Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DariusWolfe

Nicknames, as far as I understand, are part of a single first/last combo. So any given nickname will ALWAYS be associated with a particular name.

Unless my digging is incorrect, there's no randomization whatsoever on name combinations.

gendalf

UI: In the work priorities list:
When you click on a work type name, which has a skill associated with it, it should sort the workers by that skill: highest>0>unable.
If you right click: it should sort by their interest: 2 flames>1 flame>no flame.

ericbomb

Make resetting traps be under flick instead of haul since unless everyone laying around doing nothing they'll never get around to doing it so you have to order it one by one.

SpaceDorf

Another one for the UI :

I would like the ability for Identical Workbenches to be linked, so the can work the same list of Bills.

First I thought of copying the bills, but that "only" works for Bills set to "forever" or "do-until-X" If I want a specific amount
I still would have to handjuggle.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Pax_Empyrean

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 15, 2016, 12:41:36 AM
Another one for the UI :

I would like the ability for Identical Workbenches to be linked, so the can work the same list of Bills.

First I thought of copying the bills, but that "only" works for Bills set to "forever" or "do-until-X" If I want a specific amount
I still would have to handjuggle.
Not a bad idea for it to be an option, but I often have different workbenches restricted to different people. I don't mind if my low-skilled pawns are doing things where skill doesn't matter, but if I put in an order for assault rifles I want my best crafter, and only my best crafter, making all of them.

SpaceDorf

So do I, but things like reclaim can work on many workbenches and when I have more than one skilled crafter and need 20 dusters or parkas, pants and shirts .. it gets messy :)

--- Edit ---

Why must I have so many Ideas ?

One for the UI :

In the restriction tab where you select how the pawns should spend their time, make it so, that clicking on a hour sets the whole line to that type of activity.

And one for Gameplay :

Make it an Option to set  Realtime Intervals for Autosave, so hours of paused planning don't go to waste if you forget to save. 

CannibarRechter

> In the restriction tab where you select how the pawns should spend their time, make it so, that clicking on a hour sets the whole line to that type of activity.

Yes, please!
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

TrashMan

BIG aim bonus for shooting at unmoving/fixed/downed targets.

I'm talking about things like HIVES. My colonists were missing 90% of the shots from 5 feet away. Christ!

Havan_IronOak

Probably been suggested before but...

Positive mood buff on the rescue of a rescued crash pod victim.

I just had a pod crash with an unaffiliated pawn aboard. No great stats but I have the facilities to rescue her. But if I rescue her rather than capture her and spend time and resources healing and feeding her  she just walks out of my colony with no benefit to me.

If my colonists get a mood debuff for having an "innocent raider" die while a prisoner, then it only seems fair that upon the successful rescue of pod crash victim there ought to be an upside buff, no?

b0rsuk

New auto-generated zone, similarly to Home Zone. It would be Indoor Zone.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 15, 2016, 10:18:51 AM
Probably been suggested before but...

Positive mood buff on the rescue of a rescued crash pod victim.

I just had a pod crash with an unaffiliated pawn aboard. No great stats but I have the facilities to rescue her. But if I rescue her rather than capture her and spend time and resources healing and feeding her  she just walks out of my colony with no benefit to me.

If my colonists get a mood debuff for having an "innocent raider" die while a prisoner, then it only seems fair that upon the successful rescue of pod crash victim there ought to be an upside buff, no?

You mean like getting a reward for doing like something like the right ( humane ) thing ?
Woooooooooaahh Dude :) Awesome.

I always rescue and treat downed raiders. My reward is faction goodwill, less hauling of gear :D , and the occassional organ donation ..

Havan_IronOak

I applaud your policy but downed escape pod crash victims generally don't have a faction so there's no reward for rescuing them.

SpaceDorf

They have. Its called Spacers and gives you nothing.

DariusWolfe

Quote from: b0rsuk on August 15, 2016, 10:27:33 AM
New auto-generated zone, similarly to Home Zone. It would be Indoor Zone.

YES PLEASE.

Alpha393

Make rocks fall from mountain roofs when struck by mortar fire. It shouldn't be too horrifically difficult.