Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cina901

Textile reusability: What happens when a colonist wears a 49% or below gear? he gets the tattered apparel thought. Solution: tailor some new clothes. From mid to late game however you end up with so many tattered clothes that you dont even worry anymore about selling them. You just burn em. I say you get to scrap them and gain a small amount of "textile" (not necessarily the original one and maybe even damaged), that summed up with other scrapped textile gives you the chance to retailor them in a new clothing piece.

Spirituality: Even though already in the game under the form of "praying" or "meditating", I imagine a future form of Rimworld in which religious colonists (religious being a new trait) gather around specific items (trees, animals, art pieces, clothing pieces or new "spiritual items" yet to introduce) and gain mood buffs (or debuffs) after interacting with them. I think of it as the marriage mechanic used in the current version: moderate mood boost in dealing once in a while with the sacred item, huge mood loss if somehow this item is lost/sold/stolen/destroyed. The religious colonist can designate a new sacred item to worship, or follow worshiping an already existing one. He gets a mood boost in recognizing others worshiping the item, a mood loss if other religious colonists abandon worshiping or die as religious affiliates.

Thoughts mediated by colony wealth: Wow: just shipwrecked on this abandoned and unknown rimworld, I have no idea of what i'm going to do to survive, i know nothing about these other two people crashed here with me, it's snowing, i'm freezing, there's a bear just behind that tree and i'm vomiting my interiors out. We really need to build ourselves a shelter. Here we go, this will do. NOPE. HATE IT: i'm not spending the night in a shared, cramped and dirty environment like this one. mh mh no sir. I'm going out on a daze guys see you when im collapsed on the ground starving to death while the colony is razed by a party of space pirates.
Colonists thoughts should be mediated by colony wealth and overall beauty: the more those elements rise, the more a colonist is legitimized to have more superficial and not-immediately-survival-related thoughts. Maybe introduce new negative thoughts for the beginning of the game, such as "miss my past life" or "miss my family", but ..repulsive bedroom, ugly environment, slept outside, in darkness.. You shoud be glad you're alive! Only once a colonist realizes that they are actually doing well (food, medicine, industry..) he should start complaining about his personal bedroom or the quality of his rec room. I believe it would just feel more real.

Karbissal

star trek phasers, to stun or kill raiders

Karbissal

rivers in the map, and bridges , and fishing, and a game mod in the middle of ocean fishing, surviving from dangerous marine creatures, descovering mysterious islands. im brzilian, my english is not good, for real even my portuguese is poor

Maligner

Simple toggle to allow a primary colonist that represents we, the story driven character.

The obvious reason would be to differentiate between others we control but respond through moods etc. and ourselves that perhaps have  a bonus against negatives to represent our true will. The reasons for this would be many, but a simple example could be shown in a scenario. I set up as the single survivor that represents myself. As members come, I can decide to enslave them, enlist them, or pick those I trust or distrust and treat them accordingly. I can roleplay this with the current game, but there is no difference in controls or responses  now. For instance, I could choose to murder someone but the pawn I choose to represent me might very well go insane. Since I plotted the murder, this is unlikely. Certainly perhaps some negative emotions but I should have a buffer to represent my chosen pawn's acceptance of MY decisions when I roleplay in this way.

Thanks for a great game!

SF4iQue

We need a food policy!!!
For example:
1) It would be great if we could force сolonists who are not assigned to fieldwork to find a goddamn table...
2) And for others to carry some snacks with them, just in case (like a drug policy)
3) And ofcourse what kind of meals colonist can eat (i want to keep my lavish meals for staggeringly ugly, depressive gay fella)  ;D

AND!
Dissallow wearing Dead man's apparel [A16]
I was surpirsed you've added the "dead man's" feature but no policy for dissallowing it, i hope at least it would make to stable version  :-\

cat2002

Close game button on the mod menu.

Zimmaster7

Being able to selecting the color of stockpiles/dump zones and planting zones for visual organization.

cina901

Being able to see the original faction of a colonist after recruiting/finding him and the day in which he was converted

Anomaly

Cripple:  A combat option that opens if the colonist has high enough skill in shooting or melee.  Injuries will fall primarily on limbs to incapacitate enemies.

Subdue: Higher level melee option that directs the colonist to attempt to disarm and choke out an enemy.

Private rooms: Set and colonists will no longer enter any room with a private bed unless their own bed is in the room. Colonists will clean their own rooms upon waking.   

Recluse:  Colonist likes to be alone. Buff when alone. Penalty when in crowds. Will try to spend free time alone.
Social butterfly:  Opposite of recluse.

Specific Health icons over character portraits:  Blood drops to show bleeding, bandage to show treated and so on. 

Right click portrait to direct a doctor to tend to a patient:  Because its difficult to get the right person in a full/busy hospital.

[A16] Small wild animals do not freeze to death:  At least not usually; They retreat to some sort of den to hibernate.  They could just disappear for the season. (quick burrowing animation?)

Suvivors who are naked, wounded and alone ask to join colony by default rather than need to be captured:  Because they would.

dv

Now, when you force a pawn to clean, it cleans several tiles in the area. That's cool.

If you force a pawn to mine or construct, it only does the specific tile you clicked on, rather than any adjacent tiles designated for mining or construction.

Personally, I think the pawn should attempt to priority mine between 3-4 adjacent tiles of the same type if they're designated for mining. Construction should work similarly - 3-4 adjacent tiles of construction if they're the same blueprint type. (So, a section of wall, etc.)

IMHO.

Karbissal

make prisioners work for us as slaves

aper

I've only put like 12-15 hours in A16 so far, but here are some thoughts:

Caravans
When creating a new caravan allow the player to temporarily store its setup, because everytime I close the window to check something little, I have then to choose my inventory ALL OVER again, and it's just tedious

It would also be nice if this temporary setup can then be used to measure the est. travel time on the world map - as in: if I were to exit the map with this caravan setup how long would it take for it to reach point B. because right now I have no idea how much food I need to take, or how much will the slowpoke guy, who's also my best soldier, slow the whole thing down if I chose to include him

Deep Drilling

That's something that's bugging me since A15. Deep mining is WAY overpowered. Plasteel used to be expensive because it was hard to come by, but since deep mining was included in vanilla I've been pumping it like common steel, and you don't even have to produce anything from it, just trading plasteel like a raw resource will bring you mad cash in no time.
I understand deep drilling was introduced as a way to resolve the late-game issue of running out of resources on the map, but with A16 that problem no longer exists, right.

Planet view
that gray area that's left when generating 30% or 50% of the planet is quite ugly, couldn't you make it at least look like an ocean?

Thyme

I'll repost some ideas from the comment section of the A16 release, just in case:

+tiny colonies. like those temporary 100x100 maps for manhunter caravans
+axial tilt of our planets, so that we could live on a planet similar to uranus
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Rock5

Quote from: cat2002 on December 22, 2016, 02:35:56 AM
Close game button on the mod menu.

+1

And/Or a restart button.

Always seemed pointless reloading the mods after exiting the mod menu when you intend to restart anyway. It's just a waste of time.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Rock5

I sometimes play with "Run in background" enabled. Mainly because when something is taking too long, such as loading a save, I like to switch over to something else while I wait while it continues in the background.

One thing I don't like ,though, is if I pause the game and minimize it to do something else, I can still hear the sounds from the game.

Could we have the sounds mute when the game is not the active window? Does that seem reasonable?
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport