[1.2] High Caliber (21.08.2020) updated to R1.2 with 3 new guns!

Started by eatKenny, November 15, 2015, 11:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eatKenny

BTW I'm currently working on balancing via google sheet, all the changes are highlightet with color. you can leave any balancing suggestions here or via google sheet comment.

That_Axe

Maybe buff a top tier SMG or two? So that they'd have some kind of edge over Charge Rifle.

According to the wiki Charge Rifle has 14.17 DPS. The highest DPS SMG currently has 10.02(P90) with way inferior accuracy, and +2 range.

I wouldn't call myself an expert in Rimworld combat balance but seems like there's no reason to use any SMGs over the vanilla Charge Rifle. Unless I'm missing something..

Tanelorn

Quote from: That_Axe on March 16, 2017, 09:42:17 PM
Maybe buff a top tier SMG or two? So that they'd have some kind of edge over Charge Rifle.

According to the wiki Charge Rifle has 14.17 DPS. The highest DPS SMG currently has 10.02(P90) with way inferior accuracy, and +2 range.

I wouldn't call myself an expert in Rimworld combat balance but seems like there's no reason to use any SMGs over the vanilla Charge Rifle. Unless I'm missing something..

Well yeah... charge rifle is space faring tech, SMG is industrial tech. Should there be bows and arrows that are the equal to a charge rifle?

That_Axe

Quote from: Tanelorn on March 17, 2017, 11:43:07 PM
Quote from: That_Axe on March 16, 2017, 09:42:17 PM

Well yeah... charge rifle is space faring tech, SMG is industrial tech. Should there be bows and arrows that are the equal to a charge rifle?

I'm talking about equivalence here. There's only 2 space faring tech weapons. Miniguns and Charge Rifles.

Almost every kind of industrial tech weapon has some kind of "edge" over the spacer tech weapons.

Pistols can be used with riot shields.
Shotguns is their own niche with very fast aim.
Rifles are better at taking out single targets than miniguns, and has more range than Charge Rifles.
Sniper rifles have way more range than both.

How about SMG? It losses to everything when you compare to it to Charge Rifles. I'm not saying it should be better overall, I'm saying it should have its own uses.

Unless this mod is just pure flavor and doesn't account balance, I think something should be done to SMGs.

Edit: Also even out in the late game, it's going to be easier to chuck out Charge Rifles than SMGs. Because you can just build it. There's a crafting mod for HC guns, yes, but that's a whole different thing than HC dev's core mod.

eatKenny

SMGs are mostly, like in reallife, for CQC. in Rimworld they are meant for second line defence in which case enemies are closing and assault rifles(and charge rifle) due to long warm-up time are no longer ideal to engage.
PS: SMGs are great for hunting ;)

Saeko

Quote from: eatKenny on March 15, 2017, 04:25:41 AM
BTW I'm currently working on balancing via google sheet, all the changes are highlightet with color. you can leave any balancing suggestions here or via google sheet comment.

Hi, i think the work needed to craft guns from the mod is realy to much, like 4XXX for a scar-h when a vanilla gun is like 5XX

eatKenny

Quote from: Saeko on March 20, 2017, 02:04:36 PM
Quote from: eatKenny on March 15, 2017, 04:25:41 AM

Hi, i think the work needed to craft guns from the mod is realy to much, like 4XXX for a scar-h when a vanilla gun is like 5XX

craft recipes are not made by me, but i will take a look and may balance them in a few days.

Nitneuk

Soryy, I don't know if the question was already asked but is it possible to do something to "Equip ballistic shield" and not force to wear it ?

Headshotkill

Download links for compatibility patches are down, anyone have replacement?

SheiFoxy

Hi! My wife's currently playing this mod, and she's having an issue. She previously had it working fine, but started a new game, and now it will let her craft ballistic shield, but none of the guns show up.
We looked in the fueled smithing, electric smithy, and machining table. None of them showed the guns. We used the recipe defs patch and put the recipe defs in the defs folder per your instructions.

Any ideas?
SheiFoxy's Mods on Steam Workshop
SF Grim Reality ⚝ SF Materials Rebalanced ⚝ SF Traits Expansion ⚝ SF Cave Life

Elodie

Quote from: SheiFoxy on May 04, 2017, 08:47:52 PM
Hi! My wife's currently playing this mod, and she's having an issue. She previously had it working fine, but started a new game, and now it will let her craft ballistic shield, but none of the guns show up.
We looked in the fueled smithing, electric smithy, and machining table. None of them showed the guns. We used the recipe defs patch and put the recipe defs in the defs folder per your instructions.

Any ideas?

Can't seem to find them at my Machining Table either, which is where the HC_Weapons.xml seems to be pointing the recipes to. I can craft the stuff out of Rimfire just fine, but not things in High Caliber

Quote from: Nitneuk on April 20, 2017, 02:23:11 AM
Soryy, I don't know if the question was already asked but is it possible to do something to "Equip ballistic shield" and not force to wear it ?

You can clear the "Forced" status in the Assign tab, unless you need certain clothes forced, in which case you might have to play around with assigned outfits and wait for your Pawns to pick the shields up on their own.

code18red

Hey Kenny, Thanks for the quick update!

Was wondering if ballistic shields were going to make their way back in later. Also wanted to suggest a gun, the USAS-12. As a full auto shotgun it fulfills basically the same role as the SAGIA-12 in your mod, so maybe to add a bit of flavor add higher accuracy, longer reload and shorter range?

eatKenny

Quote from: code18red on May 27, 2017, 01:13:52 PM
Was wondering if ballistic shields were going to make their way back in later.

i lost the source code since my last harddrive died so i can't promise a return for the ballistic shield.

mismaerz