[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conconman118

when starting a new colony it says "config error in tribal trader: cheapest weapon with one of my weapontags cost 82 but weaponmoney min is 60, so could end up weaponless" then brings me back to the start

Diana Winters

Looks neat, but I'll wait for it to be further along in development before I pick it up (mostly waiting for Combat Realism compatibility!). I'll be eagerly awaiting further development. c:

Wivex

Quote from: Pactrick Willis on June 07, 2016, 06:22:59 PM
Any Idea on a ETA for the next update?

I don't want to do small updates, since adding new features will cause saves incompatibility. The optimal solution would be monthly updates, with the current mod state.  The next RA version will be released by the end of June.

Quote from: Pactrick Willis on June 07, 2016, 06:22:59 PM
Oh, Btw, I'm a musician and a composer, and if you want some custom music in your mod, I'd be more than willing to help. I may not be able to do it full time, but I can definitely do some songs.

It would be awesome, though i haven't made any plans for the music yet. We could discuss the details in PM.

Quote from: conconman118 on June 07, 2016, 10:31:47 PM
when starting a new colony it says "config error in tribal trader: cheapest weapon with one of my weapontags cost 82 but weaponmoney min is 60, so could end up weaponless" then brings me back to the start

It's actually a warning, not an error (meaning it should not break the game). The reason for that is that trader stock (items variety and amounts) is not properly done yet. We'll make a proper caravan stock and schedule (as well as bugfixes) in the next mod version. But the whole caravan system will be remade afterwards, with introduction of the new faction relations system.

Quote from: Diana Winters on June 08, 2016, 12:37:17 AM
Looks neat, but I'll wait for it to be further along in development before I pick it up (mostly waiting for Combat Realism compatibility!).

Yeah, CR integration is one of our goals now. With all the changes we want to add there (mostly the core mechanics, like flat damage reduction system, instead of vanilla % reduction) it would require some time. I hope it will be fully done in the next RA version, but if not, some portion of it will be done for sure (we don't just take CR as it is and make it compatibile with RA. We take individual features we like there, tweak if we must, and implement one by one).

Diana Winters

Quote from: Wivex on June 08, 2016, 03:04:22 AM
Yeah, CR integration is one of our goals now. With all the changes we want to add there (mostly the core mechanics, like flat damage reduction system, instead of vanilla % reduction) it would require some time. I hope it will be fully done in the next RA version, but if not, some portion of it will be done for sure (we don't just take CR as it is and make it compatibile with RA. We take individual features we like there, tweak if we must, and implement one by one).

Excellent :D
Anything I, someone with minimal coding knowledge, can do to help the process along? Playtesting, perhaps? I'd definitely be willing to help with something like that c:
I ~might~ be able to help with artwork, but nothing too fancy :/

Greatganji

this mod looks great, however i have a problem. occasionally the UI will disappear and i cant do anything. :'(

Wivex

Could you tell me when excactly does that happen? i've tried to make it happen myself, but never managed to do so.

Justas love

Quote from: Wivex on June 08, 2016, 09:12:43 AM
Could you tell me when excactly does that happen? i've tried to make it happen myself, but never managed to do so.
This happened to me when i put down my first building blueprint. I don't paly the mod now cause im exausted of constantly restarting colonies

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Wivex on June 08, 2016, 09:12:43 AM

Do you have a save file where this happens? If not I can provide.

Wivex

it's not save related, i'll try to run a few playtests myself to figure the reason out.

SmartererThanYou

Quote from: Wivex on June 08, 2016, 04:11:22 PM
it's not save related, i'll try to run a few playtests myself to figure the reason out.

I thought that it wasn't :p I'm just seeing if help could be given.

joshwoo69

oh that UI testing...

can i ask how did you do that and a save file to replicate?

Kumai0214

I also have an issue with my game and I have no idea what's going on. All I have active mod wise is Core(obviously) and RA. However, when I start a game I get 5 people (this isn't the issue) but after I get the guide and read it to unlock the basic recipes, my pawns decide to fill up the blueprints with their respective resources but never finish it.

Wivex

You need multitool from one of the crashed drop pods nearby to build anything.

Trigon

I'm really enjoying this so far. The only thing that I miss really is that I can't use vegetable garden or prepare carefully. Are there any plans to make these compatible with RA? Because already RA is pretty much the exact style and pace I want.

Kumai0214

Quote from: Wivex on June 10, 2016, 03:56:48 PM
You need multitool from one of the crashed drop pods nearby to build anything.
Ooooh.. I feel like an idiot now hahaha. Alright, back to rimworld for me then. Thanks for that tip.