Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pax_Empyrean

Setting aside how mining producing ghosts is a really stupid idea, this thread is not for suggestions that take much work to implement.

It's for things like this: "Characters that mine a precious resource get a small mood bonus from doing so."

SpaceDorf

Just a thought on the Topic of Traits and Good Thoughts I had while watching my Trigger Happy Guy go hunting with his nice SMG.

This Dude should be happy as a pig in the mud .. but no he is not.

So the Brawler Trait allready gives a negative thought when equipped with a Ranged Weapon.
Trigger Happy should do this also when equipped a Melee Weapon.

On top of this Both Traits should give a small Bonus when equipped with the right weapon. ( similiar to above and prostophobe / prostophile )
And maybe some stacking boosts when used ( similiar to green thumb ) or increasing boosts with bigger / better quality weapons ( as in cloth )

Because they still would use their fav. Weapons when they break down. ( or seek out the BFG )

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

sgallaty

1) Tiles under 'thick roofs (rooves?) should provide a constant temperature offset.  Essentially a thermal source gently radiating 62 degrees F.

2) All forges, smelters etc. should radiate a moderate amount of heat.  If built under thick roofs they should radiate an extreme amount of heat (no exhaust to outside)

3) wood fired smelter that melts down weapons and slag. 

4) structures should have a damage threshhold.  prisoners (and animals) should not be chewing and punching their way through steel.

5) warden skill has a chance to impart 'spirit broken' to prisoners which prevents them from acting up, if the warden interacts with them when they are disabled. 

6) new item, shackles.  disables prisoner.  causes mood.

SpaceDorf

This one concerns crafting and should be an easy one :

The Job description in the Bill should entail which work priority is used by the job. ( Smith, Tailor, Craft )
Some jobs are obvious, but some not so much.

Also Dear Modders, you should do this as a courtesy, it is even harder to guess from some brand new workbenches what actuall work priority the jobs use.

Mikeboy

So I've always thought RimWorld could do with greater variety than the colonist-tribe duality, given that in its lore there's a huge spread of technological advancement, and it occurred to me while playing with the scenario editor that it would be relatively easy to add a medieval factiontype, as most of the stuff it would use is largely already in the game.

The items (bar perhaps armour, though that's not essential) are already in:
Steel gladius, longsword, mace and knife.
Greatbows and shortbows.
Clothes made out of animal leather and wool.

The technologies:
Carpetmaking, Brewing, Smithing, Complex clothing, and Stonecutting

And the character backstories (which already include many explicit mentions of medieval societies):
House servant, Torturer, Blacksmith, Ranch owner, Pit brawler, Courtesean, Sailor, Assassin, Jailbird, Taster, Message carrier , Sculptor, Medieval farm oaf, Medieval lord, Medieval minstrel, Medieval doctor.

keylocke

use communications console to call friendly factions and request a trade caravan in exchange for silver.

sgallaty

Quote from: Mikeboy on July 31, 2016, 05:15:21 PM
So I've always thought RimWorld could do with greater variety than the colonist-tribe duality, given that in its lore there's a huge spread of technological advancement, and it occurred to me while playing with the scenario editor that it would be relatively easy to add a medieval factiontype, as most of the stuff it would use is largely already in the game.

The items (bar perhaps armour, though that's not essential) are already in:
Steel gladius, longsword, mace and knife.
Greatbows and shortbows.
Clothes made out of animal leather and wool.

The technologies:
Carpetmaking, Brewing, Smithing, Complex clothing, and Stonecutting

And the character backstories (which already include many explicit mentions of medieval societies):
House servant, Torturer, Blacksmith, Ranch owner, Pit brawler, Courtesean, Sailor, Assassin, Jailbird, Taster, Message carrier , Sculptor, Medieval farm oaf, Medieval lord, Medieval minstrel, Medieval doctor.

This has already been modded in, and I am currently playing a medieval (iron age) game.  I utilize captured weapons on manual turrets only, and my soldiers equip molotovs but not grenades.  I have a captured artillery but no way to build them myself.

I use :

Medieval Shields  (melee shields that use melee skill)
Selling prisoners w/no guilt.
Medieval Times
Modular Tables
Misc training (for training dummies)
Expanded Prosthetics (for crude prosthetics)
Prisoner Harvesting
NoMoreLazyPawns
Stonecutting Tweak
Misc Objects (for turret weapon base)
MilderWaves (so that heatwaves don't kill my whole colony)

So far so good.  It's going about how you would expect.

Pax_Empyrean

Doors that open or close depending on a switch or toggle, rather than with movement through the square. I want a way to temporarily block off individual rooms without having to mess with zones to do it. They'd also be useful for protecting military assets like turrets, melee units, or shorter ranged missile units from longer ranged fire until the enemy has moved into a more favorable engagement range.

Solosite

There is lots of weapons that you can equip to help your Warriors out now add tools that help your workers out.  Equiping mining pick increases mining speed, scythe/hoe for farming etc.

SpaceDorf

short easy Suggestions :

1.) give all lamps a lightradius on construction like the sunlamp has, this would make placing easier

2.) add a misc or furniture item that allows us to place notes on the map and shows the notes in the lower left when activated

3.) place a thermometer on the hud that displays outdoors temperature

SteelRodent

Quote from: Spike on October 09, 2013, 12:40:02 AM
* Outdoor Walls - Simple barrier that does not conduct power, nor is a load-bearing structure.  Enclosed areas will not be roofed over.
* Window - (Either two versions as Outdoor/Indoor, or separate item like a door).

+1 to these.

Outdoor walls (or fences/perimeter walls), alternatively as a spiked barrier WW1 style, seems like it would be a far more basic defensive structure than sandbags (which aren't really sandbags since they waste steel instead of using dirt/sand). Would work similar to the sandbags, but not be passable. Fences were honestly one of the very first things I looked for when I started playing. Just makes sense that they would be a thing.

Windows, also a very basic item that's missing, though it's take a lot more work to implement.

Dreggy

Since there are eclipses which happens almost frequently and randomly it means that a moon around the planet has unstable orbit and can cause tidal waves making areas around the map to flood from a nearby sea. The area is affected less if the colonist ended up falling far away from the sea (high elevation). Floods should be the same as having a shallow sea meaning that colonists can walk in that area but if it's in contact with electrical stuff it can either electrocute the colonist or end up causing short circuits and fires. The smaller the water puddles from floods are the higher the electrical severity. This problem can be encountered by constructing moisture pumps.

Luxiam

Solar spike/flash: an intense spike in the sun causes all solar power generators to take a heavy hit and catch on fire. Any electric device attached to the generators also take low amount of damage.

This can cause great damage to solar powered colonies. you could even go so far as having the game roll a dice on how bright/strong the spike/flash is to increase or decrease the amount of damage and chance of fire.

Franklin

I'd love some bulk-management buttons and further clarification in the Work tab. Setting everyone up with manual priorities can be slow, so buttons like 'Prioritize Passions' or 'Copy/Paste Priorities' could speed it up.

And with the auto-priority setting, I'd love to see what those green checkmarks actually mean. Like show me what priorities the system gave each task so if it looks good I know I can trust and leave it.

Franklin

Also: nocturnal and crepuscular animals. It's hilariously goofy seeing every single living thing asleep at night right now. You'd think this would be an easy switch, changing specific animal types to different sleep triggers.

It would be interesting if colonists could suffer from insomnia, etc, too.