Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasimirtlw

the ability to trade colonists with other players in some way :)
so we can catch them all  :P

SC_Reaper

What about adding some new weather effects and overlays? New weathers themself wouldn't be hard to make since they still follow the same concept all the way through. This just adds new combinations of weather. It's like when you have, for example, four overlays, then you have 4*3*2*1 different weathers to make. But problem is that some are not realistic in any way and needs to be cut out. New weather effects, sounds and overlays would be quite amazing.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Anduin1357

spyker92

1) Muffolo / Boar / Other Large Stampede
- Instead of just 1 or 2 wild animals going on a rampage, lets try 5-20?

2) Track record for last injury / how many kills (synergy for bloodlust?)

3) New trait(s): Psychic/Telepathetic  (barely, normal, blessed)
-Greatly improves manipulation and gives a (small) happiness boost to anyone near, but the mental break threshold is obnoxious high, they'll need to coddled and well protected from the dangers of the rim to be of any use. Flip shit when psychic drone happens.

3b) Claustrophobia trait
3c) Agoraphobia trait

4) Tribesman riding Muffolos into battle
- With spears of course!

4b) Tribesman Horde Assault
- All tribes on the planet that you're not allied with attack at once in a massive assault (generating upwards of 100 soldiers). Primarily melee troops. 

5) New (predatory) animals
- Wolves, Bears, Crocodiles, Foxes

6) Domestication
- Able to farm muffolo and other animals for milk / leather / meat.

7) Prioritize self eating / Rest button

8) Windows / Other ventilation (help with temperature control)

9) Water mill electric power
-Built primarily using wood and some metal. Highly inefficient, but cheap on metals, can only be built on shallow water tiles.

SC_Reaper

Quote from: spyker92 on January 08, 2015, 08:15:16 AM

7 ) Prioritize self eating / Rest button

8 ) Windows / Other ventilation (help with temperature control)

I know there already two mods for 8 but still... We need them!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

Thanok

Two more suggestions:

- Add a "only rotten-corpses" Option for the crematorium. It's quite annoying if you have to watch your ppl to slaughter the fresh corpses and burn the old ones.
- a "Strip-before burn" Checkbox for the crematorium (or a option to avoid the burning of dressed corpses)

MikhailBoho

Could you modify mortars so that they target the largest cluster of enemies instead of the closest ones? Recently had a single raider break away the from a pack of +30 and before I forced their autoattack, my mortars blew out a few walls in my killbox because of the Rambo raider.

I don't entirely know how to remedy this but, playing on Challenge difficulty Randy, I have ended up with around 1000 packaged survival meals on my map (with 410 already in my stockpile). Having so many meals from raids kind of trivializes meal production late game and removes those "but what if we lose power and starve" moments.

Edit: One more observation. Doctors feed injured colonists if they're hungry, even if healing them and getting them out of bed would be significantly quicker than hand-feeding them first.

Zilch

Add operation>lobotomise.
I have some regular Jack Nicholson prisoners that need a lesson.

Hayhorse

Layers, it might take longer than 4 hours to code so that the map generated can allow several layers of a map, say caves going down hill too a deeper location, DF does this pretty good and you need to do it latter on, I am not sure if this is a plan for the game development so far, but it would allow for things like trapdoor floors where you have a hallway with pistons that are up when you aren't being attacked and down when you are. It would allow for some interesting base designs like a kill room with a bunch off Insane Muffalo and have them trapped a layer down with a piston/drawbridge so you can make people fall down there and feed them to your "Pets". Also a single man raid where a person joins your colony but is actually a member of a hostile faction and is coming to sabotage say your food stores in the winter, or to kill someone after a while. Once they have killed or done the sabotage the event that reveals a traitor occurs and they are forced into being shown as a enemy, your job is to then kill or capture them, if you capture them then you can either convince them into joining or go onto your comms console and trade them to the hostile faction for resources ( of your general choice ), or for a free relation increase by just releasing them for free.

Zilch

Give resources a density value.
This has already been half implemented with the stack size of gold etc.
Dense materials stack higher but pawns carry less, vice versa for sparse materials.

Hayhorse

OH! Another Idea for Tynan, add a button in the dev console that ends any general events, like Solar flare or Heat/cold snap because a solar flare timed with a small raid and only 1 non-incaped colonist = losing garented or freezing to death on a ice-sheet with a cold snap+solar flare, just add a tab with it to end specific events. ( And possibly add a timer to that tab saying how long until it ends.)

Evelyn

Quote from: Tynan on January 08, 2015, 02:45:59 AM
I'm desperate trying to balance the absurd economy that appears when you're killing dozens of raiders.

Toning down the thing where you get 50 raiders with a colony of 10 might be a good start.

Zilch

Ability for idle colonists to 'read a book' or 'play chess' or some other idle task.

They seem to create a fair amount of lag when wandering around, not as bad as when they are cleaning though.

TrashMan

Quote from: Tynan on January 08, 2015, 02:45:59 AM
Quote from: fluffy_543 on January 06, 2015, 06:12:02 AM
I saw in the changelog that apparel now has durability. It would be great if durability would decrease dramatically when shot at. This would make the clothes you strip from corpses much less valuable and make crafting more important for survival, especially in winter biomes.

You've nailed the exact reason apparel has durability now :)

I'm desperate trying to balance the absurd economy that appears when you're killing dozens of raiders.

Give them a better survival instinct.
The player can't loot what runs away.
Smaller raids and less turrets?

Zilch