Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightzy

Another super cheap one:
Allow reroll of random town/faction name when it comes up

hwfanatic

NeverPire

Quote from: swizard on January 19, 2017, 08:51:09 AM
A creature that steals and moves items to their lair.
Why not a lair situated outside of the colony map on a near tile of the world map ?
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

OFWG

Automatically reschedule surgeries that a doctor fails if the required materials are still at hand.

When your doctor sucks, having to manually reschedule peg leg installation over and over and over and over and ... is just tedium that adds nothing to the game.
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

NeverPire

Quote from: OFWG on January 19, 2017, 12:51:23 PM
Automatically reschedule surgeries that a doctor fails if the required materials are still at hand.

When your doctor sucks, having to manually reschedule peg leg installation over and over and over and over and ... is just tedium that adds nothing to the game.
I would like just to remind that each time a surgery fail, the patient is injured, so if you continue to operate without waiting, you have a higher risk to permanently injured or outright kill it.
I'm just a forum user, but in my opinion this modification would be a bad idea.

OFWG

Quote from: NeverPire on January 19, 2017, 01:23:01 PM
I would like just to remind that each time a surgery fail, the patient is injured, so if you continue to operate without waiting, you have a higher risk to permanently injured or outright kill it.

You're right, but I can just reload if I care about that. If I schedule a surgery, I always (100% of the time!) want and usually NEED the surgery to be completed.
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."

Lightzy

Quote from: OFWG on January 19, 2017, 03:55:41 PM
Quote from: NeverPire on January 19, 2017, 01:23:01 PM

You're right, but I can just reload if I care about that. If I schedule a surgery, I always (100% of the time!) want and usually NEED the surgery to be completed.

This suggestion will destroy the game for me if made 'mandatory' because I play without savescumming

OFWG

Quote from: Lightzy on January 19, 2017, 04:29:57 PM
This suggestion will destroy the game for me if made 'mandatory' because I play without savescumming

Meh. If you're that worried about getting a couple of nicks on the pawns then clearly you weren't using surgery anyway. :)

Thyme

How about rescheduling the operation, but suspended. I tend to forget which limb, peg leg, etc. I wanted to operate on. Would be one simple click instead of my brain working :p
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

NeverPire

Quote from: Thyme on January 19, 2017, 05:57:15 PM
How about rescheduling the operation, but suspended. I tend to forget which limb, peg leg, etc. I wanted to operate on. Would be one simple click instead of my brain working :p
Really more interesting than the previous idea.
I don't see any disadvantage this time.
Except one, for operations using bionic or prostetic organs, if the chirurgy fails, the organ disappears so if you haven't any more organs, it's possible that you have to wait a long time before having the items needed to rescheduling the task.

Thorbane

When building orbital trade beacons, the range of other beacons (both built and planned) should be displayed

b0rsuk

Dromedaries and Mufallos can be loaded with cargo when forming a caravan. Elephants can't. All animals who are trained to haul should get caravan carrying capacity. Yes, even dogs. Imagine they're pulling a cart or a sled.

Thyme

Quote from: NeverPire on January 19, 2017, 06:29:21 PM
Really more interesting than the previous idea.
I don't see any disadvantage this time.
Except one, for operations using bionic or prostetic organs, if the chirurgy fails, the organ disappears so if you haven't any more organs, it's possible that you have to wait a long time before having the items needed to rescheduling the task.
That's even more time my brain has to keep that information in its memory. </irony> I see that as an advantage!
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

NeverPire

It could lead to an other strangeness.
Imagine you schedule the installation of a bionic leg, you fail, you lose the bionic leg.
Shortly thereafter, you buy a prostetic leg, and try to reschedule the operation.
The operation would stay"install a bionic leg" and you will have no more of them so your pawn will go to a bed to wait for an operation which will never happen.

Null1k

How about region/area for prisoners? Like a build prison with territory where prisoners can walk. They living only in rooms.