Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nabobalis

The ability to change your story teller AI during a game.

chaotix14

Burning paste. Exactly the way you'd imagine. Just some nutrient paste from the dispenser poured over the ground to create a highly flammable trap that can be ignited by anything that will cause fire(molotovs, charge rifles, lightning, nearby fire, etc.) and will quickly spread to adjecent tiles of burning paste.

CyborgTriceratops

I haven't read the previous 20 pages, but here are my suggestions;

Be able to carry rocks from a dumping area into a location, then smooth it down in order to make smooth stone floorings.

Shooting range - Build it far away from residential areas or else noise complaints will be filed, but allow members to increase their shooting abilitiy

Use mountains as walls. I could construct a U shaped building with the top attaching to a mountain and it count as an indoor location.

chaotix14

Quote from: CyborgTriceratops on November 06, 2013, 06:21:57 AM
Use mountains as walls. I could construct a U shaped building with the top attaching to a mountain and it count as an indoor location.

That already is in the game, it will take the mountain wall as the fourth wall of the building, unless you made it too large, then the roofing will collapse and create rubble.

CyborgTriceratops

Quote from: chaotix14 on November 06, 2013, 07:20:55 AM
Quote from: CyborgTriceratops on November 06, 2013, 06:21:57 AM

That already is in the game, it will take the mountain wall as the fourth wall of the building, unless you made it too large, then the roofing will collapse and create rubble.
I tried to do a 3x3 building for prisoners using two sides as a mountain and it said I didn't have a walled in prisoner bed. I then tried using one side as a mountain and I received the same issue.

Lonners

I have no idea if this is in. % chance of slipping up on vomit and sick.

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: CyborgTriceratops on November 06, 2013, 06:21:57 AMBe able to carry rocks from a dumping area into a location, then smooth it down in order to make smooth stone floorings.

That'd be nice; problem is there's no way to make more stone once you've used every boulder on the map for paving bricks. I'd like this idea, though, making nice-looking paving-stone floors out of stone. As it is, your options are ugly and utilitarian, or pretty carpet, which doesn't really belong outdoors, does it? (Though painting the killbox red should help hide the bloodstains!)
Raiders must die!

chaotix14

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 06, 2013, 11:15:25 AM
That'd be nice; problem is there's no way to make more stone once you've used every boulder on the map for paving bricks. I'd like this idea, though, making nice-looking paving-stone floors out of stone. As it is, your options are ugly and utilitarian, or pretty carpet, which doesn't really belong outdoors, does it? (Though painting the killbox red should help hide the bloodstains!)

I think it's safe to assume that more floorings will be coming. Don't fret about it, it's an alpha. I think it's more annoying that we only have the paste or raw food as edibles, both of which are negative towards happiness.(could at least temporarly have set the happyness to 0 for the paste, till there was an alternative)

Darthaidan

Not sure if said but sickness could be an interesting addition. My people slept outside in the rain my first night ever, I thought this should have caused many sicknesses. This would suck for me the player but for higher difficulty this would make a great addition.

mumblemumble

Add the ability to enable / disable rocks / rubble being placed in dumps...Its VERY annoying having a body dump filled up with rocks, since you can't disable someone putting them there, yet. Could also help managing where rocks are placed, too, by prioritizing the back-most dumps first, so you dont end up with people filling in the front of a dump, then climbing over to fill other stuff.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Stormkiko

QuoteAdd the ability to enable / disable rocks / rubble being placed in dumps...Its VERY annoying having a body dump filled up with rocks, since you can't disable someone putting them there, yet.

You can. Click on the dump, (A single one, can't do it en masse) and where the black status window at the bottom left is, there will be an orange tab that says storage. Click on it and it lets you manage what goes in it including all types of corpses, Meals and debris.

QuoteShooting range - Build it far away from residential areas or else noise complaints will be filed, but allow members to increase their shooting ability.

I thought of this last night and was going to post it. My thoughts were more of having it just a target for people to shoot at. (Then you can build your own range). It would require people to be drafted to use, so while they are getting their shooting skill raised you still have to pay attention to them so they don't starve and break down. I think that would be a fair balance and help with raiders.

Also another personal suggestion, Melee weapons. Give to brawlers (or any class like assassins) for an additional boost over those pesky snipers.

Bobthefarmer1

How about booby trapping weapons? Reason being because I have about 200 weapons on cassandra, and it would be more worth the selling cost to a trader, because all you do now is collect weapon, put on equipment rack, profit.

Robitski

A tower that takes a long time to build and costs a lot of metal, but it draws most lightning it it's radius of effect towards it. I'm not sure if it's cheap enough!

Also, sofas and coloured tables and chairs. :3
At least 3.5% more reliable than a garden strimmer.

Irexistus

Cheap ideas.

• New wall segment with built-in light (perhaps weaker than the standing light and drawing less electricity?)
  • Shortcut on the Comms console to assign the colonist with the highest social to it (rather than hunting the colonist down through the overview)

mumblemumble

Quote from: Stormkiko on November 06, 2013, 02:27:52 PM
You can. Click on the dump, (A single one, can't do it en masse) and where the black status window at the bottom left is, there will be an orange tab that says storage.
My bad...

Also, weapons which can be used in melee, or an option to use guns at point blank. Wild animals are very dangerous when they disable you from using the big machine gun once they get up close. I could understand more risks (missing, shooting yourself maybe) but having to be disarmed atop of it seems unfair.  Or maybe use a melee comparison between the 2 combatants stats, to see if someone DOES disarm the other person, to still keep that aspect there.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.