[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WinterFlare

As far as I'm aware, Norbals are almost never recruitable, it's very rare for them to have an acceptable recruitment chance, anything else -should- be fair game.

Also if you find yourself killing more than injuring, use some lower calibre weapons, or ones that burn instead of penetrate.

Kitsune

Hai, if you try to recruit norbals good luck. They are nearly unrecruitable. ;D The other faktions are still recruitable but if you have the same luck as me, you get fairly more raids from norbals as from the other fraktions. ._.

The slave ships are still out there, in the fast universe. :O

For more prisoners try, as WinterFlare sayd, weaker weapons or, if you like to risk someting, use syringe. ;)

kinoshi

don't know what i am doing wrong but the short cut cant find the .exe file. i tried setting it my self but it didn't have any of the mods working.

sorry for the trouble.

Quote from: kinoshi on January 27, 2016, 01:16:32 PM
don't know what i am doing wrong but the short cut cant find the .exe file. i tried setting it my self but it didn't have any of the mods working.

sorry for the trouble.

Think you have to run the game from the shortcut but KEEP IT where it is, in the game folder. If you create a shortcut for that shortcut or move the original anywhere else, it won't work.
That's how i've been doing it, and had no issues. I moved the shortcut to desktop the first time i used MVP, and it didn't work.

kinoshi

i got it.. i am a crazy person... i had it in the mods folder not the game folder.

Quote from: Kitsune on January 26, 2016, 03:37:19 PM
Hai, if you try to recruit norbals good luck. They are nearly unrecruitable. ;D The other faktions are still recruitable but if you have the same luck as me, you get fairly more raids from norbals as from the other fraktions. ._.

The slave ships are still out there, in the fast universe. :O

For more prisoners try, as WinterFlare sayd, weaker weapons or, if you like to risk someting, use syringe. ;)

Recruited a Norbal after 2 days. He's old, tho, like 89 or something, dementia, bad back, all that. Maybe age has an influence in how hard is to recruit overall?

Animzor

So I just started this mod and I can't progress because there is no marble on my map and without marble I can't make the table that makes steel bars. What do I do? I'm waiting for traders to come around but 3 traders in a row have not carried marble. Is there anything I can do but wait?

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Animzor on January 29, 2016, 08:26:43 PM
So I just started this mod and I can't progress because there is no marble on my map and without marble I can't make the table that makes steel bars. What do I do? I'm waiting for traders to come around but 3 traders in a row have not carried marble. Is there anything I can do but wait?
Go to the stone cutting table and make ANY type of stone bricks. After that right click the smelters and select the type of stone you made. If you map has NO CHUNKS OR STONE WHATSOEVER then restart.

Th3_D00D3

I have encountered a problem, I can't install any body part on any colonist. I have tried every part. When I reinstall the modpack is my savegame going to work? Also is the bug maybe in the savegame and I have to start over? That would be terrible since I've put a lot of time into that savegame.
Thanks for your help, have a nice day.
EDIT:
Thanks dershamc903 and simon-82 for clearing up that one indeed needs to research surgery (it's called Medicine III) before being able to perform it. Sorry for calling it a bug, though I think it's not very intuitive.

dershamc903

Hey Dood, the body part installation is now unlocked depending on your Medical Research. I know I could harvest parts from my prisoners but I couldn't install them until I had researched Medical 2 or 3. One of the later ones anyway.

Joywire is out of the game though right? I have not seen that implant come up anywhere. I know the EPOE mod also had a AI brain assist enhancement, which was the best thing ever when you have a colony filled with colonists who all have Dementia or who get Dementia after that bloody toxic cloud. Could we get them in this mod but as enhancements we can buy from the Prosthesis Trader instead of craftable?

Spare74

I've been trying out this mod pack the last few days and I just encountered a bug:

As you can see the outfits tab doesn't show the right colonists, it shows the colonists from my last run... Same with the restriction tab.

Returning to the main menu and loading back in doesn't fix the problem but restarting the game does so it's not too big of a deal, just though I'd report it anyway :)

valthrudnir

Quote from: Spare74 on January 31, 2016, 06:11:17 PM
I've been trying out this mod pack the last few days and I just encountered a bug:
As you can see the outfits tab doesn't show the right colonists, it shows the colonists from my last run... Same with the restriction tab.

Returning to the main menu and loading back in doesn't fix the problem but restarting the game does so it's not too big of a deal, just though I'd report it anyway :)

I have seen this before, try hitting the "All Colonists" button again, it corrected it for me.

Fluffy (l2032)

This is in essence the same problem as why you have to reload the game after changing mods - RimWorld doesn't dispose and reload mod data correctly when starting a new game. What you're seeing is just EdB being smart and caching pawns, where the cache isn't getting reset between playthroughs. I imagine the 'all colonists' button might re-cache, otherwise just reload the game.

It's not really a mod problem, it's more a case of ' Tynan pls'.

Now that i think of it, think i had this problem before as well, i just didnt really pay attention to all colonist names (always use same 3 prepare carefully for new playthroughs). Might be why some dude recruited later on was putting on a parka over and over, even after blocking them.
Tynan, pls :D

La_Moose

Hey, Neat mod.

Could you please make it where your colonists can craft footwear and socks plz?

I find it odd my colonists have the know how to make high powered plasma and laser weapons, an interstellar starship, and medicine that literally cures anything but not how to mold leather into boots...