Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picollo

Why even care? Ppl playiung permadeath just chose to not have alt saves. If they cheat, they cheat themselves. There is no online ranking or something. THey cheat? THeir business.

DariusWolfe

Honestly, the fix for the current Permadeath is to allow for more intervals for the auto-save. Every 5 minutes, for example, would allow you to Alt-F4 and undo basically one thing, but probably not undo the entire situation that lead to it. Alternately, setting it to never auto-save would mean you'd have to revert back to your last hard save, which could have been days or more of playtime. That would allow Permadeath to be used as the player chooses; A lot of people want permadeath as a way to supplement their willpower when bad things happen, which is, I think, the default assumption about Ironman/Permadeath options.

Personally, I use permadeath to simplify save game management. I have the default interval of every day, so if something happens that I don't want to deal with, I have to consider whether or not it's worth losing up to potentially a full-day's play. Sometimes it's not worth it, often it is.

MikeLemmer

I'll suggest a new trait:

Bipolar: When (NAME) is happy, he's really happy. When (NAME) is sad... watch out.
-Movement & workspeed buff if Mood is above X.
-Doubles effect of all mood modifiers, positive and negative.

Letast

Comfort

- Copying existing Zones (if you want to change a single room for a few Pets/pawn without creating the whole zone again)
- grouping your pawns with [Strg]+ [1]-[9] ( for selecting fighter/non-fighter or sniper/mingiuns/melee guys etc without selecting them every time from hand)
- Order to remove items from the storage (bring the item to the border of the homezone, for rotten animals/dead insects etc you just wanna get rid off)
- Options for animals that should transport stuff but should not following the pawn into fights (they get more often killed by FF than by the enemy itself)
- Formations (order your pawn to keep formation or use singleline/doubleline Formation to avoid friendly fire.
- Make thrown grenads lighter to see (so you can move your pawn out of the danger zone)
- show Mortar/Autogun reach before/while placing(replacing) them
- Item prioritization for carrier. (like first weapons-> raw Food-> Meals -> rawstones ->etc)

Traits

- No Pain no Gain  -10% pain
- whimp         -  +10% pain
- bisexual       -  romance with both gender
- strong          -  can carry bigger stacks
- weak            -  can carry smaller stacks
- hungry          - need more food
- economical    - need lesser food
- TV junky       - buff when viewed TV in the last 24 Hours/debuff if doesnt viewed TV in  the last 24h (better TV better buff)
- Artist            - Buff in Rooms with sculpts /debuff in rooms without sculpturs

Misc

- Raider with bionic Bodyparts to "harvest".
- Single field blight

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Letast on September 26, 2016, 08:43:33 AM
- Single field blight

I disagree, that would just encourage making lots of small fields instead of just one giant one, even if they cover the same area. I would rather have single-crop blight to encourage diversity in what you plant.

Letast

Quote from: MikeLemmer on September 26, 2016, 02:22:51 PM
Quote from: Letast on September 26, 2016, 08:43:33 AM
- Single field blight

I disagree, that would just encourage making lots of small fields instead of just one giant one, even if they cover the same area. I would rather have single-crop blight to encourage diversity in what you plant.

Good point

also another one to add

- powercords that can cross each other without connecting(like a bridge) so it is easier to have seperate power nets.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: blub01 on September 25, 2016, 04:50:38 AM
Quote from: Kewkky on September 24, 2016, 07:35:40 PM
So I know that the perma-death game type saves whenever you quit, but that leaves the game mode prone to abuse by people just alt+f4'ing out of the game whenever something bad happens. How about keeping the "save upon quit" mode, but changing it so that once you load it, it also deletes the save file? It won't stop people from making copies of the save file and putting it into another folder, but it'll definitely lower the amount of people abusing the system as well as keep it feeling as a real perma-death mode. If a player's batteries die or they lose electricity, so be it. They chose perma-death mode knowing what the consequences could be.

that would delete the save should the game crash. bad idea. maybe just do very frequent autosaves.

I suggested Time Based Autosaves  multiple Times now. It does have nothing to do with cheating or not if someone does have to "savescum" ( i hate this word ) even on hardcore, because I think it is a part of the connection to the colony and the pawns if you don't want to let somebody die or think the fate that happened was undeserved.

But Time Based Autosaves are pretty convinient if you pause and plan for hours at a time and then shit happens the moment you unpause, be it a system crash or invasion of the mole people.
And your last save is two ingame days old. I think it should be possible to have Time Based Autosaves just to sooth our nerves.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serenity

Probably been mentioned before: but please, please a "hold fire" button for drafted colonists

Just lost a left lung to friendly fire. She already lost her nose, an arm and a leg. At this rate she will be all artificial soon

mumblemumble

Event : clumbsy fall.

Colonist falls down and gets a random injury, either a cracked bone, bruise, or laceration.

Is more likely when consciousness is low / movement is low. Especially risky when colonists are drunk or high. Risk of damaging anything they are carrying when it happens. Can also happen in dirty rooms, low movement areas (water, sand) or when hit

Vomiting being able to hit, and effect other colonists, pets, electronics, ect. Would be funny to see someone hate someone because they got puked on.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

nccvoyager

Vegan meat alternatives.
Specifically, soy may be a good fit.
Medium-length growth, though it must be refined before it can be used in cooking.

SKD_Dudu

I don't know if someone suggested, well, if we kill many enemies in a raid, the rest of the survivors tend to escape, but ... if some of them just surrender instead of flee. this would be interesting.

The combat needs to be more tactical, even in intense or extreme the enemies are too predictable.
Dimitri Rascalov: "You know, if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that we must obey the rules of the game. We can pick the game, Niko Bellic. But we cannot change the rules."

SpaceDorf

Another one :

sorting options for the Research Tab. Since there are more and more Vanilla Research Projects ( not to talk about mods ) finding and selecting the research topic I want gets more and more difficult.
Also through the change in multiplier the research is sometimes sorted different with Industrials than with Tribals.

So either change it completely to Alphabetical display instead of Research cost or better yet, make a small sorting option.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

FosterPatch

Yes/No prompt when someone wants to join your colony so you can reject or accept them.

This is a very cheap idea considering the amount of time necessary (Add a condition to the event where a colonist joins you so that before the event occurs, a prompt is brought up, yes to continue event, no to end event)

I'm sure this has already been suggested, but I think it is an important addition needed.

i.e. I have a colony and don't want/ can't handle any more people right now, and I get a random wanderer who joins and have to deal with negative modifiers for something I didn't want in the first place

grap3_

alt+f4 auto-save work-arounds

suggestion:
auto-save at key events such as a colonist's death; or disaster event such as raid, infestation etc..   maybe this could be a setting to enable or enabled by default for permedeath gameplay.

Dreams_Of_Cheese

Let me rebind my middle mouse button. If I could pan the camera with the right mouse instead I would be so happy.