[A17] Balancing Act | A game-balancing mod

Started by Nattiejim, May 10, 2016, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSS

Quote from: 1000101 on May 10, 2016, 07:32:57 PMwhy would smaller things take more resources???
The same reason it takes more milligrams to make up a kilogram than it takes grams to make up a kilogram.

If a single gold resource is 1/20th the size of a single steel resource, then it makes sense it would take 20x more gold resources to make an object in gold instead of steel.

Nattiejim

Quote from: SSS on May 30, 2016, 12:17:27 AM
Quote from: 1000101 on May 10, 2016, 07:32:57 PMwhy would smaller things take more resources???
The same reason it takes more milligrams to make up a kilogram than it takes grams to make up a kilogram.

If a single gold resource is 1/20th the size of a single steel resource, then it makes sense it would take 20x more gold resources to make an object in gold instead of steel.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

However, I'm still looking into the alleged imbalance in the market's prices. It may take a bit as I haven't pinpointed the file controlling the prices yet, but I'm working on it.
Hello there! | Creator of the Balancing Act mod

Nattiejim

Updated for A14!
I updated the mod for A14. Also, upon request on the roadmap, I increased the value of beer a bit.

Please let me know if anything is not working properly - this was a relatively quick and dirty update so I wouldn't be surprised. Also, Steam release is happening shortly!

Nattiejim

Mod updated... again.
I received a report today that dead bodies were mysteriously disappearing. I've confirmed and fixed this, so if you've experienced this bug, please update the mod again.

I also balanced out the new "staggeringly ugly" opinion hit, which was ridiculous (-80 right off the bat? Really?)

Anyway, the bug should be fixed. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

notfood

Ah, please do tell, what was the source of the dissappearing dead bodies bug? I've been experiencing it a lot (I haven't played Balancing Act yet).

Nattiejim

Quote from: notfood on July 17, 2016, 12:31:32 AM
Ah, please do tell, what was the source of the dissappearing dead bodies bug? I've been experiencing it a lot (I haven't played Balancing Act yet).
The issue here was in either Thoughts_Memory_Misc or Thoughts_Situation_Social. Once I patched those, the issue appeared to be fixed.

lilymortis

Odd little bug, but I downloaded the lite version and it seemed to stop my colonists sleeping. The wee mites were still running around working at 2am. Took the mod off, and ...fixed. I don't have the original one on, I assumed it was unnecessary?

Nattiejim

Quote from: lilymortis on July 17, 2016, 07:04:07 PM
Odd little bug, but I downloaded the lite version and it seemed to stop my colonists sleeping. The wee mites were still running around working at 2am. Took the mod off, and ...fixed. I don't have the original one on, I assumed it was unnecessary?
You only need one version or the other. Your setup is fine.

As for the bug, I need more information as I cannot reproduce it. (Timetable? Sleep need of the colonists?)

Thank you!

lilymortis

Sleep timetable is unchanged from start so 10pm until 5am, the beds are also original, so from shoddy to superior, there's a whole mix in there. Also running hospitality, ccl, ccl vanilla tweaks, RW's enhanced tabs and medical info. I'm not on steam btw.

Nattiejim

EnhancedTabs? That has not been updated for A14 yet. Perhaps that's somehow causing this issue?

I'm afraid there's not much I can do for you. I disabled every mod I had (save for CCL and BalancingAct Lite), started a new colony with the default timetable, and waited. When the sleeping time hit, everyone finished up what they were doing and got into bed like normal.

lilymortis

Sorry, it says enhanced tabs on the download file but it's actually animal tabs.

Nattiejim

Quote from: lilymortis on July 17, 2016, 08:51:11 PM
Sorry, it says enhanced tabs on the download file but it's actually animal tabs.

I'm sorry - I still cannot reproduce the bug. Perhaps try putting the mod near the top and seeing how that goes? As unlikely as it may seem, sometimes mod order is responsible for conflicts that cause errors.

player

Hi im getting an error when I start the game with the lite version of the mod.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Components found to give to Verse.ThingCount (10x null)
Cannot call itemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

then repeats this three more times.

lilymortis

I'll try that, cheers

Edit, now fixed, thanks  :)

Nattiejim

Quote from: player on July 18, 2016, 04:20:47 AM
Hi im getting an error when I start the game with the lite version of the mod.

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.ThingDef named Components found to give to Verse.ThingCount (10x null)
Cannot call itemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

then repeats this three more times.

If it's not interfering with anything, don't worry. I'll have a look, but this may have to wait for a major update to be fixed if it's not doing anything besides the errors. Thank you for your patience!

Quote from: lilymortis on July 18, 2016, 09:49:22 AM
I'll try that, cheers

Edit, now fixed, thanks  :)

Good to hear! Enjoy the mod!