[A13]Arbitration: Realistic Research - Overhaul, modpack, vehicles 06/13 v0.07

Started by jackarbiter, April 20, 2016, 09:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

Dynastiew

I'm having great fun with this mod :), problem is i too suffer from lag and i don't know why.
My config:
I5 4590
8Go ram
Gtx 970

I usually play Hardcore Sk with 400x400 (i'm on a 325x325 on Arbitration since i started an other game on 400x400 but it was unplayable) and i never lagged before. It started the very first day so even before any vehicle pop, is there an option to delete every animal on the map, to see if the animal are the cause ?

Bonkus72

Thanks for the update, everything is running quite a bit smoother now.  Before I couldn't play on any speed but 1 unless the animals were asleep, and now i can crank things up to 3 and it runs fine.

jackarbiter

Thanks Bonkus, good to know.

Guys, did you download 0.04? I just put it up last night. It should be better.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Fafn1r

Been playing this for a while - I'm impressed. :D Haven't got very far with the research yet, but it's one of the best Rimworld overhauls / mod packs I've ever played.

Got some questions and feedback.

• Is there a way to effectively use solar chimneys? I put one in my early storage/workshop and it barely does anything. Keeping doors open during the night is more effective at reducing temperature than them.
  • Agave and berry bush removing/harvesting time seems a bit harsh.
  • Stacked earth defenses are too good. Any completely impassable structures that can be shot through are too good.
  • I don't really see a point of using old historical guns and cannons. Tribals can be defeated with crossbows and dead pirates always leave enough guns and ammo to deal with another wave. I also have few sniper rifles and EMP shotgun pellets to deal with mechanoids if they appear, fingers crossed. ;D
  • Visitors sometimes spawn with loadout generators. It may be a conflict with Hospitality.
  • Are you going to integrate more mods into this? Fluffy's UI mods at least, pretty please?

EDIT: Hubris. Here we go.

Grogfeld

Hi! I've tested new build and must say performance goes through the roof compared to previous :D Also great work with BBStreams Tools for haul implementation. I don't know how but you managed to fix bugs with carts and looping haulers.

No conflict (for now) with NoCleaning Please, Storage Search, Hospitality, EdB mods, Fluffy UI mods ( new tabs with Dwarf Fortress style work tab is a must have ), HaulPriority.

Edit: I noticed that coal furnace with 0 fuel is producing heat. Outside is -7 and inside there are 2 rooms with vent and temperature fluctuate near 28 deg. C. 

Quote from: Nimander on May 27, 2016, 01:45:39 PM
Stacked earth defenses are too good. Any completely impassable structures that can be shot through are too good.

Agree. I actually thought it was just wall but when my hunter started to shoot through I was surprised, then I've looked into description tab and yes, actually it is a defensive rampart. 0.5 fill percentage, so a really week cover. 

Nimander what version of Hospitality do you have? I don't have any problems with visitors, actually now I get even those visitors who sell something.

Justas love

extreme desert, the normal and the snowy biomes are the no or less lag biomes

Amariithynar

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 27, 2016, 01:34:11 PM

When I try to use this modpack, I keep getting errors on loading map, and output_log.txt has this to say (often repeated verbatim several times over):

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
Could not execute post-long-event action. Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.VerbTracker.get_PrimaryVerb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.CompEquippable.get_PrimaryVerb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.CompFireModes.get_verb () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.CompFireModes.InitAvailableFireModes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This kept happening with Combat Realism as well until I got the latest build from the new coder for it off github, so i don't know what exactly is causing it; I've tried creating new loadouts on landing and saving them, tried altering the "nothing" loadout to have "something", also no dice. Are you using an older build of CR than that available on the github page or something?

Grogfeld

Quote from: Amariithynar on May 27, 2016, 04:18:35 PM
(...) Are you using an older build of CR than that available on the github page or something?

I think he uses 1.6.5 because Pawns drop item on the ground when it's not on the loadout list. Actually I don't like that, but it fixes many issues with AI factions so nothing to complain.

Dynastiew

Quote from: jackarbiter on May 27, 2016, 01:34:11 PM

Just updated to 0.04 and it works flawlessly i quite regret launching a 325x325 (too small) now xD.

I love the cart, i'm very impressed it fit well with the game, the wheel actually turn and it's actually filled graphicly when there's something in it, very good job :).

Fafn1r

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 27, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
Nimander what version of Hospitality do you have? I don't have any problems with visitors, actually now I get even those visitors who sell something.

I'm running latest version. Eh, it's not really a problem. Just some visitors spawned 3 out of 30 times with loadout generator dummy items instead of ammo.

By the way, what mods are confirmed compatibile with this one?

Grogfeld

Quote from: Nimander on May 27, 2016, 05:45:31 PM
By the way, what mods are confirmed compatibile with this one?

Probably non. This modpack overwrites so many stuff that it will be hard to find something without compatibility issues and it has everything in one folder so it's even harder to search. Well, maybe UI mods would be fine. There are changes to factions (so no new faction mod), body parts (EPOE is implemented), surgery types, many changes to AI. Actually every major mod was added and adjusted to modpack purpose so nothing is needed.

I'm playing with set of mods which I've listed before, and i don't need anything else.

Prismaa

Hmm anyone else having issues with people you save stays just wandering around in your base/close by and eventually they collapse due hunger or exhaustion etc, they seem never try to leave map like normally. Using newest version.

Zorathex

Quote from: ZorathexHold on are you the same Jack arbiter as the YouTube channel? If so that's awesome I'm one of your subscribers.

Quote from: JackarbiterI accidentally have a youtube channel with 12 subscribers because of some of the videos I put up for my fallout 4 mods. So if you're one of the 12, that's REALLY random :D

But most likely you are thinking of someone else maybe?

Controllable Lowered Weapons is one of you're mods right? I used to look around using screen names, so I could learn more about the people behind the mods I like, I stopped doing so a while ago, I hope I'm not being nosy. :)

Dynastiew

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 27, 2016, 04:01:22 PM
No conflict (for now) with NoCleaning Please, Storage Search, Hospitality, EdB mods, Fluffy UI mods ( new tabs with Dwarf Fortress style work tab is a must have ), HaulPriority.

Would you know if i could implement all those mods without starting a new save?