Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman999999999

wheelchirs done my guy has imbilty and im playing the hardest difculty so trade

kahlzun

Perhaps make it so one of the "allowed areas" is the Home Area that colonists put fires out in, and that it automatically updates as the Home Area is painted? So that they hang around the base area only.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Zork

maybe with the future animal update with breeding and husbandry, an added pet system?

kahlzun

An indicator that shows you where the pods have landed when you buy stuff, or the ability to nominate a location. Have lost stuff because i can't find it after it landed.
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

A1win

There are two rather frustrating issues that could both be resolved with one feature:

• The inability to deconstruct power conduits inside walls more than one at a time. I have to click the wall, click it again to select the conduit, and then press X to deconstruct it.
  • The inability to see the power grid without selecting a powered block to be placed.
Add a toggle flag (at bottom right) to turn power grid display on and off. While it's on, using the Deconstruct tool only deconstructs conduits (and possibly other power blocks if that's desirable). If the power display toggle is out of the question, we could at least use a "Deconstruct power conduits" tool that displays the power grid while selected and also deconstructs power conduits inside walls.

blinari

A "clean outdoors" checkbox. It gets silly sometimes when pawns are mopping up blood from the dirt in a rainforest, while the dining room is covered in vomit.

Opportunistic hauling. If a pawn is far from home mining, chopping wood, etc. and decides to go eat, sleep, or do a joy activity, it should check if there is something nearby that can be hauled to a stockpile on the way.

b0rsuk

Don't generate tribal pawns with Prostophile trait. "Lacks a bionic counterpart" looks quite silly on them.

Don't generate brawlers wielding ranged weapons.

blinari

A minimum efficiency slider for butchering, disassembling mechanoids, etc. A crippled master chef is good for cooking, but for butchering I'd rather have my healthy (or bionic) guy do the work.

Azovie

I'd like to see a little more temperature extremes in the planets hottest biome (especially in the hot end of the desert-like environments). The ice sheet is harsh but there is no equivalent in the high temperature range. I think 40 degrees Celsius is the current summertime cap; however, colonists could survive double that easily with a little finesse (and crash landing in the wintertime).

Hopefully this is an easy thing to change!

AruBun

GREAT, typed up a really nice reply, forum throws it away. Not typing it again.

A lot of the temperature stuff has issues of varying severity. If you give me read access to some of the source files, I can fix it, already have a fix typed for the vents (they don't conserve energy, currently) (edit: they *do* currently conserve energy, but Equalize can be one simple line). Coolers and heaters have issues that might severely hurt their efficiency, probably affects coolers worse. Ceilings influence temperature less the bigger they are, which is backwards. Walls alter temperature based on outdoor temperature, not neighboring room temp, which is probably not an error, just incomplete, but I could fix that too without using significant CPU time. (edit: I was wrong about the vents, but the other things are still there, most dramatic I think is coolers. The issues combine for a general sense of temperatures and power consumption not changing as you would intuitively expect them to.)

private void Equalize(Room r, float targetTemp) {
r.Temperature += (targetTemp - r.Temperature)*this.EqualizationPercentPerTickRare;
}

AruBun

Quote from: praguepride on July 16, 2015, 12:56:56 PM
Flywheel capaciters: Batteries that don't explode into fire.

Basically they would be a less efficient battery and would experience stored energy decay but the upside would be that they wouldn't cause fires when they explode from damage or power surges.

In addition more efficient flywheel storage could be a researchable option.

Usually when a flywheel at full speed explodes, it's far more uh, explosive than an electrical fire. All that energy is released not only much more rapidly, but as kinetic energy rather than heat. Would easily kill everything in the room, and neighboring rooms.

Jorlem

When an animal revenge event happens, could other nearby hunters automatically focus on killing the attacking animal?

TrashMan

A simple idea, for modding - a single piece armor option - armor that has a helmet incorporated already and thus takes up both slots.

Right now it doesn't work. At all.

Well that, or the ability to set which takes top layer - armor or helmet

Azovie

Quote from: AruBun on July 26, 2015, 10:15:46 PM
Quote from: praguepride on July 16, 2015, 12:56:56 PM
Flywheel capaciters: Batteries that don't explode into fire.

Basically they would be a less efficient battery and would experience stored energy decay but the upside would be that they wouldn't cause fires when they explode from damage or power surges.

In addition more efficient flywheel storage could be a researchable option.

Usually when a flywheel at full speed explodes, it's far more uh, explosive than an electrical fire. All that energy is released not only much more rapidly, but as kinetic energy rather than heat. Would easily kill everything in the room, and neighboring rooms.

I don't know about you guys but I certainly wouldn't want to check a whole array of battery flywheels for deterioration over time.

I think the right solution would be a "Flow Battery" (which is a tried and true technology). They take up a lot of space and store less energy (WattDays) per sq/unit of area but the positive and negative terminals can be on entirely opposite ends making shorting impossible. I actually deal with this stuff in my day to day worklife.

Azovie

Quote from: AruBun on July 26, 2015, 10:05:21 PM
GREAT, typed up a really nice reply, forum throws it away. Not typing it again.

A lot of the temperature stuff has issues of varying severity. If you give me read access to some of the source files, I can fix it, already have a fix typed for the vents (they don't conserve energy, currently). Coolers and heaters have issues that might severely hurt their efficiency, probably affects coolers worse. Ceilings influence temperature less the bigger they are, which is backwards. Walls alter temperature based on outdoor temperature, not neighboring room temp, which is probably not an error, just incomplete, but I could fix that too without using significant CPU time.

If this is true I sure hope Tynan and Co. contacts you or at least gives your words some merit. I love the temperature aspects of the game but I have noticed strange anomalies too especially with cooling corridors vs square rooms of the exact same tile size.