Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neotic

More factions on the world.
In game bug report tool.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

zyklame

Make fertile eggs ruined by temperature unfertilized so they ca get hauled to the stockpile

LutherX

I see a toggle for stockpiles allowing 'non-dead man's clothes' has been added, which is useful. How about a toggle for the opposite, allowing 'dead man's clothes'?  Would make an easier way to separate clothes that give a mood debuff from clothes that don't.

Also, when using the storage sliders for % of health and shoddy-legendary, having an and/or switch would be useful.  I try to keep a trade stock zone for things that are below 51% health, or are below normal quality,  but I have to split those into separate zones because items need to satisfy both criteria instead of one or the other.  Since the above toggle has been added, clothes that were previously worn by a corpse would also be sent to the trade stock.

NeverPire

I have already post these ideas in a other topic but without any answer from Ludeon members, I prefer repost them here with some improvements.

Is it possible to get the pregnant time of the animal specie in the animal information ?
(I'm sure the megasloth pregnant time is more than the rat one).
Less required but usefull would be the time from growing from baby to juvenile and from juvenile to adult.
I know it takes a lot of place but just write like this at least :
Pregnant/baby/juvenile time : ...days/...days /...days

Are there any priority provided in crafts between the different benchs ?
It would be very usefull.

Still about crafting, is it possible to enable an option to directly make some crafting items prohibited for settlers directly after being crafted.
I think overall about alpaca and thrumbo wool clothes that I create with a specific task and that I would like to only sell and never wear.
It would work too if you enable a choice of material in the outfit configuration.

Could you create an error message when a hunter wear a EMP grenade ?
And an other one when a telescope is under a roof (it's funny to see colonists look carefully the roof through a telescope but not really logic).

Could you create a tree forbidden area designation or a tool to cut all the tree of a zone, even the youngest ones ?

Could you let the player name animals himself ?

Does it bring too much complications to let wild animals breeding ?

Let the possibility to calm some mental breaks  (with a very low success percentage) and a boost on the social skill of the colonist who succeed.

And a last idea about caravan.
It would be great if the animals and the human regroup in a place before loading and don't follow stupidly the caravan leader.
(my caravan leader bring back a coaf and all the already brought back coaf follow exactly the same path and therefore all the caravan must wait).

I hope it would be usefull for you. Have a nice day.

Sorry if I do some grammar errors, I do my best and sorry if I repeat some already proposed ideas.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

DariusWolfe

Just a "ProTip" but you shouldn't ever expect an answer from Ludeon; If you get one, it's most likely a lottery pick rather than anything serious. Tynan doesn't reply to most suggestions, even when he takes them, that I've noticed.

You'll know if they liked a suggestion if you see it added to the game in a later update.

NeverPire

Ok, nice to know.
I just presume that the chance that my post will be seen is higher in this topic than lost in the middle of the hundreds a day other ones.
I understand that managing such a game must be terribly tired and take a lot of time.
I respect Tynan and his collaborators for that, and that's why I try to help as I can ^^.

srtravis

Can you add a feature to re-order the colonists in the work menu? As my colony grows the colonist have specific jobs and I would like to move them so my growers are next to each other, cooks are next to each other, crafters are next to each other, etc. etc. This will help me better manage work priorities in larger colonies where it is starting to get a little outside what I can plan in my head.

14m1337

Quote from: srtravis on January 01, 2017, 05:53:49 PM
Can you add a feature to re-order the colonists in the work menu? As my colony grows the colonist have specific jobs and I would like to move them so my growers are next to each other, cooks are next to each other, crafters are next to each other, etc. etc. This will help me better manage work priorities in larger colonies where it is starting to get a little outside what I can plan in my head.

did you ever have a look at fluffy's work tab mod ?
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

MikeLemmer

I'd like a Fire Into Melee toggle for my colonists, similar to the current Allow Firing toggle. If it's off, colonists won't fire at an enemy adjacent to other colonists. I'm tired of my colonists shooting each other because their previous target left their LoS and the next "best" target is in a knifefight 3 tiles away.

newboerg

Low Tech Armor. We have swords and Clubs but our Colonists have no protection except kevlar body armor?
Add some simple melee armor. very cheap to implement

NeverPire

Real nice idea, in wood perhaps, but slow the movement a lot.

14m1337

Quote from: NeverPire on January 02, 2017, 11:33:08 AM
Real nice idea, in wood perhaps, but slow the movement a lot.

not necessarily. a big cape that flows through the air while it's attached to a pawn could lower the hit chance of arrows by 75%. this is at least what they did in japan some years ago.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

cfallonart

Herding:
Allow a mid-high level handler to herd a group of tamed animals.
I imagine this works by either the pawn going up to a each animal and then the animals follow him, reverse for staying put. Or a separate herding zone you can set which the pawn will bring the animals to. Would also be nice synergy with fences.

I would love have a reason to tame a herd of boomalope, herd them over to a crashed mechanoid ship, and blow the thing up.

Yorutoboe

I would like to see some Tranquilizing methods. . . Like Stun Gun to prison breaks or Tranq darts to use on Animals to Capture them and sell without the Tamming method like when you sell prisoners

Thyme

you could simply set a zone for those tamed Boomalopes
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak