[1.3] Map Reroll (2.7.1) - Pick your starting map

Started by UnlimitedHugs, March 28, 2016, 05:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brucethemoose

Now I spend a good chunk of my life rerolling trying to get a perfect map... this is your fault UnlimitedHugs, you're a terrible person :P

1 feature request: is there any easy way to get the planet seed/coordinates from the new, rerolled map, or is it random? Can I get it from a command? There some very interesting reroll starts I'd like to share, but don't know how.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: brucethemoose on October 22, 2016, 10:09:21 PM
Now I spend a good chunk of my life rerolling trying to get a perfect map... this is your fault UnlimitedHugs, you're a terrible person :P
1 feature request: is there any easy way to get the planet seed/coordinates from the new, rerolled map, or is it random? Can I get it from a command? There some very interesting reroll starts I'd like to share, but don't know how.

Well, if you're having fun, it's most definitely time well spent :)
As for the seed, that's fairly tricky right now. The mod does generate a new world seed for each reroll, but it only affects the shape of the generated terrain. Even if you were to recreate a world from that exact seed, you would most likely find a different biome/elevation/climate at those coordinates.
But! In theory it would be possible if the person trying to recreate the map also had the mod installed and you were to share two seeds with them. Something to ponder for the future.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

brucethemoose

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 23, 2016, 01:32:47 AM
Quote from: brucethemoose on October 22, 2016, 10:09:21 PM

Well, if you're having fun, it's most definitely time well spent :)
As for the seed, that's fairly tricky right now. The mod does generate a new world seed for each reroll, but it only affects the shape of the generated terrain. Even if you were to recreate a world from that exact seed, you would most likely find a different biome/elevation/climate at those coordinates.
But! In theory it would be possible if the person trying to recreate the map also had the mod installed and you were to share two seeds with them. Something to ponder for the future.

So how is the random number used for the reroll generated?

Is it the same for every tile? Aka could someone say "use this seed at these coords, then reroll X times"?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: brucethemoose on October 23, 2016, 01:50:43 AM
So how is the random number used for the reroll generated?
Is it the same for every tile? Aka could someone say "use this seed at these coords, then reroll X times"?

The generated seeds are non-sequential at the moment. I could change that as a quick fix, but having someone sit through, say, 17 loading screens just to get the same map isn't very humane :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

hiepbg

Hello,

You had forgot to release new version on github :D I can only download 1.4.5 version.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: hiepbg on November 17, 2016, 08:23:35 AM
You had forgot to release new version on github :D I can only download 1.4.5 version.

There you go, all fixed :)
Thanks for letting me know.

217blaster217

Please help, I use theese mods:

CORE
Defenseive Positions
DoIT
EdBPrepareCarefully
ExpandedProsthetics and Organ...
Enhanced Tabs
Colony Manager
Glitter Tech
Hand me that Brick
High Caliber
MapReroll
More Vanila turrets
OneBigFamily
QuaityBuilder
ReasonableLamps
Refractored Work Priorities
RimFridge
Industrial Roller
RTFuse
RTQuantum storage
sd power
VeinMiner
Wermacht
WorkSmarter

The reason that I am posting this all here is that your mod is the only one from those 3 that I really need :D

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 06:11:30 AM
The reason that I am posting this all here is that your mod is the only one from those 3 that I really need :D

You're playing on an older build of the game, the current one is 1284. You don't have to update, though, because that error is harmless and safe to ignore.

217blaster217

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 19, 2016, 06:35:19 AM
Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 06:11:30 AM

You're playing on an older build of the game, the current one is 1284. You don't have to update, though, because that error is harmless and safe to ignore.

Thanks, so that means that every short hash warning is just harmless and nothing can go wrong ?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 07:08:57 AM
Thanks, so that means that every short hash warning is just harmless and nothing can go wrong ?

Yep, that particular error shouldn't cause you any issues, as far as I know.

217blaster217

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 19, 2016, 07:25:45 AM
Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 07:08:57 AM

Yep, that particular error shouldn't cause you any issues, as far as I know.

But I have problem :D Any way to fix mountains ? I can just walk trough them, and when I open that room with those bad guys whis is hidden in that rock then whole mountain dissapear
Thank you in advance.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 09:27:23 AM
But I have problem :D Any way to fix mountains ? I can just walk trough them, and when I open that room with those bad guys whis is hidden in that rock then whole mountain dissapear
Thank you in advance.

Uhh... those might not be mod-related issues. I would just update Rimworld to the latest build and avoid all these bugs that have likely already been fixed.

217blaster217

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 19, 2016, 09:36:08 AM
Quote from: 217blaster217 on November 19, 2016, 09:27:23 AM
Thank you in advance.

Uhh... those might not be mod-related issues. I would just update Rimworld to the latest build and avoid all these bugs that have likely already been fixed.

Sorry, was my bad, update fixed this issue, you are best :D

StormySunrise

Hi, Ive been having some confliction when loading Map Reroll with Glitter tech
it cannot seem to load the unity.engine/texture for any of the Glittertech stuff when I have Map Reroll enabled.
Does anyone know how to fix this?