[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyAth

Ooooh you have just made my weekend!  Thank you sooo much for updating  :-*

UnlimitedHugs

Moved all my stuff over to Github. Of course, there's no fun in doing it manually, so I had to invest like 10 hours into writing an automated build system ;D
That was the most intense coding I have done in a while, so thank you for the suggestion, z00p.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

z00p

Thanks to you! For your time and for your mods, they're so useful!

Topper

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: z00p on August 01, 2016, 05:09:46 AM
Thanks to you! For your time and for your mods, they're so useful!
It's my pleasure and privilege. :)

Quote from: Topper on August 01, 2016, 05:13:57 AM
is this going to make it on to steam?
I have no plans for a Steam release at the moment.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

123nick

UnlimitedHugs

Mudder

As others have said... This will save me hours!
I'm a freelance programmer/web developer that spends way too much time here rather than making money.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.3.0

There you go folks, your A15 build fresh off the press.
The update was significantly easier this time, I'm glad to report.
I also added a setting to the def that allows to move the dice button around, in case you have something else in the way.

Szara

Speaking of which, when I first installed the mod I spent about fifteen minutes trying to figure out where the darn button was.. Because it was hidden by the CCL minimap.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Szara on August 31, 2016, 11:27:09 AM
Speaking of which, when I first installed the mod I spent about fifteen minutes trying to figure out where the darn button was.. Because it was hidden by the CCL minimap.

Yeah, it's an issue. The question is how to detect and interact with CCL without making it a requirement to use the mod. I'll see if I can whip something up.

UnlimitedHugs

Thanks to Vassteel's kind contribution this mod is now available on the Steam Workshop.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.3.1

A minor bug fix release, mainly to keep the dice widget from hiding under the Learning Helper panel.

Notnaws

I love this mod and have been using it a lot!

Here are some bugs:
1) if you pick up a starting weapon and then reroll, you keep it and another spawns, so you have two
2) if you let a pawn get hungry, tired, etc and then reroll the rerolled pawn starts hungry and tired
3) if you take damage in combat and then reroll, the rerolled pawn is bright red for a while
4) if your pawn starts addicted to a drug, the addiction is gone after reroll

Here is code to fix 1 and 2 - MapRerollController.cs line 84:

pawn.health.Reset();

// destroy their gear in case they picked up their starting weapon
pawn.equipment.DestroyAllEquipment();

// reset joy, hunger, etc
pawn.needs.SetInitialLevels();

pawn.DeSpawn();

I'm not sure how to fix 3 and 4.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Notnaws on October 03, 2016, 09:56:21 AM
Here are some bugs:
1) if you pick up a starting weapon and then reroll, you keep it and another spawns, so you have two
2) if you let a pawn get hungry, tired, etc and then reroll the rerolled pawn starts hungry and tired
3) if you take damage in combat and then reroll, the rerolled pawn is bright red for a while
4) if your pawn starts addicted to a drug, the addiction is gone after reroll

Yeah, I knew someone would catch on sooner or later :D
All good points, thank you for taking the time to test and report this. I'll probably include fixes for these in the next release.
Also, extra kudos to you for looking through the code, and even finding the appropriate fixes!