[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazacik

Any way I can make the sleeping gas put pawns to sleep faster? I wanted to make a trap using two foam charges to seal off a room's entrance and exit and then the sleeping gas.. but it takes like 20-30 seconds for raiders to fall asleep, long enough for them to just dig out of the room :-/

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: mazacik on January 12, 2018, 07:55:45 PM
Any way I can make the sleeping gas put pawns to sleep faster? I wanted to make a trap using two foam charges to seal off a room's entrance and exit and then the sleeping gas.. but it takes like 20-30 seconds for raiders to fall asleep, long enough for them to just dig out of the room :-/

It does take a while. I'd recommend upgrading and doubling up your walls to keep your guests around long enough.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

MineFoxC

Since it takes a lot of multitasking to blow different groups of mines manually,in different areas on big raids,could you add something like a "securit job"?Like,you assign 1 pawn to a structure {maybe some kind of watchtower?},to blow the mines at the right moment{obviously sight and consciousness should influence how well they will perform,for example,the lower the consciousness,the longer he will need to detonate a mine,giving more time for the enemy to pass unharmed,and sight,defining the range at wich he can spot the enemies and arm the mines,also he can get shot in the watchtower,but gets like a 20% cover for wood,up to 95% cover for metals,and if the watchtower is destroyed while they are inside,they get downed instantly,with various wounds,like bruise,crack,etc...}
Definetely a hard,if not impossible request,but i would definetely like to see it.
"They ask me:
how did you get banned from so many communities?
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: MineFoxC on January 14, 2018, 10:15:13 AM
Since it takes a lot of multitasking to blow different groups of mines manually,in different areas on big raids,could you add something like a "securit job"?Like,you assign 1 pawn to a structure {maybe some kind of watchtower?},to blow the mines at the right moment{obviously sight and consciousness should influence how well they will perform,for example,the lower the consciousness,the longer he will need to detonate a mine,giving more time for the enemy to pass unharmed,and sight,defining the range at wich he can spot the enemies and arm the mines,also he can get shot in the watchtower,but gets like a 20% cover for wood,up to 95% cover for metals,and if the watchtower is destroyed while they are inside,they get downed instantly,with various wounds,like bruise,crack,etc...}
Definetely a hard,if not impossible request,but i would definetely like to see it.

Does it really take a lot of multitasking? You can issue a detonation order by right-clicking the console with a drafted colonist- the red button is mostly for looks :)
The watchtower idea might be workable, but how would the guy tell if the raiders are in optimal position? It's a judgement the player makes for best results.
An idea might be to add an interaction cell to the detonator- if a drafted guy is standing there, he will trigger the explosion as soon as a hostile enters his sight radius. Might be a nice synergy with Defensive Positions. You would need to break his visual range with some strategically placed walls for this to work, though.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 14, 2018, 10:39:01 AM
Does it really take a lot of multitasking? You can issue a detonation order by right-clicking the console with a drafted colonist- the red button is mostly for looks :)
The watchtower idea might be workable, but how would the guy tell if the raiders are in optimal position? It's a judgement the player makes for best results.
An idea might be to add an interaction cell to the detonator- if a drafted guy is standing there, he will trigger the explosion as soon as a hostile enters his sight radius. Might be a nice synergy with Defensive Positions. You would need to break his visual range with some strategically placed walls for this to work, though.

How hard would it be to setup a sort of custom trigger program? Could you have it say, "When >5 enemies are in this area, flick this switch" or something like that? You'd still have to have a guy there on standby though..

MineFoxC

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 14, 2018, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: MineFoxC on January 14, 2018, 10:15:13 AM

Yes,but if you have mods that add factions with them,on insane difficulty,it gets really messy and hard to check everywhere around the base at the same time,even worse if they are already destroying stuff and you need to micromanage your pawns so they don't get killed.

