[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deimos Rast

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on August 31, 2016, 03:14:35 PM
While a great idea and very much in the whole Rimworld spirit, I couldn't stomach implementing something like that.
Granted, making a mod about explosives for a game that prominently features cannibalism may not seem like the most sensible choice either :)
Still, ya gotta draw the line somewhere.
oh, I quite understand and was going to mention as much, but figured "this is rimworld." I can respect your decision.

Quote from: gillsminnow on August 31, 2016, 03:31:44 PM
Hey love this idea have given it a download! Just a quick question - can I use this to clear the roof of a mountain so that it won't collapse in future?

Skullywag has a mod called "RoofBomb" that does just that, but I don't think it has been updated yet.
#StopPluginAbuse

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: gillsminnow on August 31, 2016, 03:31:44 PM
Hey love this idea have given it a download! Just a quick question - can I use this to clear the roof of a mountain so that it won't collapse in future?

Right now the explosives don't affect roof tiles. I think the dev menu has an action for that if it's just a few tiles.
But that's cheating, so don't use that :D
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Thanks to Vassteel's kind contribution this mod is now available on the Steam Workshop.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Helpful Bot

Left a comment on steam but felt strongly enough about it to duplicate my praise for you here. I having been using this for a couple days and I'm thoroughly impressed. The level of attention to detail here is amazing. Not only does this mod NOT break immersion, it encourages it. I fully endorse this mod and the skill of its creator, thank you sir hugs unlimited! Uprated and favorited.

TLDR: You Rock!

UnlimitedHugs

Dingo

You have some minor typos:
-In ResearchProjects_Misc.xml, defName RemoteDetonator's description has "manifacture" instead of "manufacture".
-In ThingCategories.xml, the label says "exposives" instead of "explosives".

But that's beside the point. I just wanted to let you know I made a patch for this mod to use Neutroglycerin in its requirements along with very slight changes to compensate for adding the requirement. You can find it here.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Dingo on September 23, 2016, 06:23:02 PM
You have some minor typos:
-In ResearchProjects_Misc.xml, defName RemoteDetonator's description has "manifacture" instead of "manufacture".
-In ThingCategories.xml, the label says "exposives" instead of "explosives".

But that's beside the point. I just wanted to let you know I made a patch for this mod to use Neutroglycerin in its requirements along with very slight changes to compensate for adding the requirement. You can find it here.

Thank you, I'll fix the typos in the next release.
As for the patch- by all means. Thanks for letting me know.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.9.0

There you go folks, another big update.
Most notable additions are the wired detonator and the makeshift explosives. Especially useful early game and on tribal colonies, but there are a lot of potential applications. Oh, and then there's Sparkweed- you have fun with that :)

kfsm420

I'm having an issue with this mods effect on colonists. Just after upgrading the Remote Detonator console with the component to allow frequency selection, many of my colonists get stuck in a "standing" situation. I am using this mod with a few other mods, so maybe a cohesion issue?

Aside from that, I do love the mod! The tactical security it brings to my place on the ice sheet is unrivaled in any of my previous bases! Thanks for your hard work!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: kfsm420 on September 27, 2016, 03:53:21 AM
I'm having an issue with this mods effect on colonists. Just after upgrading the Remote Detonator console with the component to allow frequency selection, many of my colonists get stuck in a "standing" situation. I am using this mod with a few other mods, so maybe a cohesion issue?

Aside from that, I do love the mod! The tactical security it brings to my place on the ice sheet is unrivaled in any of my previous bases! Thanks for your hard work!

Someone on the workshop reported something similar, but I can't reproduce it. I need more to go on- errors from the console, or at least your other mods and a save.

kfsm420

Problem
   Any colonist with "construction" enabled under the work tab will enter a semi-persistent "Standing" activity after       
   completing a task.

Cause(s)
   Installing a component to allow channel selection in the Remote Detonator.

Observations
   After initiating the problem...
      Reloading the game from a previous save does not remove the issue.
      To remove the issue you must completely close out of Rimworld and restart.

RimWorld Colony file
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=36997656822021053058

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.9.2

Fixed the stuck pawn issue related to the detonator component installation.
kfsm420, thank you for taking the time to report this, you've been a great help :)

kfsm420

For your commitment to a quality mod; The Colonists thank you, I thank you, Rimworld thanks you!

For real, that was a solid turnaround!

Vincent

I made an account on this forum just to tell you how much I love your mod. Man have I pulled some fun tactics with it. ::)

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you will invent next.  :P

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Vincent on October 01, 2016, 10:58:27 PM
I made an account on this forum just to tell you how much I love your mod. Man have I pulled some fun tactics with it. ::)

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see what you will invent next.  :P

Welcome, and thank you for the feedback. It's always great to hear back from you guys.