[A15 test][A13] Adaptation Refusal 0.8

Started by milon, December 04, 2015, 09:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Orphaned Mod Seeks Responsible Modder Parent:
I'm really busy with IRL stuff and don't have time to maintain or update mods (sad!), I'm not going to update this mod.  Anyone else can take over from here.  I've checked with the original author, and he's not going to take over, so it's open to the public for whoever wants it.

To update a mod, start a new A15 game with this mod attached and see what error messages pop up.  Fix the XML until no more errors happen.  (See the XML modder's reference in my sig if you're new to modding.)

Speaking of which, there's a build of this mod for A15 that seems to be working: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16995.msg280672#msg280672

Adaptation Refusal 0.8 for A13

Description:
We refuse to adapt!!
Your colonists are no dirt-scrabbling pre-industrial animals.  They're sentient space-faring beings, and they're going to live like it... With a little research.  This mod allows dirt farming to be bypassed with some new technologies that allows the production of power, food, weapons, and armor using various metals.  Original mod by Krantz86, updates and additional content by me, some art resources by SlimeCrusher.  Criticism & feedback are welcomed, especially since it needs a lot of balancing work yet.  Here's a quick look at some of the new equipment and benches:

Changelog:
A13.0.8 - Added Meal Synthesizer, Synth Meals, Synth Meal Addiction, Synth Meal Addiction tales (artwork!), tweaked building costs (require components now, and can break down), Adaptation Refusal buildings give off heat, minor tweaks & balances
A13.0.7b - Fixes another crafting bug, hopefully fixes the electrolyte hoarding issue
A13.0.7 - A13 update, and fixes an armor crafting bug, adds 2 new weapon textures by SlimeCrusher
A12.0.7b - Bug fixes, new bacteria battery
A12.0.7 - First release (update original mod to A12)

Known Issues:

• none

To Do:
- Slot armors appropriately to allow extra clothing (ie. Aparello stuff)
- Further test Synth Meal Addiction tales
- Further test heat balancing (armor & buildings make colonists hot now, so temperature is a consideration)
- Add a "recharge" ticker to appropriate self-generating benches (may not be possible with xml-only modding)
- Continue rebalancing stats (ie. armor prices)

License:
You may include this in other works, learn by looking at the code, etc.  Give credit where credit is due.  Updated to A13, balanced, and slightly edited by milon.  Some textures by SlimeCrusher.  Original mod by Krantz86; contact him for any additional permissions.

Techgenius

Hohoho! oh boy! fallout 4 will have to wait now, I gots this whole mod back, thank you Milon! you're the best, I will come back with feedbacks soon :D

Techgenius

It looks like the slag armor crafting isnt working, the work amount is always at 0, there might be more, looking.

EDIT: For some reason the slag armour recipes appear on the tailor's workbench, they also are at 0 work time.

Dragoon

This loosk amazing!!! I have one question however. "This mod rejects peasant farming colonies" we can still do both right, it doesn't turn it off or anything?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Techgenius

Quote from: Dragoon on December 05, 2015, 12:21:05 AM
This loosk amazing!!! I have one question however. "This mod rejects peasant farming colonies" we can still do both right, it doesn't turn it off or anything?

You will need to do some farming still, but once you unlock the advanced techs, why bother?

Techgenius

Colonists are not consuming Eletrolyte solutions, rather.. they are storing them in their persons, their inventory instead of storing them in storage areas, I had a colonist die last pirate attack to find out he was hoarding 228x eletrolyte cans in his inventory, they are starving, but hell, they arent going to consume, those shiny, full of protein pseudo-drinks

milon

Wow, what a pack rat eh?

I guess my bug testing wasn't very thorough.  Thanks for the reports.  I'll fix it as soon as real life permits.

And as Techgenius said, it doesn't disable anything, just adds another path of advancement.  I edited the first post for clarity.

milon

Thanks for the bug reports.  The following bugs should be fixed now:
- Tailor bench has slag armor recipes
- Crafting armor 0-work
- Colonists won't drink Eletrolyte solutions (it's raw, so they won't prefer it, but they'll drink it, cook with it, & train animals with it)

Also, enjoy the new large bacteria battery.  ;)

HefferX

How do you craft the charged weapons? I don't see a recipe at the back alert armory

HefferX

Oh I see it. I didn't expect it at the battery itself.

The vest upgrades don't seem to be working for me. I can upgrade the plate armor and helmets just fine.

LustrousWolf

Will this mod become compatible with combat realism?? Already tried it with cr and it messes up the reloading system :o

EDIT: Sorry this mod does not mess up the combat realism at all! It was a mod I had not even suspected of being able to break other mods. So far this mod is working with over 60 other mods that I am currently using :)

RickyMartini

This is a really really neat mod. Congratz

bullet

For the recipe of Improved Slag Vest,  in the <fixedIngredientFilter> field you put  Slag_Vest_Improved instead Slag_Vest_Crude, because of that  impossible to make Improved Vest version

Techgenius

I'm hesitant to use it with the latest version, but I'll try and see if it's working, if not, can you update it Milon? anyone?

Krantz86

Ah! just downloaded on principle