[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HolyWinter

Thanks a lot for posting the tags!

I had no idea Seasons was one...
I'll definitely have to keep that in mind.
My Mods:
♫ Rimusic ♫
Find me on Steam and also follow my curator page!
My Steam Page.
~Holy

Justas love

The way the drums sound lmfao! good tracks but try to edit that

milon

I didn't know about the tags either. My auto-doc just pulls together all the Vanilla uses, and I make assumptions/observations from there. :)

OrbitalSP3

Peppsen

Quote from: Justas love on June 09, 2016, 02:41:42 PM
The way the drums sound lmfao! good tracks but try to edit that
I'm not quite sure what you mean, could you please specify?

Quote from: OrbitalSP3 on June 09, 2016, 09:55:55 PM
Is the volume still low ingame?
Yes, it will be fixed by A14

Justas love

jst compare your drum sound with vanilla and u will see what i don't like about it

Im a drummer and in metal drums are probably my nr1 thing to judge

Peppsen

You still didn't tell me what you think is "wrong" with the drums. If you're a drummer you must be able to be more specific.

I know the drums aren't 100% alike the soundtrack but that's not what I'm aiming for and I like how the drums are now, especially in the second song. If you check my soundcloud you can hear that in most of my songs, drums are really loud and the leading factor, this is just how I like to make my music and this mod was basically meant for me anyway. I can assure you that I'm my biggest fan and I make the music mostly for myself.

If you want me to make a version for YOU, because you seem to be the only one having problems with my drums(that I know of), I'll gladly do it. I'm serious. I know I'm a tad defensive, but you were laughing at my music and I wasn't expecting that from this community lol. Seriously this modding community is probably the best I've been apart of.

Justas love

nah, I'm really terrible when trying to describe or tell whats wrong with electronic/not natural drums.

I still downloaded and used your mod though, I just wanted to give my opinion

SuedKAT

I can agree with you Justas love that the drums don't sound 100% natural, however as a game tune the tunes are perfect in my opinion (well a bit low but that we know already), I'm saying that as a music and metal lover my self if that's any credential to go by. As a game tune, meant to play in the background, to sound nice and atmospheric but not take focus away from the actual game they work very well, this is now one of my must have mods, I can't wait until you fix the volume a bit and add new tunes.

Peppsen

Thank you :) I actually edited the drums a bit already, I'll include it in the next version. This mod will be a lot better when A14 hits, then you can actually here my songs haha. Might not update until then, we'll see.

Peppsen

What do you guys think of a song I made today?  :D

Long way home
Long way home edited the chorus

I need to check it tomorrow to see if I myself want to change anything.

ArguedPiano

The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Elixiar

Really great tracks! Not sure about the snare sample and the reverb though, sounds too synthetic. (You can hear the artefacts on the tails)
Apart from that they fit really well instrumentally and melodically.
I would compress everything together more maybe. I know it removes dynamics but in game I think a more flat backing track would stop disruption with other in game sound elements. (as they are generally quite flat also)

I may be wrong of course, just throwing my chips in :).
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Peppsen

Haha, I understood about half of that.. Not really good at mastering and compressing and shit like that, that got boring  ::).

It's not actually a snare, they're both tom samples I've edited and added reverb. I don't know, I feel like it always sounds more RimWorldish when I add reverb lol. Not sure what to do to change it tho, not a pro :(

EDIT: OOOH, you're talking about the snare in Lovely Day I think.. I totally understand now, I actually changed that already as some people here were pointing out my drum flaws. I just haven't updated it yet :P