When was the last Patch released? And how long until the next one?

Started by TheStache, November 04, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStache

Question is in title... the latest patch recorded was August 27,2015, which was two months ago. Why the sudden stop in patch's? Or is my data wrong?

Thanks!

chaouki

Quote from: TheRShadow on November 04, 2015, 04:06:52 PM
Question is in title... the latest patch recorded was August 27,2015, which was two months ago. Why the sudden stop in patch's? Or is my data wrong?

Thanks!

Tynan is on a 6 month hiatus/vacation as already discussed in multiple other threads. That's why there hasn't been a new update yet which will also remain like this for the upcoming months. Ison is currently working on the game but doesn't update the changelog. So your data is correct, nothing to worry about :)

rikkarth

Who the hell takes a 6 month vacation? For crying out loud! *grabs torch and pitchfork*

RemingtonRyder

Someone who works really hard for several years and needs a break so he doesn't go insane? :)

TLHeart

someone who can afford it. from all of us that have purchased the game.

zandadoum

Quote from: rikkarth on November 04, 2015, 06:22:48 PM
Who the hell takes a 6 month vacation? For crying out loud! *grabs torch and pitchfork*
would you rather have him go on vacation the day after releasing on steam?

milon

Once Tynan recharges his batteries (assuming he doesn't Zzzztt in the process), imagine how much creative energy & awesomeness he'll bring to RimWorld! That, and the fact that Ison is working on it in the meantime, means the next release is going to be epic!

JimmyAgnt007

You dont start a project like this and work at it for so long without passion.  The 6 month break is to keep him from loosing that.  He lurks around the forum from time to time to make sure nothing has burned down. 

TheStache

I agree... I mean I can understand developers taking vacations, honestly I do... but for 6 months? Ouch

REMworlder

Come on, Tynan's been working on the game for a few years. Ison is still working on the game, so development isn't stopped. Tynan's talked about getting burnt out before, and I'd love to see RimWorld development continue for a long time. Not just getting a Steam version and calling it quits. That means pacing is important.

Really though, this conversation's happened a few times already. Maybe a sticky is in order?

rikkarth

I understand everything that has been said above, still...

I too can afford it, yet I wouldn't be mentally able to take a 6 month vacation, bro 6 months, really just look at what you'r saying half an year vacation? I understand if he has some private issues to take care off, but don't sell me the 6 month vacation thing. *swings pitchfork and torch*

Either ways, you guys are doing an awesome job on the background we all know that the creative mind is Tyn but it's also thanks to your hard work that he's been able to provide us such a great game, while appeasing the plebs like us in his absence.

Like always, I'll be anxiously patiently waiting. :)

FroBodine

Oh what I would give for even a month vacation.  I have been working at my current job for 14 years, and the longest vacation I have had was two weeks. 

I know nobody cares, but I guess I'm just jealous or something.  There is no way in heck I could ever take six months off work.  Well, there is, but my wife had better get a hefty bonus or something.

Rimworld is fantastic, so we take what we can get, and I can't wait to see what's around the corner whenever Tynan starts working again.

harpo99999

I have not had a 'vacation' (what ever that is) or a 'holiday' since 1994, so can someone please tell me what a 'vacation' or 'holiday' is supposed to be?

rikkarth

Well, usually we plebs have to work a whole year to get what? Twenty something days a year?

Coenmcj

Don't you other countries get long service leave?..  :o Us Aussies and New Zealanders can get anywhere between 8-13 weeks of holidays for a certain amount of years worth of continuous work.
(The rest of the world should probably catch up to us with this! It has been 150 Years give or take... :P)

I'd say for the duration that Tynan has spent pretty much continuously, with only a few very minor breaks inbetween, I reckon he's more than deserved this, Like I've mentioned in the other dozen or so of these threads.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite