[1.0] Clutter ("Was i a squieerl ?" December 20, 2018)

Started by mrofa, February 16, 2016, 02:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrofa

Dats a nice research mate, will keep that in mind :D
All i do is clutter all around.

mrofa

Ok guys im slowly but steady rewriting code for well ......... everything.

So the first thing that got rewrited is the locker, as its the one thing i get most pm spam for.
Its gone under some testing, thrugh i have high hopes of you guys to find more bugs :P
Since my job dont give me to much of free time.

Here is a download link to locker version 1.1.

Current version dont allow to  install/uninstall it, this part is under development.
As its a stand alone i made a more vainlia friendly graphic for it, and for thous with keen eyes, yes the original texture was a outhouse..

For thous who dont know how locker works and whats new

Locker allows to switch between stored set  and the current gear colonist have on them.
First thing is to make colonist a owner of such locker, colonists can have multiply owned lockers, thrugh this dont bring any benefit.

Select a colonist RMB on the locker and select "Make a owner"
Name tag will pop-up under the locker.
You can change the locker owner, by doing the same as above on lockers that are already owned.

Now while locker owner is selected and RMB press on the locker that he/she is owning, you get one of two options.
If locker is empty you get "Store gear", this will put all owner colonist cloths and weapon in the locker
Option two is "Switch gear", is avalible when locker isnt empty, this works like "Store gear", but will also put all things that are in the locker on the colonist.

Force change
If locker have a owner, after selecting it a button will appear

This will force owner to come and change into stored gear or store gear if locker is empty.
Lockers are multi selectable and this also works with it, so you can change your entire colony gear with a single click :D

Thats generally the same as old locker is working.

New stuff is UI, finnaly got cracked the code :P
For some more locker control.

Did try to keep it close to vanilia ones so i hope its self-explanatory.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Quote from: gajop on June 23, 2017, 06:08:55 AM

So this leads me to believe that it runs for most users, and that it might be a Linux issue, and viola, it is!
Seats.Xml has the capital X in Xml, which causes an issue on Linux as it is case-sensitive.

Was having the same issue, thanks for the solution.

Apo

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem with Utility Wall with Light. I can't find any way to build it then in dev mode. In structure menu I see Utility wall but not with light and when I click on it I can only choose material. When wall is built there also is no button to make it with lights. I've even tried to look at mod files to find the answer but I'm all out of ideas :/
If you could check this or maybe even make a little tutorial how to make those light it would be awesome

Edit: After restart or maybe putting them in dev mode they magically appeared in structures menu. (its possible that I added line in mod that requires  research to this type of wall to appear in menu?) However they miss icon so they they display just texture for all directions ;)

drakulux

@mrofa I can't believe I didn't see the new locker update, will be testing asap as this is one of my fav utility mods. Can I suggest a feature for the locker? I don't know if it is possible but what if we have a special one that is only used for things like power armor/toxic suit basically upper clothing but if they can show the graphics of the items you store, basically you will need a head /torso/pants section on the locker(new suit holder) that takes the graphics of the items you store and displays them as if they are hanging in the locker. I believe it should be possible. Could make a nice suit holder by base entrance for those toxic wasteland playthrough.
Another way to have the armor graphics is to somehow place an invisible pawn graphic that the armor is worn on, sort of like an invisible mannequin that sits in the locker, and so you wear the gear on it.

Mosart

The link for Locker is dead.(

Is furniture mod with proper working locker?

mrofa

Quote from: mrofa on June 26, 2017, 12:40:04 PM
Ok guys im slowly but steady rewriting code for well ......... everything.

So the first thing that got rewrited is the locker, as its the one thing i get most pm spam for.
Its gone under some testing, thrugh i have high hopes of you guys to find more bugs :P
Since my job dont give me to much of free time.

Here is a download link to locker version 1.1.

Current version dont allow to  install/uninstall it, this part is under development.
As its a stand alone i made a more vainlia friendly graphic for it, and for thous with keen eyes, yes the original texture was a outhouse..

For thous who dont know how locker works and whats new

Locker allows to switch between stored set  and the current gear colonist have on them.
First thing is to make colonist a owner of such locker, colonists can have multiply owned lockers, thrugh this dont bring any benefit.

Select a colonist RMB on the locker and select "Make a owner"
Name tag will pop-up under the locker.
You can change the locker owner, by doing the same as above on lockers that are already owned.

Now while locker owner is selected and RMB press on the locker that he/she is owning, you get one of two options.
If locker is empty you get "Store gear", this will put all owner colonist cloths and weapon in the locker
Option two is "Switch gear", is avalible when locker isnt empty, this works like "Store gear", but will also put all things that are in the locker on the colonist.

Force change
If locker have a owner, after selecting it a button will appear

This will force owner to come and change into stored gear or store gear if locker is empty.
Lockers are multi selectable and this also works with it, so you can change your entire colony gear with a single click :D

Thats generally the same as old locker is working.

New stuff is UI, finnaly got cracked the code :P
For some more locker control.

Did try to keep it close to vanilia ones so i hope its self-explanatory.

In addition to all that above i was also able to add mod menu in game option menu.

Selecting this option will dump all colonist inventory into the locker, atleast the part that dont rot, so no meals in locker.
Works with CE ammo.

Mosart: did reup the link to the leatest version that shouldnt have any bugs, atleast i didnt find any.

drakulux: no worries most of ppl didnt see it :P
As for suggestion i dont promiss anything.

OH and for grammar nazis: im not native english, and i do give a fu... so every godamn inch of text even the cooded one can be changed in xml files. Now get to work!

faltonico

Hi there!
I hope you don't mind, i halved the door opening time in my copy of the mod xD
(Again thank you for your hard work btw!)

LittleMikey

I love this mod. The art style for everything fits in so much nicer than like 90% of the mods I've seen. Are you planning on uploading to the Steam Workshop at all?

lance789

mrofa

As i writed here somewhere, im to cheap to pay 5$ to steam to be able to upload mods there, so i wont personaly uploading it.
Its 5$ or coffie and lets face it ,coffie always winz :D

SpaceDorf

Quote from: mrofa on July 16, 2017, 05:47:10 AM
As i writed here somewhere, im to cheap to pay 5$ to steam to be able to upload mods there, so i wont personaly uploading it.
Its 5$ or coffie and lets face it ,coffie always winz :D

You are my personal hero :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

mrofa

Updated clutter structure lockable doors with additional config, see the 2nd post in this topic for details.

Tenshi~Akari

Reporting in: I think the update breaks all existing doors in save files, had a whole bunch of red errors pop up when resuming a game with this particular error tick:

Exception filling tab Clutter_Structure.ITab_LockableDoors: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Clutter_Structure.ITab_LockableDoors.FillTab () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.InspectTabBase+<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey450.<>m__65A () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32)
Verse.<DoTabGUI>c__AnonStorey450:<>m__65A()
Verse.ImmediateWindow:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Works alright in a new game, but just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: Another error I caught popping up in all that, forgot to copy over:

Exception ticking Door915462: System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
  at Verse.Entity.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

This has multiple door numbers, but they all have this same exact error. No options to give to deconstruct the doors, only way is to replace via Dev. Mode.

mrofa

Tenshi~Akari thx for bug report.
There is new  update with some fixes.
First save error can be saved, all you need to do is to remove doors with dev tools and spawn new ones.
Im not sure about the second error since i cant  remake it. Only thing that comes to mind is to delete the mod for mod folder and copy fresh download.