Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARiA1089

if i was to honestly recommend something, world generation editor, its hard getting almost 0 ore spawns on maps and having to making another colony(not sure if this has been mention or nat)
another idea is tools that help with speeds such as pickaxes thats like a x2 mining speed (again not sure if this has been mentioned or not
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

Pax_Empyrean

When I have a zone selected, add the expand and delete zone buttons to the hotbar at the bottom instead of making me go into the order>zones menu to get to them.

ToXeye

A quick fix: Make it so that more things are deconstructible/reinstallable. My main concern is the hydroponics table. *addition* and then there's the turrets, which clearly are tripods that could be reinstalled... some mods have turrets of heavier variety though, so keep that open for the modders.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

Tadzas

I think you should add a:
Fridge: That stores meals,because if you build a kitchen/freezer, and have living room like 30blocks away, people dont bother going to the table, and be mad ,because they ate without table.
Restrain room: If you arrest bersek people, they dont get negative buff for being in prison

ARiA1089

Quote from: Tadzas on July 28, 2016, 02:33:46 PM
I think you should add a:
Fridge: That stores meals,because if you build a kitchen/freezer, and have living room like 30blocks away, people dont bother going to the table, and be mad ,because they ate without table.
Restrain room: If you arrest bersek people, they dont get negative buff for being in prison
i feel your pain, they eat in a freezer and complain they ate without a table

though i did start adding tables to my freezers
──▄▀──────────█──
──▄▀───────────█── Careful Kids, he got raided
─▄▀─█───────────█─
█──▄█────────▄──█─
─▀▀─█──█──█──█▄▀
────█──█──█▀▀
────█──█▄▄█
────█──█
────▀▄▄▀

PAW

Did a search, checked the wiki, don't think this one is up there yet...

Floor tile modifiers (I'll leave the balancing up to you)  :):

Temperature

Tiles are cooler
Carpet is warmer
Wood is neutral

Flammability

Tiles less flammable
Wood is flammable
Carpet is very flammable

Cleanability?

Tiles easy to clean
Wood stains for liquids (blood\vomit)
Carpet gets dirty quickly and is tough to clean.

Blorxben

Hey, i bought this game when it was first released for the pc and i have enjoyed all of the updates since then! Each one has brought me many hours of enjoyable gameplay. But, and im sure you saw the but coming, i wish there was a way to play multiplayer, i know this isnt a "cheap idea" and i commented on this a long time ago and you said that you may think of doing it in the future, by multiplayer i dont want a pvp situation but more of a co-op way to play with friends. IE: you each controll X amount of colonists or you both share controll of colonists, i would like to see this in the future so one of my friends and i could work together building a colony. Thanks! and sorry for it not being a "cheap idea"

SpaceDorf

After seeing how the moisture pump works and the glacial speed it uses .. could we have the fertilizer pump back ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Seanypdesign

From one developer to another, I hope this change is as cheap in practice as it seems in theory  ;)

- Prisoners who are killed during a prison break do not give colonists the "Innocent prisoner died" mood penalty. The idea here being that these prisoners were most likely killed in self defense, or at the very least, that the prisoners are not seen as "innocent" as they ravage your town and kill your colonists.

Of course, it may have been your intent that if prisoners are killed, for whatever reason, that it will create a mood penalty simply for witnessing the loss of life. Obviously, if this is the case, feel free to completely ignore this suggestion!

Loving the game, only discovered it recently (and thank goodness for that, because it's been my obsession while not working on my own game since I found it). Keep up the great work!

Boss

Pirate (Masquerading as) Traders

Not sure how "cheap" this idea is.

So what if you had a group of pirates entering your colony, with an intention to trade, but upon talking to them they will instead attack you or kidnap your colonist.

I think this will add a twist to the normally unthreatening trading. By right, if you're alone in a new world, every new stranger that comes knocking on your door needs to be handled with caution. Hence, way more preparation should be made in anticipation of "trades".

Come to think of it, there would be many minor issues that needs to be fixed, i.e they shouldn't wait for long then attack, their names should be from a different area (not pirate base) and relationships might disable attack etc.

8)

Pax_Empyrean

Yeah, that's not really what this thread is for. The idea is to suggest little things that are really easy to implement. Basically we're suggesting things that would be an efficient use of the developer's time instead of suggesting huge impractical changes.

For example: winning a fight should give happy thoughts, and when a hated person gets beat up, it should give happy thoughts. Now that Staggeringly Ugly, Abrasive, Creepy Breathing guy with no useful skills to speak of is worth keeping around just as a whipping boy for the colony to beat up on.

Havan_IronOak

1) I've gotta believe that making more things relocateable would be pretty cheap. The mechanic is already in-game. It should be extended to production benches as well.

2) Now that gathering areas have been implemented( party area & wedding spot) how about a traders spot?

It's realistic in that historically many cities had areas especially designated for foreign traders. Plus it would make it easier to keep them out of kill-zones.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: thuban on July 24, 2016, 03:34:27 PM
A "funny" trait, to help thoes poor ugly guys not to be rejected.

Not sure why but I love this idea!
-- ugly guy --

MyrddinE

Make the hotkey reminder for number keys readable. N1, not NumberKey1 or whatever the text is now.

skinicism

Okay! I've got an idea that the game could use more jade spectres and

and steel spectres... kind of the energy forms left over from mining steel

and jade (sort of like chi). It's thought not to be understood by scientists

and is left being understand more in Mass Effect terms.