Suggestions for improvement

Started by snowslugger12, January 29, 2014, 01:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowslugger12

I just have a few questions and suggestions for Rimworld.
1. How will we get a copy of the game on Steam when it comes out?
2. Auto-Turrets in the game blow up to easily and do not do enough damage for how much they cost in supplies.
3. The colonists aim is kind of ridiculous, even when it is high they miss constantly.
4. Sandbags don't do nearly enough to protect you.
5. Raiders are way over powered. they are way to hard to kill and their aim is so much better than the colonists.
6. colonists are stunned/die to easily.
7. A stockpile should not cost supplies to make.
8. dumps should be able to be expanded.
9. there needs to be a few more geysers on each map.
10.make all colonists be able to capture, and doctor.
11. make it so you do not have to put a colonist in combat mode in order to be able to tell them where to go.
12. make it slightly easier to gain colonists.
If you agree with any of these; Comment below the number of the statement(s) you agree with. This will help show what the community thinks needs to be fixed.
Thanks, Snowslugger12  8)

Galileus

1-6: You basically want the game to get easier. This is debatable, seeing as many people learned to do quite well in it quite quickly.
7-8: Is in new version.
9: Debatable. Last time on big map I've started on a map with a defensible position with 3 gaysers
10: Makes sense.
11: Doesn't make sense. You can prioritize their work, but telling the where to go is kind of pointless when undrafted.
12: This would greatly hinder the - already super quick - progression. With quite low colonist cap, gaining of new ones should be rather slow, otherwise you hit the cap way to fast.

zhaoy

i just got the game and it is cool. Not many feature as expected for a alpha but still playable and the art is looking good.

I feel like it should be easier to manage your priorities because currently it is quite difficult i find, so many times some dumb settler goes crazy cause he did not eat.

Kubouch

I disagree with every point you stated (except 1 which is a question and 7-8 which are already included). Sorry, man :-D.

ApexPredator

I only agree with the first half of 2 and 3 sometimes. Turrets do pop really easy and early in the game this can be quite an issue with how much they cost.

Nukeman0

1. You just get it ;) No seriously, i don't know... But we'll get there

2. I would kinda agree with you on this, since the fact that you have to make so many of them because of the bad performance, it makes the game like a tower defence game, which is what Tynan doesn't want. Anyhow, because of this, Tynan is considering removing the auyoturrets entirely from the game, so I think you have to change your focus over to "keep the turrets" ;)

3. Disagree. Many of your colonists have never handled guns before. Even as you say when they have high stats, a colonist would know that the more time he spends on aiming for the raider's head, the more time the raider's friends gets to aim for his head...

4. That i have not looked well enough into, but since your colonists always peeks over the sandbags to fire, I think the current chanses are realistic.

5. In the middle. I have myself experienced the moments when a dozen of raiders raids your 6- man colony, but that's just the way of Rimworld, man ;D. I forces you to think strategically and smart, like hiding behind a mountainformation where you get full range and the raiders get minimum cover...

6. Wouldn't you get stunned if you were shot? The colonists doesn't even get stunned everytime, like they would have in reality.
Still, i believe this problem will be erased when medical- equipment will have a function in the game

7. fixed

8. fixed

9. If you mean more that 3-4 (which is what i usually get), I think that would have been too easy.

10. both agree and disagree. It should be basic knowledge, but considering the many "backgroundstories", i suppose a colonist with a fobia for blood would agree to doctor a wounded one.

11. As far as i see, this is worthless because of the priorities- function and the right- click- commands.

12. Currently, Tynan wants the colonies in the game to be so small that you will "form a relation" between your colonists. Remember, this is supposed to be a story- generating game.

Thank you for making all these suggestions :D

Viva La Rimworld!
Nukeman0