[1.0-1.2] P-Music - Adds 26 new fan made songs

Started by Peppsen, May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macbuk

Are you planning to add any new tracks in the near future? I really love the FTL-like style of your music.

TrueDestroyer

Nice music :) However I had a problem with your mod, it made my game freeze when I closed the game - instead of shutting down it stopped repsonding - probably memory issues related to file sizes. I did not even try the music in game after seeing this, but simply ported the music to mp3 in Audacity and it fixed the freezing-when-closing-game issue. And the songs also work in game fine now:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

ShinigamiPL

Onion

I'd like to throw in another thank you for creating this mod, its become one of those "essential" mods that I can't play without.  Your music is too good!  ;D  Unfortunately though it seems like music mods in general are poorly handled by Rimworld right now.  I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if this is something that can be fixed or if it's something that's unavoidable but music mods seem like massive memory hogs right now.  When I combined P-Music with my entirely-too-large modlist, Rimworld would crash 100% of the time at world-generation.  Thankfully though I read TrueDestroyer's post (thanks! ;D) and downloaded audacity and converted all the files to mp3's.  This cut down on memory use by over 500 mb!  I don't know if those results will be the same for everybody, but for anybody having trouble or experiencing crashes using this mod I highly recommend to follow TrueDestroyer's advice and convert everything to mp3's.

Dimaspy

So I installed this mod yesterday.
I now have this music run on repeat, even when not playing the game.
Well done!

kcirdor

gillsminnow

Quote from: Peppsen on May 31, 2016, 04:44:44 AM
License
You may do whatever you want with my music as long as you don't use it to make money in any way.
Feel free to use and include in modpacks.

I'm assuming this includes monetized youtube videos or can we use the mod for those? I'd like to use the mod without removing it for some playthroughs, the music is lovely. :)

Peppsen

Quote from: gillsminnow on October 03, 2016, 10:22:43 AM
I'm assuming this includes monetized youtube videos or can we use the mod for those? I'd like to use the mod without removing it for some playthroughs, the music is lovely. :)

Yeah, go ahead! Sorry for not being active on these forums, I've just been updating on steam and actually added a few new songs and converted everything to mp3 as you guys said. I can always make another version where I render the songs in a little lower quality so the file size wouldn't be too big. Just let me know if there's anymore problems with other mods.

Thanks guys for the kind words!  ;D

Supercheese

biship

wow unity sucks

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int)
  at NAudio.Utils.BufferHelpers.Ensure (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 bytesRequired) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NAudio.Wave.SampleProviders.SampleProviderConverterBase.EnsureSourceBuffer (Int32 sourceBytesRequired) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NAudio.Wave.SampleProviders.Pcm16BitToSampleProvider.Read (System.Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NAudio.Wave.SampleProviders.MeteringSampleProvider.Read (System.Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NAudio.Wave.SampleProviders.VolumeSampleProvider.Read (System.Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 sampleCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at NAudio.Wave.SampleProviders.SampleChannel.Read (System.Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 sampleCount) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RuntimeAudioClipLoader.CustomAudioFileReader.Read (System.Single[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) RuntimeAudioClipLoader.CustomAudioFileReader:Read (single[],int,int)
  at RuntimeAudioClipLoader.Manager.DeferredLoaderMain () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
RuntimeAudioClipLoader.Manager:DeferredLoaderMain()

Peppsen

Yeah, zhenter figured out why this is happening.
All the songs I add are decompressed in memory all of the time because that is the default load type for sounds in RimWorld (60mb of mp3 decompressed seems to be about 1,5gb)
There is a possibility to change the load type in Unity to compressed in memory or streaming. Both of these load types would solve the memory problem and decrease the memory usage significantly. Only problem is that Tynan hasn't given modders a way to easily change the load type of sounds. I'm waiting for him to respond to this.

Also, don't blame Unity :(

Litcube

TrueDestroyer

The new tracks are amazing. Actually I'm listening to some of your music outside game!:)

- my vanilla friendly balanced mods and game fixes.

ArguedPiano

I love this mod. It adds much variety to the game. Keep up the good work!
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

skyarkhangel

Rimworld doesnt work well with the addition of a new sounds, music. Its very annoying bug.
i'll test Rimworld memory usage, with enabled/disabled P-Music. +2 GB memory usage O_O Ohh mother of dragons..!