[A13] [A12d] [MODPACK] [UI] UPDATED! The must-have Rimworld UI mods!

Started by Florius, December 30, 2015, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warforyou

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 31, 2015, 04:55:04 AM
As for the manager giving a save error, that's new to me. Are you sure you've got the latest version? There was a bug with a couple of versions back.

I do, but I only have this bug when I am using manager along with edb interface. Not sure yet though, finding it out is kinda painful becausethis error wipes all my saves.

RickyMartini

How do your save files get wiped out? Sounds serious to me, because I had my files corrupted once but never because of mod mismatch.

Florius

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Warforyou on December 31, 2015, 05:53:40 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on December 31, 2015, 04:55:04 AM
As for the manager giving a save error, that's new to me. Are you sure you've got the latest version? There was a bug with a couple of versions back.

I do, but I only have this bug when I am using manager along with edb interface. Not sure yet though, finding it out is kinda painful becausethis error wipes all my saves.
That's just not possible. Only way it corrupts all your saves is if you manually overwrite existing savegames after you get an error that corrupts the gamestate. So.. maybe don't overwrite your good savegames?

Also the saves won't be wiped unless an error in core happens, usually there's just minor errors that stop it loading.

RickyMartini

Maybe also add:

"No Cleaning Please" by Latta (adds new button for cleaning area)

"Expanded History" by Latta (adds 2 new options for history graph)

No cleaning please needs a colony restart though. I'd also add that you need a new colony for this modpack.

Florius

I will take a look at the expanded history mod.

However, the no cleaning please mod is made for version 10b, so have to see if it is compatible with Rimworld, and the other mods.

EDIT: Took a look at the expanded history mod. It appears it is incompatible with one of the mods, since it doesn't show all the features. I'll see if I can find out which one. But if I can get it to work, it would be really nice!

TLHeart

Quote from: Florius on January 02, 2016, 09:55:13 AM
I will take a look at the expanded history mod.

However, the no cleaning please mod is made for version 10b, so have to see if it is compatible with Rimworld, and the other mods.

EDIT: Took a look at the expanded history mod. It appears it is incompatible with one of the mods, since it doesn't show all the features. I'll see if I can find out which one. But if I can get it to work, it would be really nice!

no 10b is the version number of the no cleaning mod, not which rimworld it is for....It works just fine with alpha 12.

Florius

Quote from: TLHeart on January 02, 2016, 10:25:34 AM
no 10b is the version number of the no cleaning mod, not which rimworld it is for....It works just fine with alpha 12.
Yeah I already tried and was just working fine, but thanks for the explanation, though, because didn't knew it was the version hehe!

Florius

Quote from: arl85 on January 08, 2016, 03:56:55 AM
MedicalInfo is also useful

I already have Numbers! which does the exact same thing, but even more!
But if it get's requested a lot, I have no problem adding it

arl85

Quote from: Florius on January 08, 2016, 04:42:28 AM
Quote from: arl85 on January 08, 2016, 03:56:55 AM
MedicalInfo is also useful

I already have Numbers! which does the exact same thing, but even more!
But if it get's requested a lot, I have no problem adding it

MedicalInfo shows health details in a new "Medical" (or "health" - I cannot check atm) Tab, IIRC Numbers! doesn't.

forumaccount

This is a pretty fantastic modpack, because it makes no assumptions about the user's desires for balance difficulty, or new content and thus is fully compatible with the user choosing their own options in that regard. While still improving the base game and UI for everyone, even an otherwise vanilla game! I'm so going to run this on my next colony, I've had to cut down on mods currently because I went too far and it caused too much trouble. A well-chosen and tested Vanilla UI ++ is exactly the starting point the doctor ordered for what ails me!
Steam Workshop destroys modding communities. Don't let your town become a megastore's parking lot!

Florius

Quote from: forumaccount on March 17, 2016, 07:14:37 PM
This is a pretty fantastic modpack, because it makes no assumptions about the user's desires for balance difficulty, or new content and thus is fully compatible with the user choosing their own options in that regard. While still improving the base game and UI for everyone, even an otherwise vanilla game! I'm so going to run this on my next colony, I've had to cut down on mods currently because I went too far and it caused too much trouble. A well-chosen and tested Vanilla UI ++ is exactly the starting point the doctor ordered for what ails me!

I'm glad you like it! Ofcourse, in time I will also release it for Alpha 13 :)

RickyMartini

I have to say it too. UI-Mods are the best ones because they don't change any balance and can therefore be implemented without second thought.

I'm glad we have someone who keeps things clean in a modpack.

Florius

Quote from: Skissor on March 18, 2016, 06:24:24 PM
I have to say it too. UI-Mods are the best ones because they don't change any balance and can therefore be implemented without second thought.

I'm glad we have someone who keeps things clean in a modpack.

That's exactly my point. There are quite a few mod packs, but they all change the gameplay. I personally, like it more closer to the vanilla play style!

And if you want another game changing mod, you can always add it, just change it to your own style!