Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaltys

If visiting caravan members are starting to starve, the caravan should bypass the checks and depart immediately.

Like they already do if the temperature gets too high.

bier00t

As in title. Would propably need to have less mechs and less bugs than regular ones to accomodate for balance.

Kagee

Let us set up a reminder in x (ingame) days/months/seasons/years.
So you can write a note to your future self like: "Check crops"

VortecusMaximus

A smart hydroponics table, that has a built-in sunlamp. 2x1 in size and can grow any of the other crops grown on the other one. This should be a research beyond normal hydroponics and will help save space and electricity in a base that needs a small indoor farm. For example, a cavern colony that wishes to grow some herbal medicine indoors and does not have the capabilities or capacity for a large farm with a sunlamp that consumes disgusting amounts of electricity.

Tricke

I've played enough to be called as good player. So I have some ideas:
1)First one is some raid's rebalance: sappers are most dangerous raiders and cause majority of the players' loses but have 0.8 R's value while siege provides colony with easy mortars, meals and components(and has 0.6 R's value). I suggest increase siege's R's value to 0.8 and decrease sapper's to 0.6.
2)Second one is add some logic for animals who are hunting, add them areals 'cos this's not good when wargs or wolves go through the whole map to kill another deer while having fresh corpse on the map.
3)Third one is some mechanoids' rebalance: scythers should have speed at 5.0 and lancers should have 4.5 'cos of their body structures.
4)Add "Hit the dirt" ability: pawn will gain 20% received accurasy and will move with 10% speed.
What are ya looking for?

ArchReaper95

This game desperately needs a way to unequip items that are equipped in a caravan (reverting them to inventory) or equip items that are in an inventory while out in an encounter screen. I have run into a lot of issues with the inventory system as it stands, and I think there are a lot of quick fixes that people have already been trying to mod into the system, that really wouldn't take long to handle at the source.

Mehni

@ArchReaper95

That's already a thing.

giannikampa

aiming time proportional to distance of the target plus a base value
..looks cheap to me but gameplaychanging, i know
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

LWM

If vanilla XML Defs had Name attributes (<ThingDef Parent="..." Name="MealSimple">...<defName>MealSimple</defName>....</ThingDef>), then a modder could base XML off of the vanilla items that would pick up more changes other modders make.

As an example: If I could make my BigShelf use <ThingDef Parent="Shelf">...my changes, etc...</ThingDef>, then when another modder changes Shelf to add a Comp, I wouldn't have to do ANYTHING for compatibility to kick in - my BigShelf would automatically pick up the new Comp!

All it would require is updating the XML, and wouldn't change any gameplay.  A simple script could handle the change.

--LWM

mcduff

I don't know if it's "cheap" but I've quite often thought it would be really good to be able to do that even when they're not on a caravan.

Quote from: Mehni on February 12, 2019, 07:58:26 AM
@ArchReaper95

That's already a thing.

Monflame

I'd like to play with mod in which you can conquer the other settlements. Features:
1) Each settlement should pay you taxes in silver (will be sent in transport pods)
2) All settlers of colony can't be controlled by you directly and by priority orders, but you can call for them like you allies
3) You can see all info and states of each settler like on world map UI (like when you observe your caravan status)
4) Some settlements may rebel against you sometimes and if you won't suppress it they will separate from you

Lizzard_the_wise

Just a few oversights/suggestions I've run into today. These may even be bugs as I haven't actually checked any of them, but I doubt it.
1. Mining smoothed stone doesn't count towards mining skill and doesn't use characters' mining stats (and thus takes a long time). I feel like this should be treated as regular stone.
2. When a colonist becomes incapacitated while in a bed, they can't be made to drop or unequip weapons or gear in any way that I've found. This is very inconvenient and feels unrealistic.
3. I'm having issues with colonists training tamed animals when those animals are not marked to be trained. Still trying to figure this one out. However, colonists who gain joy/satisfaction from handling animals should be allowed to train animals as a recreation, even if those animals are not marked to be trained. I think this would be a nice addition and has story potential.
4. I kinda want giving flowers to a lover/partner/love interest to be a thing. Could just be a line under the social tab, or it could involve the pawn actually going to a patch of flowers.

All these suggestions are based on the most recent version, which I've not played extensively yet, so please excuse me if any of this is irrelevant.

derped

Let us set what to store on each side of the shelves.

derped

When you select a wall for deconstruction, there could be some kind of indication if the roof will collapse. For example, when you use the deconstruction selection box, the tiles where the roof would collapse could turn red, or perhaps an exclamation mark in the affected tiles etc.

derped

It'd be very nice if we could deconstruct by type, for example when you select a power conduit then press X (deconstruct), then it should not only deconstruct the selected conduit, but the deconstruct tool itself should be activated, with the exception that now it only selects conduits.

This way you could easily deconstruct all conduits in an area, without selecting anything else.

Even better, if on top of this somehow you could set what to select for deconstruction in the tool itself, perhaps some usual tick-boxes.