Alpha Animals (aka Vanilla Friendly Animals)

Started by A Friend, December 15, 2015, 11:00:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want an early release? We can do that if wanted, but the animals won't have the special abilities (Like projectile attacks) that was planned for them.

Release it early, I'd like some variety now. This human leather chair that I sit on cannot hold my patience any longer.
6 (37.5%)
Heck no. Why wouldn't you want to see the Gallatross throw nuke rocks!? That's heresy!
10 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: February 10, 2016, 06:48:44 AM

Huntakilla

A Friend

Quote from: Huntakilla on February 02, 2016, 09:17:16 PM
Will these ever be available to download?

Seems like Skully's going for a sledgehammer release. Instead of slowly adding each animal.
ETA, dunno yet. But hopefully *soon™*!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

Im still on it. Might release the animals without custom behaviours if people reaaaaally want em. Just tidying up the verb stuff so they can shoot.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

lude

Anyone able to imagine psychicly inclined animals or entities that would cause psychich drones or when appearing cause a hellfire/meteorstorm? Tho i think that' too off topic off to more legendary encounters and gloriously lost games.

A few of these are already in some mods/packs Huntakilla, like 3 I've seen.

How about six legged horses? They'd go well with Right Tool for the Haul's Saddles and Carts!
Or a murder of crows?
Centaur Space Cowboys hmm I need to learn cpp :(
Is there somewhere a tutorial on how to work that way with gimp or somesuch?

A Friend

Quote from: lude on February 04, 2016, 01:44:00 PM
A few of these are already in some mods/packs Huntakilla, like 3 I've seen.

Yeah, the only one that I'm aware of is the Hardcore SK. Dunno if it has the animals beyond Batch 1 as the creator only linked back to this thread:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2390.msg183522#msg183522
But eitherway, the main mod complete with all the animals will be released by Skullywag under the title "Alpha Animals". (Originally Alpha Predators, but I decided to include non predator-y stuffs.)

A Friend

Well, would ya look at that.
The waiting game it is!

Anyways, possible plans for the next batch.

Plasmorphs (Insectoid snails that shoot firebombs at you. Probs gonna be for Tundra biomes)
Elder Root (Legendary animal/treeman that's incredibly resistant to bullets and blunts, Kill it with fire.)
Meadow Aves (Colorful fast running birds/raptors for Temperate forests! Chocobos anyone?)
Blizzarisks (Giant Spiders v2.0, now with snow camo and luxurious fur.)
Wildpods (Swamp monsters! Has the resistances of the Elder Root but weaker and smaller, might make it to only spawn as a manhunter event)
Ironhusk Beetles (Giant beetles that sheds steel plates that you can use. Eats wood and are only sold by Traders.)
Harvesters (Technically mechanoids. Eats anything organic, then you can milk it for nutrient paste! Sold by Traders.)
No names yet but probably another legendary that shoots a barrage of 4 firebombs (with a mortar-like explosion radius) simultaneously. (Don't worry, Tynan is adding fire extinguishers next patch! c: )

That's kind of it for now. More will eventually get added.
I'm gonna discontinue the Razorjack though. As cool as the name is, the nightling already got its special attack and unique appearance.

Edit 2:
But damnit, I also really like the name. Maybe I could rename the Nightling... POLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
http://strawpoll.me/6778122

Edit:
And when Tynan releases the next patch which includes EXTREME deserts, I got some plans as well...

Edit 3:
Also, Won't be able to work on these soon, school keeps taking away my free time. I just have barely enough to dedicate to video games.

A Friend

Hey all, I'm starting work on Batch 3.

Now.

How. About. Some.
RAINBOW CHICKENSSSSSSSS!
http://imgur.com/a/2ns1m

Meadow Ave

Toggle

Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

LittleGreenStone

A Friend

w00d

i hope those chocobos taste good.. cos i will be murdering them all

Wild Card

Hey this looks very promising . Beutifull work on all of the creatures ;)
Do you plan to tie in a little crafting to this mod? namely making a kind of armor out of the plates the bugs drop ? or from the snowlion`s pelt? and so on

dismar

A Friend

Quote from: Wild Card on April 07, 2016, 12:36:33 PM
Hey this looks very promising . Beutifull work on all of the creatures ;)
Do you plan to tie in a little crafting to this mod? namely making a kind of armor out of the plates the bugs drop ? or from the snowlion`s pelt? and so on

Well, currently they're set to just drop materials that you can use to craft vanilla stuffs. No special items planned yet. Though I could consider it in the future.

Anyways. I found out from the guys at the modder's slack that you can give animals a wobble effect that makes them look like they're floating.
So... Floaty jellyfishies here we come!

Aerofleet