Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

I want to see red lines ("laser sights") between my colonists and their target so I can tell at a glance who's firing at who.

b0rsuk

When prioritizing on an equipment rack, new option:
- swap Survival Rifle for Sniper Rifle

This would deposit colonist's current item and equip the one on the rack. It's annoying when you order a colonist to take something from a full cabinet and he leaves a shiny weapon on the ground, in a rain.

Grishnerf

make 1x1 animal sleeping spots dragable to build 10x10 in one go.
sleeping spots cost no ressource so it should work like that, similar to how you drag a Zone.
it is tedious if you build a new bigger barn and have to click all 100 sleeping spots anew.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

corestandeven

Apologies in advance if already suggested, and hopefully this is considered a 'cheap idea', but i would like an option under zones to hightlight a 'priority work area'. For example, say I want builders to focus on dismantling a pre-built structure (i.e. walls and floors) outside my home base and haul all the material back in one go, then create this temporary area and assign pawns to it and they will focus entirely on that zone until all their assigned work is done. At the moment if you select a pre-built structure to be dismantled it is rare that the pawn will focus on completing the job, often dismantling a single wall or floor and then returning all the way back to camp. These priority job zones wouldnt just apply to dismantling but could be used for other jobs, e.g. growing, building, hauling, etc.
The other option would be to allow dragable jobs. So rather than single clicking the mouse to dismantle a single piece of wall, drag the mouse around the area first and then click dismantle - the pawn would then do the entire area selected than a single task. This might be easier and quicker to do than my first idea of a 'job priority zone'.

hwfanatic

Previous animal
Next animal

Thyme

I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

Sola

Insulation
With real estate at a premium, what about adding something like fiberglass insulation or asbestos to keep the heat/cold where you want it?
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

NeverPire

Quote from: Sola on January 21, 2017, 04:50:19 PM
Insulation
With real estate at a premium, what about adding something like fiberglass insulation or asbestos to keep the heat/cold where you want it?
What do you think about adding Hemp to make insulation ?
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Ace_livion

make the sculptor's table not count the statues installed on the colony.
kinda like how the tailor don't care about who many pants are in use, but in store.

I personally often like to just make my artist just create up till i have 10 statues to sell to an exotic trader, but as I also like to hand pick the finest pieces to my personal collection it gets partly annoying to do the +1 to the work orders.
I don't have that much need for knowing how many statues there are in total on my base. :)

Ace_livion

Mad man event.

1 naked dude whit a doomsday rocket.

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Ace_livion on January 21, 2017, 06:56:57 PM
Mad man event.

1 naked dude whit a doomsday rocket.

w/ unlimited Doomsday Rockets.

hwfanatic

Make night owls ignore cover provided by darkness. This will make them more viable hunters and also add a little bit of spice to firefights (I reckon).

Thyme

Cover provided by darkness has been removed entirely as of A16.

hwfanatic

Can I have a source on that? My experience doesn't match.

Thyme

Other people claimed that, so I started the game to check before replying here: It doesn't appear in the hitchance tooltip anymore.