Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindyj

The Bill option at work benches "Do Until you have X With at least Y Quality"

So when someone makes an item with an undesirable quality it doesn't count towards the Total for that bill.

O Negative

Quote from: Kindyj on September 01, 2016, 02:30:12 PM
The Bill option at work benches "Do Until you have X With at least Y Quality"

So when someone makes an item with an undesirable quality it doesn't count towards the Total for that bill.

+1

MerlosTheMad

How about simulated body heat in very small, enclosed rooms overnight? I got the idea when looking at my animal shed, packed full of about ten cows and a dozen yorkies. It's a small shed for that many animals and I feel like it'd be toasty in there after a little while. I've lived in subzero areas before without heat after our genny would go down, so it'd be a neat feature for some arctic playthroughs during power outages.

Nut to butt everybody and get warm!

Generalkrunk

Cloning!

Basically after a tech is researched (very late in the game) you gain the ability to make a "Cloning tank" (Basically Just a cryopod renamed "cloning tank") that after say a year spawns a copy of the selected pawn that already exists, in the pod in cryosleep. The "new" pawn could have lowered stats and age but the same traits and passions as the original pawn.

Unless i'm super wrong all this would require is spawning a pawn in a cryopod. Which already happens in game. Idk how hard it would be to make it a specific pawn, if that is to hard it could just be a random pawn that's part of your colony as soon as they wake up.

This would give people the ability to create colonists without having to capture and recruit or have wanderers join.

In my headcannon atm there are no children in Rimworld because cryosleep sterilizes people, so cloning would be their only option to reproduce. That's where the idea came from. 
Everything burns.

baegle

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25317.0 All credit for this goes to tommiethegun.

Add a new zone type that removes the squares from the pathfinding algorithm for your colonists. It's like forbidding a door in zone form.

baegle

Drop the character trait that makes someone incapable of firefighting. Even pyromaniancs. I don't see anything it adds to the game at all and really only detracts from it in a large minority of cases.

rollo

Add 3 more orders Clean/Allow/Disallow, also right click menu option for pawn to clean room.

skinicism

Here's an idea... solar communication scramblers. It's not as if Rimworld isn't based upon the idea of dying races among the stars being commonplace. Even so, I think it would be nifty to see more solar communication scramblers to counter the ability of other factions to lay claim to patents, trademarks and copyrights of advanced solar civilizations. I mean, the game pretty much screams Miner Wars 2081.

newcadence

Make Chocolate melt.
So your pawns may feel real loss.

FMK

Rich Explorer start tweak: Take away 10-20 Glitterworld Medicine, add 5-10 Luciferium.

This would make it so if you're unlucky and your starter gets infected early on, you're not just "game over, dead" at the cost of needing to get Luci at any chance you get. Would also still stick to the theme of being from a Glitterworld.

Generalkrunk

Quote from: newcadence on September 02, 2016, 08:34:01 PM
Make Chocolate melt.
So your pawns may feel real loss.

The game is cruel, but that's a step too far.
Everything burns.

buttflexspireling

Lepretaurs, as a combination of a leprechaun and a centaur, and Centricorns, as a combination of centaurs and unicorns, are my ideas.
I figure that they could turn actors who work out at mines into a legitimate profession. Owners of mine exercising establishments (I suspect) could open up business as usual while providing betting contests on mining while working out... sort of like that movie Zoolander.

mumblemumble

A button to manually rewire where items draw power from. Its a pain to try to attach a turret to a switch.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Sakiel

Open/close switches on vents.

blub01

normal start, but all your colonists are addicted to luciferium as a scenario. you'd obviously start with some, too, though.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.