[A13] [OVERHAUL] [WIP] Rimworld Ascension v1.0.1 (23.04.16)

Started by Wivex, May 22, 2016, 07:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NephilimNexus

Just a hint from a retired kitchen manager:

Cooking anything at 500C = Lump of smouldering carbon.  That's 932F.  You're halfway to the melting point of iron right there.  165F (75C) is enough to sterilize food, and never in my life was ever called upon to turn an oven or grill up past 500F (260C) for anything.  Also, the whole point of charcoal is that it retains high temperatures for long periods of time without needing constant top-ups.

I mention this for the sake of realism as well as reducing the work-grind on that grill of yours.  Should be easy to fix, yes?

Wivex

Quote from: Kumai0214 on June 10, 2016, 05:28:45 PM
Ooooh.. I feel like an idiot now hahaha. Alright, back to rimworld for me then. Thanks for that tip.

Don't bother that much about that, cause it's not a "playable" build yet. The whole purpose of this announcement was to gather a team (which i did). The dev process has just begun (although i've started working on this mod since last September (-_-) ).

Quote from: Trigon on June 10, 2016, 05:21:09 PM
I'm really enjoying this so far. The only thing that I miss really is that I can't use vegetable garden or prepare carefully. Are there any plans to make these compatible with RA? Because already RA is pretty much the exact style and pace I want.

CR features will be partially implemented with major changes. Some plants, recipes and mechanics from vegetable garden will be implemented too. But farming will take it's toll mostly in medieval stage, which is currently in development.

Quote from: NephilimNexus on June 10, 2016, 05:50:18 PM
Cooking anything at 500C = Lump of smouldering carbon.  That's 932F.  You're halfway to the melting point of iron right there.  165F (75C) is enough to sterilize food, and never in my life was ever called upon to turn an oven or grill up past 500F (260C) for anything.  Also, the whole point of charcoal is that it retains high temperatures for long periods of time without needing constant top-ups.

Those are balancing issues, yes. I haven't made "proper" temperature scaling, fuel consume time and stuff like that for the burners. But thanks for the info, i'll make myself a mark. Btw, the temperature in the burner (campfire included) show it's central heat point temperature, to determine if it's high enough to be operational (cooking would require ~ 150C, i think). And speaking of charcoal, i'd like to add it as special fuel type too, which could be made out of wood, but burns slower. So you invest in saving your wood fuel stock by spending your pawns work time.

notlim

For some reason, both Medicine and Cloth(from cotton plants) can't be selected in stockpile settings. Even having the stockpile "select all", those two stay red 'x's so they can't be hauled anywhere when found. Any idea on how to fix this? I also noticed both healroot and xerigium is in, but that doesn't seem to cause any actual issues.

Wivex

The thing filter itself is being reworked, so some things are curretly not there at all. That's why you can't see them in the list.

Btw, we might release medieval stage with tweaked neolithic by the end of June. With a few more gameplay features and tweaks. As well as all already found bugs fixed. Not sure about CR implementation by that time though, cause i'm the only programmer atm.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Wivex on June 12, 2016, 06:26:48 PM
The thing filter itself is being reworked, so some things are curretly not there at all. That's why you can't see them in the list.

Btw, we might release medieval stage with tweaked neolithic by the end of June. With a few more gameplay features and tweaks. As well as all already found bugs fixed. Not sure about CR implementation by that time though, cause i'm the only programmer atm.

Hopefully A14 doesn't throw too big of a wrench in your program. Are you going to immediately move to A14 or will you try to finish whatever project portion you are working with in A13 first?

Tapkevich

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 12, 2016, 06:41:41 PM
Hopefully A14 doesn't throw too big of a wrench in your program. Are you going to immediately move to A14 or will you try to finish whatever project portion you are working with in A13 first?
There is no real point to develope mod for old version of the game, so ye we will immediatly move to A14.

