[A17] Enhanced Development - Poll About Steam A18

Started by Jaxxa, April 16, 2016, 02:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Steam Workshop Mods have a separate entries for each Alpha Release or a single entry that gets updated?

After the Official Release update the existing Entry of mods to the new release
47 (59.5%)
Create a new Mod Entry for each Alpha
32 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 79

laser_man6

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 19, 2016, 01:31:55 AM
Quote from: Miner_239 on June 18, 2016, 04:09:30 PM
Um, Jaxxa, you got the description for Power Cells mixed up.

Anyway, thank you so much for responding to my request.

"charging discarges a powercell and produces power"

What description is mixed up exactly?

Miner_239

Quote from: Jaxxa on April 16, 2016, 02:47:36 AM
Charging mode will take an adjacent Charged Power Cell and turn it into a Discharged Power Cell, while consuming power.
Discharging mode will take an adjacent Discharged Power Cell and turn it into a Charged Power Cell, while producing power.
That. Discharging puts power into cells, while producing power?!

Lady Wolf

Any word on when a Combat Realism compatible version of the nano shield mod will be released?

Jaxxa

Thanks, I will update the description.

Quote from: Lady Wolf on June 21, 2016, 10:14:56 AM
Any word on when a Combat Realism compatible version of the nano shield mod will be released?

I am not aware of an specific bugs preventing nano shields from working with Combat Realism, although
I have not tested it. If you have tried it and are having issues please report it.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 21, 2016, 08:05:49 PM
I am not aware of an specific bugs preventing nano shields from working with Combat Realism, although
I have not tested it. If you have tried it and are having issues please report it.

I saw it mentioned a few pages back that the shields don't work with combat realism because the projectiles travel too fast for the shield to register?

Having tested it myself I noticed that the shield does not register incoming damage despite taking damage (The number will stay at 225 so you have no idea how damaged the shield is) and will then "break" after taking a certain amount of damage.

Nanao-kun

Quote from: Lady Wolf on June 21, 2016, 11:48:56 PM
Quote from: Jaxxa on June 21, 2016, 08:05:49 PM

I saw it mentioned a few pages back that the shields don't work with combat realism because the projectiles travel too fast for the shield to register?

Having tested it myself I noticed that the shield does not register incoming damage despite taking damage (The number will stay at 225 so you have no idea how damaged the shield is) and will then "break" after taking a certain amount of damage.

There are two shield mods. ED-Shields which used to have the problem, and ED-PersonalNanoShields. The former is a big bubble shield.

Jaxxa

Nanao-kun is Right as far as I ama ware all of those issues were relating to ED-Shields not ED-PersonalNanoShields.

QuoteHaving tested it myself I noticed that the shield does not register incoming damage despite taking damage (The number will stay at 225 so you have no idea how damaged the shield is) and will then "break" after taking a certain amount of damage.

Can you give me some more details and confirm if that is happening consistently. This is the first I have been told about this and I have not been able to replicate it.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 23, 2016, 07:01:26 PM
Can you give me some more details and confirm if that is happening consistently. This is the first I have been told about this and I have not been able to replicate it.

It's with the personal nano shield, when you click on the nano upgrade piece on the ground to add a shield to a colonist it adds the wearable nano shield so it appears next the draft button of 0/255 (or whatever.) That number is what is not going down when damaged.

I did notice a smaller counter appearing above the colonists name 255/255 etc. which does give an accurate recording of the shields status/level.

So the shield is actually working as intended from what I can see, it's just the display next to the colonist draft button that's not working properly.

Jaxxa

Strange, I have not been able to replicate that. Is it happening without any other mods installed.

Miner_239

Jaxxa, reinforced stuff is priced almost the same as regular stuff in trading, leading to exploiting by trading regular stuff for reinforced stuff without much work. Care to fix?

Jaxxa

Ok, I will look into that.
I would prefer to remove it from trading than just increasing the cost.

Seikikai

I Would Like To Know How The Animal Personal Shield Mod Works Because I Don't Know What To Do :1

Minnigin

Quote from: Seikikai on July 03, 2016, 09:36:48 PM
I Would Like To Know How The Animal Personal Shield Mod Works Because I Don't Know What To Do :1

Once you have an upgrade station made any animal that goes near it will charge its shield, the shields for animals unlock along side the colonist ones

Seikikai

Quote from: Minnigin on July 03, 2016, 10:28:23 PM
Once you have an upgrade station made any animal that goes near it will charge its shield, the shields for animals unlock along side the colonist ones

But How I Can Equip Animals With The Shields?

Minnigin

Quote from: Seikikai on July 04, 2016, 06:11:52 PM
But How I Can Equip Animals With The Shields?

Once you have the upgrade station built the animals will automatically have shields on, they just need to go near the station to charge