And since enemies remain kind of grouped,it shouldn't matter whether it's one or 4,since the blast radius is decent enough,or you can just make them blow up based on how many enemies are around like 6 tiles,but not in the blast radius of any mine,so even if it's only one,he won't just go unharmed,for the "group trigger",maybe Zombielands' "zombies rage if group gets too large" might help you to "trigger" the event(the pawn flipping the switch)
"They ask me:
I answer:i don't even know...i guess they don't like wallhacks/aimbot/lag hacks/god mode/infinite ammo?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 14, 2018, 11:23:53 AM
How hard would it be to setup a sort of custom trigger program? Could you have it say, "When >5 enemies are in this area, flick this switch" or something like that? You'd still have to have a guy there on standby though..

I suppose this could be done from the detonator, much like you would target a mortar. If the detonator is manned and a hostile enters the target area, they would trigger the detonation.
Doesn't account for the different channels, but I guess you could place multiple detonators for that.

Quote from: MineFoxC on January 14, 2018, 11:32:30 AM
Yes,but if you have mods that add factions with them,on insane difficulty,it gets really messy and hard to check everywhere around the base at the same time,even worse if they are already destroying stuff and you need to micromanage your pawns so they don't get killed.

Making a permanent watch area would be tricky- you'd need a new work type, some tool to specify the watchtower/detonator to stand on, and a few other things.
Also, seems like setting off explosives in those circumstances would just make matters worse- perhaps you might rather be looking for some form of early warning system.

MineFoxC

You could make it the same way that it works when they are drafted,instead of aiming and shooting they could be set to flick the switch?Or maybe just make a watchtower that tells you when a set of mine is being ran over by the enemy,like with the small notification at the top with something like "a colonist has spotted enemies over your mines!",that you can click to be teleported to the area that happened?
"They ask me:

asquirrel

Could you increase the remote explosives range to unlimited?   My pawns have to stand out exposed to blow stuff up when the enemy is closing in.  Also, I laid down some claymore and IEDs and don't know how to blow that stuff up.  Do I need to use a detonator?  Where do I get sparkwire  to run the line?  Thanks for your help!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: asquirrel on January 14, 2018, 12:54:32 PM
Could you increase the remote explosives range to unlimited?   My pawns have to stand out exposed to blow stuff up when the enemy is closing in.  Also, I laid down some claymore and IEDs and don't know how to blow that stuff up.  Do I need to use a detonator?  Where do I get sparkwire  to run the line?  Thanks for your help!

It's nice to have some risk involved- keeps your folks from getting complacent ;)
As for the IED's, those can be triggered by wire with the manual detonator. You'd have to grow some sparkweed to get the sparkpowder.

Sarge

Growing Sparkweed? Now that's something I can get into.

asquirrel

Is the sparkweed crop compatible with Vegetable Garden mod?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: asquirrel on January 15, 2018, 02:05:16 PM
Is the sparkweed crop compatible with Vegetable Garden mod?

Should be. VG doesn't seem to add any conflicting stuff that I can see.

asquirrel

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.14.0

Well hello there! I've got I nice juicy update for you today. Here are the highlights:
Fixes

• Sparkweed is now removed on harvest. This should make it a lot easier to gather the stuff without burning down your base.
  • Charges will once again drop their item form when deconstructed.
  • Detonator wire will no longer deconstruct walls it is built under.

Changes

• Sparkweed ignition is now suppressed by firefoam. The effect has a limited number of uses, so planting sparkweed in your main hallway is still not advisable.
  • Chemical charges research and production has been split up. Rather than making (or buying) the generic canister, the specific type of charge now has to be produced.
  • Replaced the graphics for sparkpowder and the detonator wire. The wire is now more curvy and centered within the tile.
  • Gas clouds can no longer be selected. The concentration readout is now visible in the bottom left corner when hovering over a cloud.

New stuff

• Added the gas vent. I "borrowed" this one from my Gas Works project- who knows when that will be done, so you may as well enjoy it in the meantime.
  • Added the refined sleeping gas. With a bit of research and the proper ingredients you can manufacture even sweeter dreams for your guests.
  • Added the detonator wire crossing. Allows crossing two wires without transmitting a signal between them. Handy for complex setups.
  • Added settings to auto-arm placed charges. See the mod options menu to enable.

As always, let me know what you think, and your bug reports are always welcome.
Have a nice one.