Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glass zebra

Food priority for pawns interacting with animals i.e. taking hay/kibble.

--------------------------------------

Right now several weirdnesses exist in the game ranging from "raising eye brow" to "looking utter confused.

- tamers get veggies over hay for taming/training
- tamers get meat over kibble for taming/training
- doctors feed lavish meals to e.g. chicks when doctoring despite hay/veggies present

Those are two ends of balancing of course too so it might be more than a quick job, but at least feeding of the best available meals should be something that humans get. Not 0.05 max stomach animals. I also hardly see a reason for kibble except "I got too much (human) meat" and "this animal does not eat veggies" with the current ingame food priority.

It's also weird progression wise that your animals need e.g. veggies when you begin to tam/train them and then kinda just eat hay in late game. Making hay in early game for an (trainable) animal focus is a bad idea, which is a bit weird.

makkenhoff

The ability to write (for custom start scenarios) additional flavor text for specific events, with a pop-up dialog similar to the game start dialog box. This could be as simple as allowing for multiple 'game start scenario' pop-ups with a timer similiar to pre-planned events. It could get annoying if over-used, but I think it could add to the custom scenario stories.

For example:

You have a pre-timed raid - such as you crash landed because you were attacked by the pirate faction on the planet you landed on. The first wave happens on day 1 (with a message about you are sure they will send someone after you), but after defeating the first wave, maybe 1 days later, you receive the custom scenario message from the pirates threatening you with another assault.

(This could be expanded upon, with the new event system, for example 'tribute' collection or face the consequences, but is not a part of this cheap idea.)

the_dill

just to make the game a bit more realistic, make grenades an one time use item.
since smoke is in the game, why not add smoke/tear gas canisters. also, having flashbang grenades will also be nice.
i dont have one

Sola

Do not allow pawns to re-arm deadfall traps while standing on them.  This one's just annoying.  Losing characters to this is simply unacceptable.  Perhaps have pawns always treat deadfall traps as active unless there's no other path?
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Rofo

Random event: Rodents plague.
It spawns a group of rats that consume your crops (similar to "Beavers!").

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a scarecrow-like passive solution to deal with wild animals consuming your crops.

Asiraw

Personality Conversion : Allow "cannibal" "Drug addict" or any else to convert others colonists using their social skill.

TreeStump

How about an animal that can boost a caravans speed. Like a horse but can't carry much.

NeverPire

Let animals who have haul fully trained carrying items in caravans.

I think especially about large animals like elephants.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

NeverPire

Still about caravans :

Place an indicator of the current speed of the caravan (tiles/day) in the formation screen.

It will be hourly actualised when we select a new pawn or animal and indicate which one is the limitator.

It would be very useful to show immediately who slow the caravan.

I precise I will post this idea in  a separate topic too because I think this one is a little bit a dead-end.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

enragedcamel

Wild predators should get angry if you start hauling away their kill.

4myGod

I don't know if this is even still being read.  But perhaps you can add spies.  When a person joins the colony for whatever reason it has a random chance of them being a spy for a previous faction.  If they are a spy then it sets a future time, maybe 27 days.  After 27 days it will wait until more than half of the colonists are sleeping or 24 hours (whichever is sooner) and the guy will turn bad and attempt to steal an expensive item (like a normal bad guy) and walk off.  It will only send a message if the guy gets away or if another colonist comes into contact with him.

Brainsample

When my constructor has finished building shelves in the wood workshop, the haulers start filling them up with weapons. Then after reinstalling the shelves where I want them, once again, my confused haulers get busy carrying around weapons.

Simple solution: Let shelves store nothing by default.
The default priority is fine at "important", in my opinion.

4myGod

If you have someone as a prisoner then there is a percent chance that their faction will attempt to form a rescue mission in which they bring a more/better equipped people.  The story can say they gathered together their friends and neighbors to rescue so-and-so.

4myGod

When you build anything that has a quality value, allow the option to set the level a worker has to be to accomplish it, so only level 15 or 20 construction workers will work on it.  I am constantly having to grab my best worker and manually pull him off whatever he is doing to go build a chair or table before the noobie construction guy who has nothing to do attempts to put it together.

jamaicancastle

Extra-cheap idea: have a secondary event notification say, 1 in-game hour before a trade caravan leaves your base or a trade ship leaves orbit. A sort of "last call" in case you were busy when it arrived or you need to finalize something.

Quote from: the_dill on May 29, 2017, 06:43:28 PM
just to make the game a bit more realistic, make grenades an one time use item.

Grenades are "consumed", after a fashion. You'll note that each time they're used, their durability goes down. People just have to be armed with a lot of them because it's their only weapon.