Relationships update and backer characters

Started by Ekarus, April 09, 2016, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekarus

So I hate to be "that guy" but while rolling randomly for my initial survivors and managed to roll my survivor and noticed the new trait: Gay

I'm not trying to start anything, hell I'm bisexual but is there any way to 'update' my character? I'll pay for a higher tier if I have to, I'd just prefer the character be accurate. Anyone else feel the same?

Ykara

You'd pay money for your character not being gay? o.O
Apart from this, as far as I know it's completely random what trait a character has, he has the same chance being a cannibal as being gay. I don't think that you can change the entire system to fit your needs.

Ekarus

Quote from: Ykara on April 10, 2016, 11:43:09 AM
You'd pay money for your character not being gay? o.O
Apart from this, as far as I know it's completely random what trait a character has, he has the same chance being a cannibal as being gay. I don't think that you can change the entire system to fit your needs.

Truth be told I'd pay just to get the background I wanted when I first backed, I was unemployed back then and back'd with plasma donation money, I've got a job and money to burn now... XD
My previous statement was pretty poorly worded in retrospect, couldn't think of how to politely say "I wanna pick my romantic interest because I feel even though I didn't pay for a tier that allowed picking of traits I feel I should be allowed to pick my romantic interest" 

Regardless, I do think if your going to allow people to pick their character's gender 'romantic interest' should probably be included.

milon

Unless I'm mistaken, Traits are separate from character backgrounds and may be rolled randomly. That means your background could say anything about sexual orientation which may conflict with the traits the character has or doesn't have.  But I could be mistaken.  ;)

cultist

Quote from: milon on April 20, 2016, 01:19:53 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Traits are separate from character backgrounds and may be rolled randomly. That means your background could say anything about sexual orientation which may conflict with the traits the character has or doesn't have.  But I could be mistaken.  ;)

There may be a hidden modifier of some sort, but AFAIK any pawn can have any trait assigned randomly at creation. Which is how I ended up with a blind, demented, Bad back Frail 90-year old nudist(!) Emmie the sex slave once, which was kind of funny.

"For God's sake Emmie, put some clothes on! Nobody wants to see that."  :o
"But I feel so free and unrestri... *trips and breaks hip*.

Vaporisor

Quote from: cultist on April 30, 2016, 06:39:20 AM

There may be a hidden modifier of some sort, but AFAIK any pawn can have any trait assigned randomly at creation. Which is how I ended up with a blind, demented, Bad back Frail 90-year old nudist(!) Emmie the sex slave once, which was kind of funny.

"For God's sake Emmie, put some clothes on! Nobody wants to see that."  :o
"But I feel so free and unrestri... *trips and breaks hip*.

Is Emmie yours or is she just one of the more famous characters?  Is a main character in my current one.

On topic though, when you are in the character creation guidelines it says specifically that we only create background for the character.  Traits and how the character is 'today' is driven by the game.  It is part of the background creation in stating that backgrounds cannot state what a person is (ie, handsome, rich, etc) as it can conflict with what exists when the character spawns.

I am glad we could upgrade our accounts.  I am trying to make an interesting one so hope it goes through.  Looking forward to the first time I encounter my character ^.^
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes