[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppsen

1 Kiwi

Wow... You think you could send me some tabs for Never Forgotten? Just.. You know, if you want to.

P.S. That soundcloud link isn't working ;o;
AH nvm I looked up your Ludeon account name and I found you
Dusty keyboard

Peppsen

Quote from: Poet on July 30, 2016, 05:19:23 PM
Wow... You think you could send me some tabs for Never Forgotten? Just.. You know, if you want to.
A little update:
For now I'm more active on Steam workshop. I already added two new songs there. If you have any questions or requests please add me on Steam :) I could surely give you a midi file or flp file if you use FL Studio.

The reason why I'm not that active on the forums this month is that I got IP banned from the forums(support told me it was some kind of massive spam delivered from my exact IP, I have no idea what kind of spam and they wouldn't tell me) and I need to use a VPN everytime I go to these forums and if I forget it I need to clear cookies for it to work and sometimes that isn't even enough.. It's just a pain so I'll stick to Steam until I move in about a month and then I'll be more active on the forums.

I can't update the mod since I'm using a different computer, latest version is available on Steam workshop. If anyone wants me to update here, please let me know.

PS. I fixed the soundcloud link(I changed my soundcloud name recently)

stigma

Your description really down-sells the quality that is on offer here.
What I appreciate the most is that these songs "maybe with the exception of "Rimworld" all merge really well into the original soundtrack.

-Stigma

biship

Grabbed this on steam. It's fantastic, thanks for the sounds. Looking forward to more.

Peppsen

If anyone wants me to update this mod, let me know. Otherwise I'll stick to Steam Workshop.
Oh yeah, I moved today. Can easily browse the forums again, wohooo :)

Monzer

not working getting an error . edit : v3 is not working v5 working good .

rimdragg

Quote from: Peppsen on August 24, 2016, 04:26:15 PM
If anyone wants me to update this mod, let me know. Otherwise I'll stick to Steam Workshop.
Oh yeah, I moved today. Can easily browse the forums again, wohooo :)

It'd be nice if you could update this. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who set up family sharing with Steam so I can download the updated version and then copy it to my Mods/ dir on my install. Or at least post when you update the Steam version and I'd be willing to extract it from my Steam install and upload here (if you'd like).

Dingo

You should definitely update both on Steam and on a 3rd party like dropbox / mediafire. Not everybody uses Steam...

Having said that, I think this mod is a hidden gem in this forum. The songs are extremely good and fit very well into RimWorld! Good job!

LivingNexus

I'm hoping you can help me. I modeled my music mod directly after yours, using music I found around the internet, but I still can't seem to get it to work. This is my first time messing around with XML, so is there something I'm missing? I've been running into a ton of problems both trying to get this mod to work and trying to make it so the music already in the game doesn't play (after 50+ hours I got kind of tired of it). Obviously I have no mods installed except this one. If it helps, all the songs are in .ogg format and range from 7,000kb to 18,000kb.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SongDefs>

<SongDef>
      <defName>Dollar</defName>
      <clipPath>Dollar</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
  <commonality>3.0</commonality>
      <allowedTimeOfDay>Night</allowedTimeOfDay>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>ShadowsR</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
  <allowedSeasons>
<li>Winter</li>
  </allowedSeasons>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Awake</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Worth_Everything</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
      <allowedTimeOfDay>Day</allowedTimeOfDay>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Far_Away</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>The_Sway</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Yui10</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Wish</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>All_Is_Dream</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>One_Day</clipPath>
      <volume>0.9</volume>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Automat</clipPath>
      <tense>true</tense>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Hot_Heart</clipPath>
      <tense>true</tense>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Alfheim</clipPath>
      <tense>true</tense>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Arthropod</clipPath>
      <tense>true</tense>
   </SongDef>

<SongDef>
      <clipPath>Insect_State</clipPath>
      <tense>true</tense>
   </SongDef>

</SongDefs>

My file structure looks like this:

Background Music
‣About
‣Defs
‣‣SongDefs
‣‣‣Songs_Gameplay
‣Sounds
‣‣[music files]

Every time I restart, random songs refuse to play. They all still show up in development mode, but the buttons don't do anything. The songs that don't work are different each time.

Also, setting the Commonality to "0.0" for songs in the Core ‣ Defs ‣ SongDefs ‣ Songs_Gameplay xml file does successfully prevent them from playing, but seemed to throw out a string of errors while in development mode whenever a song probably would play, and the window seems to pop up a random number of times (having to close the debug window 1 time, 8 times, 11 times, 13 times, 3 times, etc.). However, restarting after activating my mod did fix this issue and caused several of my added songs to start working (though not Yui10 and One_Day for some reason). I don't remember what the error message was specifically, but it had something to do with 0.0 and random events. I can only assume that's what the game throws out when it tries to play a song but there's literally nothing it's allowed to play.

Each time I have tested it I started a new colony and just let the game run in the background. What I noticed is that if I don't touch anything songs play fairly frequently, but if I play a song from developer mode then songs take a really long time to start up again, but that might just be regular game behavior.

Also, every once in a while my "Select Landing Site" screen will display a gray box where the world map normally is. Going back and using a different random seed doesn't fix the issue. Only restarting does.

Another quirk is that my mod doesn't prompt the game to restart when activated; I have to do it manually. Is there some line of code my file is missing? Something in the About file that should be there? I'm at a loss.

Peppsen

If you could give me a download link, I could easily take a look at your mod. The problems you're describing haven't happened to me, so I'm not quite sure how you've managed to get these errors  :D

PS. The music files don't need to be in .ogg anymore. mp3 works fine as of A14

LivingNexus

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11879820/BackgrondMusic.zip

My game also started crashing again when I try to generate a world for some reason.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11879820/BackgrondMusic.zip

Peppsen

Yeah, it crashed for me too. The output_log said "OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory". I'm thinking that the files are too big. I'll try to convert the files to mp3

Anyways I got 14 out of 19 tracks to play in-game. The reason the last 5 aren't playing could be the "out of memory" thing, not sure. But it's worth a try!

EDIT: I converted all files to mp3 and everything works fine now. All tracks play in-game and I don't crash anymore  :)
Here's the download

LivingNexus

Thanks. I hate that this was such an easy fix. Sorry to take up your time.

By the way, do you know how to make a song play only once, or how to make it play after a certain even without increasing the commonality?

biship

This guy had a really hard time with memory issues with his Music mod:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23017
Even tiny files were causing out of memory issues.