Wivex

Hmm, guys, i need your feedback for one matter. We are currently working on too many things at the moment, and since most of them rely on me (i'm actually working on all defs and code alone atm), the dev process is slower than expected. Anyway, core of medieval tech stage has already been made. Here's a list of various changes been done so far:

- all vanilla plants redefined
- plant designators change
- tool system tweaks
- game start event tweaks
- added meteorites to spawn some cobble stones
- added parka
- added clay plant pot
- chnaged torch texture
- added neolithic table
- added animal/human sleeping spots
- made neolithic beds buildable, instead of craftable
- added double hide bed
- replaced neolithic hammer texture to hatchet from NeoTech
- added turtle helm from NeoTech
- added flint sword from NeoTech
- added turtle shell item as butcher yield
- added cobble road
- added clay/sand textures
- added chop wood icon
- added collect clay/sand designators textures
- fixed stone subtype stuffs (not balanced)
- build designator now assigns available on map resource type as default, instead of random one
- stone processing into cobbles and blocks now works properly (but A12 style, without "do until ..." available)
- added increase/decrease range gizmo textures
- added coal (no way to acquire it yet)
- added brew
- changed wood log texture
- added various medieval armor from Ish Medieval mods
- added wood planks
- made brick as stone block subtype
- added metal bars
- made flying debris random
- changed kiln texture
- changed armor system to flat damage reduction and added armor penetration stat to weapons
- made flying debris random
- changed kiln texture
- changed armor system to flat damage reduction and added armor penetration stat to weapons
- craters now spawn rock bottom beneath them
- added soil cultivation option for growing zones (require shovel)
- changed clay/sand designation icon
- changed mine designation icon
- made fuel mechanic comp based
- fixed palisade texture and linking
- added charcoal
- added mulch
- added ash
- changed stone chunks textures
- added leather strips
- added wooden neolithic stone/table
- added all required medieval/neolithic research defs

Current state of research tree, as a bonus.

So, the question i want to ask you is: should we release another update without proper gameplay and fully working things and mechanics before A14, or make a proper update after a month or two? There are too many things that need to be done properly and they would require considerable amount of time to implement.

RoughPebble

Oooo that's a hard one. I am leaning towards another release now but I think I am being selfish.

BlackSmokeDMax

If you think us finding any problems now will help, I'd say shoot out another update. If you don't think you'll be able to get any of those fixes in place before A14 drops, maybe hold off.

Wivex

Ofc, bug reports would come in handy. And suggestions on changing things. I'm personally for the pre-A14 update too, but want to know other opinions too.

rimworldman

Is it normal they doesnt want to build thing after 5 min..? They set ressource but they aren't building the table, etc..

http://prntscr.com/bkhk4e

I'ave get only one mod avec.. Core and Ascension.. I restarted 8 times my game and they are not. I create an other world and map and it's still not working, can someone tell me what i did wrong? :s

Wivex

You need tools for building job. 2 multitools could be dound in drop pods crashed nearby.

Wivex

Quote from: Canute on June 24, 2016, 11:56:13 AM
Argl. why this tool thing ? Why can't use any colonist a invisible multitool belt what give a 80% overall workspeed?

I've been thinking about various ways of improving the tool system, like making some types of buildings and "tool based jobs" not require tool, but making tool only provide bonus to the job speed. I kust couldn't find a proper universal way to do that. Now i good solution for this problem came to me.  ;)

Quote from: Canute on June 24, 2016, 11:56:13 AM
Does the colonist automaticly switch to weapons on a attack ?

if it was carrying any weapon before, yes (in the new update at least, cause the inventory system has been implemented there).

RoughPebble

Quick question: Do you plan on incorporating something like the EDB UI portraits for the colonists? I find it super helpful so I don't have to search all over the map for my colonists.

Wivex

Quote from: RoughPebble on June 24, 2016, 02:46:39 PM
Quick question: Do you plan on incorporating something like the EDB UI portraits for the colonists? I find it super helpful so I don't have to search all over the map for my colonists.

There will be something like that, yes.