Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buttflexspireling

Blood type modifiers seem to have been suggested already. Also, I think there's been some brief mention about certain types predisposing one to weight gain, joint decay and mood swings. I'm not sure whether Rimworld is even ready for this sort of thing though... 

Thunder Rahja

More stockpile flags: Allow/disallow hauling items to stockpile, allow/disallow hauling items from a stockpile, allow/disallow colonists interacting with items in a stockpile (i.e. forbid all including newly added items). This would make for less tedious stockpile management when you have multiple locations or you want to store something (i.e. insect jelly, chocolate) without colonists using them right away.

Boba Phat

If you have an AI core, you can "promise cake" to a colonist which will give a temporary mood buff which will eventually wear off and give an even worse mood debuff when the colonist realizes the cake is a lie.  A way to sort of borrow against mood tomorrow to deal with a critical mood problem today.

blub01

Quote from: Boba Phat on September 08, 2016, 07:36:32 PM
If you have an AI core, you can "promise cake" to a colonist which will give a temporary mood buff which will eventually wear off and give an even worse mood debuff when the colonist realizes the cake is a lie.  A way to sort of borrow against mood tomorrow to deal with a critical mood problem today.

that. that is an awesome reference right there.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

RunningTree

Cheap idea: Charpai
A bed or daybed from the Indian subcontinent region. It has four legs, and a woven top (think a hammock stretched tight over a bedframe).

Potential uses/effects in game:
* Needs fewer resources than a bed
* Is an upgrade from Sleeping Spot
* Slightly decrease the ambient temperature for a sleeping colonist only (does not cool the room). This might be enough to avoid "Slept in Heat" thought in mild circumstances
* Might be usable as a lounge for Relaxing Socially; gaining a very small amount of Rest on top of some Comfort

MerlosTheMad

Here's a couple easy changes that would benefit the game's immersion.

Cargo Pod change: Instead of every drop always simply being the same item in every pod... how about some of the drops have variance to them. Make them half corn and have eye patches, instead of just 9 eye patches I have to deal with. : P

A fallen tree model. When trees get damaged in a firefight rather than disappearing  or turning into logs, how about they tip over and become deadwood/a trunk? It'd make the map look a little more interesting to look at too when zoomed out.

Better technology blurbs in the research menu: this might be mostly the mod technologies, but some of them I've noticed don't list what exactly they unlock.

MikeLemmer

Remove the "Your negotiator cannot talk properly because of poor health" warning if your negotiator has a Denture. My best Social colonist has the highest price modifier even with the Denture, but that warning pops up regardless every time I trade.

Feyda

Firing platforms that can be attached to walls.  I already tend to build "castle" like settlements with a full perimeter wall, it would be nice if we could build walls that our colonists could fire down from.  I guess the main problem is once you have your "castle" built it could trivialize manhunter packs and all melee sieges.  I guess as a "counter" to this strat you could make enemies be able to fashion scaling ladders :P and have manhunter packs go berserk when shot and try to batter down walls and doors to get to inaccessible targets.

shaw357

Custom World Editing

I want to make a map that looks like the world from Avatar the Last Airbender, and have the different biomes be appropriate to their respective nations

shaw357

Amplify damage done to downed enemies at point blank range by 5x. It shouldn't take someone 8 hours to kill a downed mech when they're standing right next to it, or an hour to blow the head off of a downed deer when the barrel is pressed against it's cheek.

Thunder Rahja

Prevent colonists from attempting to clear snow while it is snowing. Otherwise they just keep clearing the snow as it falls and never get around to cleaning inside buildings.

@shaw357: You can quickly kill a mechanoid by adding a "shut down" operation via the mechanoid's health tab after it has been incapacitated. You can also harvest a scyther's blades before killing it. An incapacitated mechanoid is not going to get back up once it's been downed, so there is no hurry to finish it off.

jhrrsn

It's been said before I believe, but vents which can be toggled open or closed (the same way as electronics can be) would be a great quality-of-life improvement!

MikeLemmer

I want an option to Rescue colonists suffering a mental break who collapse from exhaustion. I had a dazed wanderer fall asleep in the snow, but the only way I could get him to a bed was by capturing him.

Also, fix colonists collapsing from exhaustion while Hiding in their Room. They shouldn't collapse on the floor 2 tiles away from their bed.

Trenix

Colonists should be forced to move away from thrown grenades without us having to micromanage it.

Boba Phat

I'd like a way to select things underneath multi-square objects.  For instance, if you build a two-square production table of some kind over top of power conduits and subsequently want to deconstruct the power conduits, there is no way of accessing the power conduit in the square B.  If you select that square, then press the "next object" button, it will select square A.

---<A><B>---