Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleGreenStone

Quote from: Tynan on May 07, 2015, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: LittleGreenStone on May 06, 2015, 06:22:37 AM
Cheap idea, how about letting us leave doors open?

To equalize temperature between rooms, to let in raiders instead of waiting for them to destroy the door for the hundredth time, or simply to save time with the non-powered doors.

This is actually already in for A11. Not that it was cheap. It required serious work in the reachability, pathfinding, and region traversal code (especially as room/room reachability pairs are cached). Any code that modifies reachability will tend to be difficult.

I...ugh. Sorry? ^^

Though I do not understand how/why. I usually put a single-tile stockpile under the door so that it remains open.
Implementing it was that hard? Though it'd be...easy.

b0rsuk

In Alpha9, I've seen many raiders with both Brawler trait and a weapon in hand. I'm not sure if it's already fixed - I've been playing Pillars of Eternity. Please make sure brawler raiders don't wield weapons.

hector212121

ranged weapons, you mean?

Brawlers are fine with a mace or sword.

king komodo

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 10, 2015, 03:06:00 PM
In Alpha9, I've seen many raiders with both Brawler trait and a weapon in hand. I'm not sure if it's already fixed - I've been playing Pillars of Eternity. Please make sure brawler raiders don't wield weapons.

Brawler doesn't limit what a person can carry just how they feel while carrying it. If a brawler is carrying a firearm they just get a mood debuff.

starryknight64

Another easy one: on occasion, whenever a colonist picks up a rock (so long as they're in a desert/forest biome) a snake appears and attacks the colonist!

amul

More events that give insight into the history of the mechanoids.

Superbanango

i wish this game could have an multiplayer online or offline so u can trade stuff to your friends and raid other players capture there bases makin clans doing so much things but it''ll wont happen it'll just be to hard to make a multiplayer game to make.

also should put random bots so you can capture their territory XD and they can raid back higher your base goes the high toughness they'll be

hector212121

That is the exact OPPOSITE of cheap super. Seriously.

kingtyris

How about a slider to allow us to prioritize specific bills, similar to manual priorities in the overview tab? I'd like to be able to designate making stone blocks as more important than smelting metal slag, for example.

Evilko

Event "Forest in fire".
Very rare event (5%) during another event "Heat Wave". About 60% of all trees on map catches fire \o/

Hayhorse

Quote from: Evilko on May 14, 2015, 09:09:31 PM
Event "Forest in fire".
Very rare event (5%) during another event "Heat Wave". About 60% of all trees on map catches fire \o/

And with the event of a cold snap in winter trees will burst into splinters. Getting stuck in anyone nearby ( have the trees be destroyed and create bullets going out with a special tag that makes them be wood splinters) they would get stuck in people limbs and have to be pulled out by a doctor causing severe pain. Possibly pinning the person to the ground when they are hit maybe?

Look up exploding trees, it happens below at below 30-40 Celsius and sounds like gunshots.

jere8184

Quote from: Jimyoda on April 30, 2015, 12:50:41 AM
In the Work screen, add the ability to toggle off/on any job, while preserving the values.

This

Frankenbeasley

I don't know if this is a cheap idea or not, but, now that we have quality control for stockpiles, is there any way that we could toggle trade beacons on and off? I like to hold back my best equipment and apparel for colony use, and only sell it if I fall on hard times. I'd like to be able to exclude my finest wares from the sales without having to delete the stockpile and its settings. That way, when I come to selling, especially after a big raid, I don't have to sit there when the exotic trader comes round trying to sort out keepers from chuckers in the trade menu.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

isistoy

Quote from: Jimyoda on April 30, 2015, 12:50:41 AM
In the Work screen, add the ability to toggle off/on any job, while preserving the values.

Yes, this one in particular is a great, not cheap at all one!
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Havan_IronOak

Add a bit of sub-logic for builders. If they end up having to haul as part of building, allow them to consider hauling a full load to a storage area as part of the task. I find I'm frequently interrupting builders who are headed across the entire map to get 20 or 40 steel when there is an empty stockpile nearby. Bringing back the extra steel certainly takes no more time and is MUCH more efficient.

I understand that some builders are not haulers and perhaps this extra should not apply to them but most of my constructors are haulers as a lesser duty.