Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aboada

I would very much like that you change the color of the B18 blight. Now it's green, and it's difficult to see in also green crops. Make it, for example, red, so it's easier to spot.

Kirby23590

I kind of want to see weapons that you already used and wield have a number of kills and downs thats been recorded.

For example a raider using a assault rifle that killed an manhunting wolf. That rifle has a kill already untill he drops it and finds itself on your hands.
Where killing or putting down more manhunting wolves will add more that rifle has already been seen used to shoot wolves.

Maybe you find a randomly generated bolt-action rifle that's rugged and bought from a trader and it has been used to kill 11 raiders and 13 animals and had downed 1 mechanoid. But i think that doesn't make any sense but would be nice :P

Also i want to see turrets have a kill or down count too. Because i want to see the turrets that have killed any raiders that are the most effective in the position i placed and the Kill and Down counter would be nice  ;D

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

frenchiveruti

Add a Brawler positive thought for when he's using an excellent weapon, as a Brawler would be unhappy with a ranger weapon, it would be nice to have an opposite to it for when you finally get him a good nice weapon. 
So, only for "gladius" and beyond.
If excellent: +3 mood boost.
If MasterWork: +5 Mood Boost.
If Legendary: +7 Mood Boost.

bigdognz

It would be great to have an ability to copy and paste cooler and heating temperature settings similar to the way you can do so with the stock pile zones. It just gets a bit tedious when you build a whole row of coolers or heaters and have to individually adjust the temperature on each one.

Dargaron

Quote from: bigdognz on January 05, 2018, 04:07:24 PM
It would be great to have an ability to copy and paste cooler and heating temperature settings similar to the way you can do so with the stock pile zones. It just gets a bit tedious when you build a whole row of coolers or heaters and have to individually adjust the temperature on each one.

You can select multiple coolers/heaters with the shift key, and adjust the temperature all at once.

giannikampa

Please give blinking info of incapacitated friendlies: a lot of time they fall incapacitated after leaving the hospital where they just got treated, but we miss them.
or at least let them better recover before deciding to leave
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Remus321

You should add somethin like if the colonist is tired he should get a conciousness debuff of x%

giannikampa

Make insects mark-able for hunting: many times i destroy an infestation, then lower the colony level of attention and get advised by an explosion that few insects got unseen for days and destroyed parts of my space ships parked ot of the base. Plus the incapacitated insects remain forbidden on death, while if they could be set for hunting they would be unforbidden on death. Plus I could see them easily.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Dargaron

Ambushes for incapacitated refugees should probably be changed: instead of eight tribals teleporting right on top of your colonist(s), how about spawning at the map edge, like normal people? Alternatively, why can't we conceal our own pawns for a minigun-to-the-face ambush on approaching snipers?

EDIT: Why can't we dress incapacitated refugees? Just had a colonist's mother spawn naked at -13 C daytime temperature: I brought pants, shirt and jacket, but there's not way to actually put the clothes on until she wakes up.

NeverPire

Quote from: Dargaron on January 12, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Ambushes for incapacitated refugees should probably be changed: instead of eight tribals teleporting right on top of your colonist(s), how about spawning at the map edge, like normal people? Alternatively, why can't we conceal our own pawns for a minigun-to-the-face ambush on approaching snipers?

EDIT: Why can't we dress incapacitated refugees? Just had a colonist's mother spawn naked at -13 C daytime temperature: I brought pants, shirt and jacket, but there's not way to actually put the clothes on until she wakes up.
It's strange because at least for item stash quest, ambushers appear form the edge of the map.
// Edit : same for me for incapacited refugees.

Same problem than you to dress prisonners, friends or incapacited pawns.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Injured Muffalo

I suggest a pounds weight option in menu. I suggest for rounding purposes it converts 1kg to 2lb. Super cheap!

I expanded on the idea here for uh, discussion purposes.
A muffalo encountered a vimp near a patch of sweet vegetables. A struggle ensued. The muffalo gored the vimp with its horns. The vimp bit the muffalo with its beak. Finally, the vimp was bested, sending large chunks of its flesh in every direction. But the muffalo was injured. It shed a single tear.

SGTHince

Hey,
I'm no expert at mechanics or how simple this would be but how about a visual "to-do list" where it lists jobs to be done (i.e. build wall, research, tend to prisoner, eat etc.) and maybe also who is doing it. If you could drag and drop to change order or maybe add jobs via this also change who does what job. I understand this is altered by the prority setting tab but setting orders and sometimes certain people can become confusing especially for a newbie.
Thanks
SGTHince
I am Muffalo

Joth

2 suggestions.  Firstly, a trader meetup spot.  When traders come, it seems they pick a random spot to hover around.  Sometimes this spot isn't always in an ideal location (they may be walking into sleeping colonists' rooms etc.).  Allowing the player to choose a spot would be helpful.  I think there is a mod for this, but it seems like it should be in the official version.

Secondly, designate colonist groups.  This feature might not be as cheap, but whenever I get raided, I always find myself wanting to distinguish between which colonists have ranged weapons and which have melee weapons.  Being able to add colonists to a group could help, and provide many other functions as well.  If this is too laborious, just creating a system where the player could drag colonist portraits on the top of the screen to reorder them could be a rudimentary way for people to create groups. 

Thanks for the wonderful game.

Trenix

We have hunting and farming, we need fishing!

NeverPire

Quote from: Joth on January 14, 2018, 09:03:27 PM
2 suggestions.  Firstly, a trader meetup spot.  When traders come, it seems they pick a random spot to hover around.  Sometimes this spot isn't always in an ideal location (they may be walking into sleeping colonists' rooms etc.).  Allowing the player to choose a spot would be helpful.  I think there is a mod for this, but it seems like it should be in the official version.
Thanks for the wonderful game.
This feature has already be proposed a lot of time. However, devs don't want to add it to prevent players to throw caravans into killrooms.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.