Has anyone actually recovered a kidnapped colonist?

Started by Goldenpotatoes, May 03, 2016, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldenpotatoes

I know pawns stay persistent and are put into a pool to be pulled from as they come and go, but has anyone actually ever found a pawn that was kidnapped during a raid later on a playthrough?

Khrowe

Not yet.  I have seen pirates/tribals who I have released come back and raid some more.  They kinda stand out when I give them two peg legs.

exelsiar

I wonder if the enemies ever recruit said captured colonists, if so, perhaps we'd be able to get them back through them attacking?

Pickle

Nope. I wish I could call the ennemy faction and pay to have them back, that would be cool.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Khrowe on May 03, 2016, 12:43:01 PM
Not yet.  I have seen pirates/tribals who I have released come back and raid some more.  They kinda stand out when I give them two peg legs.

Ahaha. That's a clever way to make enemy raids mostly harmless. It probably counts like a proper raider.

I've seen a 101 year old tribal grandpa in a raid. They fled before he reached the battlefield. Cataract, Cataract, Frail, Dementia, Alzheimer and something else.

firescythe

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 03, 2016, 05:55:28 PM
Quote from: Khrowe on May 03, 2016, 12:43:01 PM

Ahaha. That's a clever way to make enemy raids mostly harmless. It probably counts like a proper raider.

I've seen a 101 year old tribal grandpa in a raid. They fled before he reached the battlefield. Cataract, Cataract, Frail, Dementia, Alzheimer and something else.

Had a huge laugh over here, guys :D thumbs up

Travinsky

I have yet to see it but then again, I'm really persistent about recovering colonists in the process of being kidnapped. I may have to let a couple get taken just to see if they return in a coming raid.

"Guys! Help me, they're taking me! Why are you just standing there?"
"We want to test all the features of the new Alpha release!"
"I understand"

viperwasp

Does anyone else agree with me that it would be cool that if a captured colonist that has an overall higher rating with your colony. Compared to the colony that captured them there should be a chance that the moment they meet up in combat with your colony that they would automatically join back up? 

It would probably calculate and tally all of the positive relationship points with your colony VS the abduction colony. And toss a random chance based on the calculation. So lets use the name "Bob" as an abducted colonist. If Bob comes in a raiding party. The moment hes within range of a turret or colonist and maybe fired upon he will automatically switch sides. And you would get an alert colonist joined back etc.

Reasons I like this? It can make it more realistic and interesting. It gives more meaning to the relationship system. If people are captured from your colony when you where doing poor they probably won't miss your colony and won't want to come back.

I would say the calculation would need to be based either on there overall opinion of your existing colony members and or there average mood while being a colonist VS there opinion and mood of the raiders colony who captured them.

P.S You can even have a special event that if you have Comms console that your colonist if they PASS the join back up check. They call moments before the raid and give you a warning saying they are coming to raid. And he plans to join warning you not to fire on him and he will join the moment combat starts. And if you really want it to be awesome. You can have a random chance of the colonist giving you intel about the upcoming raid. Numbers, equipment... And the amount of details your given could be reflective of the social skill of the colonist that was captured because someone with more social could gather more intel and find a more cleaver way of warning you etc.  Complicated but fun idea.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Zem

It certainly works with released prisoners.  ;D
I think i know this raider attacking my base...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Travinsky

I made a mental note of the topic. My colony was just raided by a former colonist who captured. I didn't see any notifications for this so it might have happened to guys without realizing it. I made sure to down him the fight and when I captured him, he had a recruitment difficulty of 30. I'm not sure if that is specific to him, or if all former colonists have that difficulty. He was a spacer who I captured (Escape pod) so that value might just be specific to him and not say, a recruit tribal who gets kidnapped then later captured once more.

Vaporisor

Quote from: Travinsky on May 16, 2016, 01:05:27 AM
I made a mental note of the topic. My colony was just raided by a former colonist who captured. I didn't see any notifications for this so it might have happened to guys without realizing it. I made sure to down him the fight and when I captured him, he had a recruitment difficulty of 30. I'm not sure if that is specific to him, or if all former colonists have that difficulty. He was a spacer who I captured (Escape pod) so that value might just be specific to him and not say, a recruit tribal who gets kidnapped then later captured once more.

That is good to hear.  Definitely be something nice to add to the notifications "Former Colonist" flag just like family members are.
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes