[A12d][ModPack] The ModVarietyPack

Started by simon-82, November 01, 2015, 02:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shad

I have worked my way through co many centipedes in my current run, I lost count. TBH, I don't even use the AM rifle much. It's too slow to fire and reload and somehow even a 17 Shooting adv bionic eye guy rarely hits with it.

I found 3 optic precision rifles work just fine.

roy2x

So how do I make shoes? :) Seriously though why cant I make them.

Speeny

I wanted to give this a try on my stream. I found Hardcore was complicated for its own sake and my own collection of mods recently broke, so I think this is next up on the list! Starting my stream at 7:20 PST on twitch under spinx42.

nuschler22

Quote from: hoochy on March 24, 2016, 11:04:55 PM
Well there are bearded women in real life, so, nothing wrong with that ;)

Thanks again for this modpack simon and all the mod creators behind it! Its great fun, much better than vanilla. It is strange how crap vanilla is compared to the mods, not that it is a poor game it was still fun. But you can't go back to vanilla without a lot of these mods. Hopefully the base game is improved in other ways, like fixing bugs (colonists too fast become permanently invisible) and the performance being crap even on a great computer just because of pathfinding or job finding. I wish they would multithread that part because I have 6 cores being unused and the game slideshowing on big maps.  It is possible, even with Unity 5, but depending on how the game is coded might be a big job to rewrite it to use multicores.

Yes, women with beards are so very common.  You see them all the time.

hoochy

Quote from: nuschler22 on March 26, 2016, 12:40:23 PM

Thanks again for this modpack simon and all the mod creators behind it! Its great fun, much better than vanilla. It is strange how crap vanilla is compared to the mods, not that it is a poor game it was still fun. But you can't go back to vanilla without a lot of these mods. Hopefully the base game is improved in other ways, like fixing bugs (colonists too fast become permanently invisible) and the performance being crap even on a great computer just because of pathfinding or job finding. I wish they would multithread that part because I have 6 cores being unused and the game slideshowing on big maps.  It is possible, even with Unity 5, but depending on how the game is coded might be a big job to rewrite it to use multicores.

lol its called shaving/plucking/waxing. It is more common than you realize, especially for some ethnicities.

Daketh

Hey folks!

Has anyone found a way in this pack to replace a broken bone? I've got a colonist with a shattered clavicle and a bionic arm did not replace it. Would a bionic spine help? Or is there a way to make artificial bones?

It's a pretty hefty penalty to manipulation, so I'd love to fix it up.

Thanks!

Headshotkill

Quote from: hoochy on March 27, 2016, 08:53:33 AM
Quote from: nuschler22 on March 26, 2016, 12:40:23 PM

lol its called shaving/plucking/waxing. It is more common than you realize, especially for some ethnicities.

You made your point, women can look like the way they please even if that means blue armpit hair and stuff but can we please focus on the game and mod now again?

WinterFlare

Quote from: Daketh on March 27, 2016, 06:46:06 PM
Hey folks!

Has anyone found a way in this pack to replace a broken bone? I've got a colonist with a shattered clavicle and a bionic arm did not replace it. Would a bionic spine help? Or is there a way to make artificial bones?

It's a pretty hefty penalty to manipulation, so I'd love to fix it up.

Thanks!

Not currently, and i'm fairly certain mod makers are waiting for A13 to update their mods (which means the modpack may be on hold for now).

Best case scenario would be to replace the limb with one chopped off an enemy prisoner (I think this requires medicine 2 or 3 to actually put it on someone else.) That is of course if you meant limb bones. If it's something like the clavicle you may have to go bionic to make up for the broken bone. (Bionic limbs are more than 100%, so even if you can't repair something you can still make up for it with enough bionics)

Darkon84

Hi folks,

I have only played Rimworld a few times before I decided to add mods. I first tried the hard-core SK pack and done my head in. I have done fairly well I think with the ModVarietyPack I just have a few little issues that I'm not sure about. I can't find sunlamps I have access to hydroponics basin, do I need to do more research?
The hydroponics basin in this pack is different from vanilla, what mods changes the hydroponics basin? I want to integrate the differences to see if they work the same.  Also the hydroponics basin in this pack has a note saying you don't need sunlamps which is different from when I last used them in vanilla. If anyone has a example using the hydroponics basin from this pack I could follow that would help.

Also is there an easy way to get lots of cotton? growing it is taking awhile.

IAMEPSIL0N

Quote from: Darkon84 on March 28, 2016, 09:35:02 PM
Hi folks,

I have only played Rimworld a few times before I decided to add mods. I first tried the hard-core SK pack and done my head in. I have done fairly well I think with the ModVarietyPack I just have a few little issues that I'm not sure about. I can't find sunlamps I have access to hydroponics basin, do I need to do more research?
The hydroponics basin in this pack is different from vanilla, what mods changes the hydroponics basin? I want to integrate the differences to see if they work the same.  Also the hydroponics basin in this pack has a note saying you don't need sunlamps which is different from when I last used them in vanilla. If anyone has a example using the hydroponics basin from this pack I could follow that would help.

The sun lamp is under lighting unless I forgot in the last hour while I would expect the hydrobasins to be under food but I haven't unlocked them yet.

Unfortunately I am not sure which mod the basins are from as they are rolled into the MVP folder. I haven't used them in MVP but if they are the same as what I am thinking of you would either place them like walls or like carpet depending on if pawns can walk over them. I believe each pod has it's own light and will pass power to it's neighbors but that also means that each line of hydros needs to be connected to power wires.

I wish I had some pictures but my setups were all very plain rows of hydros as the mod I was using the hydros were behaving like walls at the time.

Daketh

If you improve the soil where the cotton is growing with mulch, water and so on (research agriculture to unlock the enhanced soils), you can push the cotton's growth rate up to either 130% or 140% of normal, which speeds it along handily.

Generally speaking, it's better to grow the enhanced crops on the enhanced soil, but improving your xergium, cotton, and hay stands can have a notable effect on your colony.

Darkon84

Quote from: Daketh on March 29, 2016, 01:10:14 PM

If you improve the soil where the cotton is growing with mulch, water and so on (research agriculture to unlock the enhanced soils), you can push the cotton's growth rate up to either 130% or 140% of normal, which speeds it along handily.

Generally speaking, it's better to grow the enhanced crops on the enhanced soil, but improving your xergium, cotton, and hay stands can have a notable effect on your colony.
Thanks guys for your input that will help me a lot. I will have to play with the 1x1 hydroponics with the 8 fields that sounds like it could be very handy.

roy2x

I have tried using hydroponics as a light source for farming but its not as good as using a sunlamp. It only lights up 1 tile around the hydroponic basin.

Quickbowjob

Love this pack<3

But one thing i got a problem with the 'Dermal regenerator' it give's me an error once i try to add bill and bill tab stays blank after i close the error.

Quickbowjob

@Canute

oh derp that works thanks ;)
weird it has a bill option tho