[A13] SkilledBuilder (07.06.16)

Started by shadwar, May 02, 2016, 06:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stigma

Needs A14 update!
(and also this is one of those QoL type of things that should be included in the core game eventually)

Actually there are a lot of really good mods that don't break balance but just makes things better, less annoying ect.
I hope (and assume) Tynan is taking in the best ideas fur future versions.

-Stigma

Master Bucketsmith

So I was feeling adventurous and wanted to see if I could update this to A14.
Had a look at the modfiles, but it seems this is a dll mod.
I've got zero idea how to even begin updating this to A14. :(

stigma

Quote from: Bucketsmith on July 29, 2016, 05:42:25 AM
So I was feeling adventurous and wanted to see if I could update this to A14.
Had a look at the modfiles, but it seems this is a dll mod.
I've got zero idea how to even begin updating this to A14. :(

I suppose DLLs are compiled like most code - and it is very hard to figure out the code from the compiled file?
In practice I guess that means we need the author to either update himself, share the code, or for someone else do re-do the work?

Either way I really hope someone gets on this. It is such a useful mod and alleviates a lot of inefficiency/micromanagement.
It helps so much when you can let many people help in the brunt of constructing but still let your expert do the important quality stuff.

-Stigma

astralbooze

stigma

Bumping to keep the dream alive! The game needs this functionality.

-Stigma

Hatti

Should be fixed.

This is the SkillbuilderOn Version.
http://ul.to/905jgggb

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Hatti on August 09, 2016, 01:51:38 PM
Should be fixed.

That's a huge increase in filesize for just an update.

Ramsis

Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 09, 2016, 01:56:47 PM
Should be fixed.

At the moment I'm not seeing anything to prove the update is malicious but at the same time I'm going to let some other folks test it first who might be better at detection than I am.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Master Bucketsmith

Quote from: Ramsis on August 09, 2016, 02:04:07 PM
Quote from: Bucketsmith on August 09, 2016, 01:56:47 PM
Should be fixed.

At the moment I'm not seeing anything to prove the update is malicious but at the same time I'm going to let some other folks test it first who might be better at detection than I am.
Well, I certainly don't want to look like a jackass for pointing it out! :(
Better safe than sorry is a well used motto in IT security. :-X

Ramsis

Yo dawg I can dig it! Safety first, it's not like Hatti is a well known modder or poster on the forums so I'd throw caution around as well; everyone on here should.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

eskoONE

id like to know too if this one is safe.

milon

I tested the download.

The download site has FREE and PREMIUM options - apparently their members get faster downloads without waiting 30 seconds and seeing ads of questionable SFW-ness.  Hmm...

The file itself is a .rar file with a typical mod structure.  Note that it *does* contain an Assemblies folder and a .dll file that was last modified today.  I did not unpack the .rar, but scanned it with Microsoft Security Essentials.  No threats were found, but MSE only looks for *known* malicious code and doesn't (to my knowledge) do any heuristics to look for potential malicious or unknown malicious code.  I didn't investigate any further.

Hatti

The increased file size could be cause it is a debug compile. There isn´t anything modified except the not correct decompiled source and of course modifications to work with A14.
You can decompile my and the original assembly to look at the differences if you wanna know

I uploaded it to ul.to cause i dont have a dropbox account.

i´ve done the work cause i love this mod and i love to watch spartyon7´s stream and she wanted this mod too.

Elysium

It looks like your ModHelperDef is incorrect, it should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Defs>
    <CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef>
        <defName>SkilledBuilder</defName>
        <ModName>Skilled Builder</ModName>
        <minCCLVersion>0.14.1</minCCLVersion>

<Designators>
      <li>
        <designatorClass>SkilledBuilder._Designator_SkilledBuilder</designatorClass>
        <designationCategoryDef>Orders</designationCategoryDef>
      </li>
      <li>
        <designatorClass>SkilledBuilder._Designator_UnSkilledBuilder</designatorClass>
        <designationCategoryDef>Orders</designationCategoryDef>
      </li>
    </Designators>
    </CommunityCoreLibrary.ModHelperDef>
</Defs>

Elysium

While I can appreciate the concern of others, it does seem a bit tinfoil-hatish.  As far as I can tell, aside from the issue I posted above, this mod is working perfectly.  I applaud you Hatti, great job.