Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salt1219

don't know why i didn't think of this before (maybe its already been mentioned?)

wind turbine
-an alternate source of power, runs day and night, needs wind to run.

Keyreper

a slide bar for difficulty before starting a game

Kazzier

Pointless Items

I actually like having items in games that serve little to no purpose. For example a piece of meteorite you can pick up. It does nothing, but hey, maybe I can start a meteorite collection.

A random animal or human skull out on the plains that you can pick up. You get the gist.

They can be sold by trade ships as a novelty and to add more depth to the game.

Incinerator
Should be quite easy to add. Every time an item is deposited in an area / machine it is burnt and destroyed.

Spike

Watching Blitzkriegsler's video playthrough, he had a lot of rabid animals.  On one, he clicked outside of the message area, closing it, and had no way to see where the affected animal was (at 14:25).  So...

* Message Log: A timestamped log of events, with the option to "go to" the area of the most recent few.

Rhok

in the main menu... put a "Quickdraw" button (in keeping with the western theme)

i dont want to know what storyteller i am getting... or who my colonists are... or whatever else there is to choose... make it all random and drop me off

huxi

This is in response to the 2013-10-09 build that Blitzkriegsler is currently playing.

It seems like searching for the person with the highest level of something is a bit cumbersome. I think it would be nicer if the overview had the option to sort the colonists by selectable skill level. The current UI is also hiding that info behind mouse-overs which won't translate very well to touch devices. It would be better if those values would be visible all the time, even for non-touch devices. More information at a single glance.

I don't like the change that the weapons people are carrying are only visible as an icon if the people are already drafted. This makes it harder than needed to find people with a certain weapon.

Not sure if something like this exists already but it would be nice if there was some keys to toggle through all the colonists. This should center on the currently selected colonist and show its stats.

BananaFromHell

Quote from: Rhok on October 13, 2013, 12:05:53 PM
in the main menu... put a "Quickdraw" button (in keeping with the western theme)

i dont want to know what storyteller i am getting... or who my colonists are... or whatever else there is to choose... make it all random and drop me off

I like that Idea! You will probably get a lot of youtubers playing with a randomly generated colony

Christian

Not sure if any of these have been suggested already:

- Forcefield doorways that can be calibrated to only let certain people through and damages or incapitates those who aren't
- Cloaking devices and silent weapons - for stealth tactics
- Mounts - tameable animals that you can ride for an advantage in combat, carrying more items on long excursions, add an auto turret to or attach an explosive to and use a decoy against enemies
- Riot shields
- Traps - ranging from primitive spike pits or nonlethal nets to advanced laser grids and mine fields
- Deployable drones that assist in combat, can specialize in healing or providing shields or just be weaponized

NotUserFriendly

Adding a new trader, one who can instantly sell you a piece of research, maybe a science vessel that buys metal and food, but sells research and advanced weaponry.

Spike

I'm not really sure where this would fit, and didn't want to start a new thread.  So I'll throw it in here...

Watching Blitzkriegsler's live stream, he commented about wanting to relocate the stockpile but not having the resources.  I think it might be better to not have the game place anything at the start other than the crash pods dropping.  No bedrolls, stockpile or dumping areas; instead boost the starting resources the player gets, and give them a few tutorial pop-ups (with toggle to never show again) to place the needed infrastructure.  This way you could crash on the map, colonists get out, game auto-pauses, and you can decide where you want to start.

mumblemumble

*Hardened conduit : Harder to blow up, and is insulated enough that the current works even in solar flares. Much more expensive though.

*Industrial grinder : Grind up stones for a small return of scrap, or bodies for food. Grinding up humans for food is doable, but has a huge effect on loyalty, happiness, and fear.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

SpaceEatingTrex

Quote from: Jojomon on October 14, 2013, 01:32:27 PM
*Rattlesnakes*

Just wanted to second Jojomon's idea because a Rattlesnake-like creature would fit the setting so well! Since the Biome module seems like one people would really want to see, this might be something to consider in that context. For example, rattlesnake-like and coyote-like creatures would be fitting in a desert biome, while anacondas would fit in a jungle biome, etc.

salt1219

rattlesnakes could hide in shrubs, it would make for a random encounter when clearing plants

IncredibleNode

More wall types would be pretty cool i did set up a suggestion thread - http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=253.0
Check out my latest Forum Thread!
Extra Walls suggestion:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=253.0

thekillergreece

Melee weapons!

Knife:
Damage: 25
Recharge Time: 2 seconds
Found: Uncommon. From raiders or around the planet.

Baton:
Damage: 10
Recharge Time: 1.5 second
Found: Common. From raiders or around the planet.

Fork:
Damage:15
Found: Uncommon. From raiders.

Chainsaw:
Damage: Instant death(By ripping head off or torse)
Recharge Time: 5 seconds
Found: Rare. From special raiders(Unknown if will be added)

Pencil:
Damage: 5
Recharge Time: 0.5

Rock:
Damage:10
Survivors or raiders can carry only 10 rocks.

Hammer:
Damage:20
Recharge Time: 3 seconds
Found: Rare. From raiders.

Screwdriver:
Damage:10
Recharge Time: 1.5 second
Found: Uncommon. From raiders.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weapons:

Mortar:
Damage: 50
Recharge Time: 10 seconds
Range: 32
Accuracy: 2
Price: 2.500
Found: Rare. From raiders.

C4:
Damage: 25
Recharge Time: 1 second
Range: 5