[1.0] Miniaturisation

Started by hwfanatic, June 04, 2016, 09:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 20, 2018, 11:16:54 PM
Quote from: Ruisuki on February 20, 2018, 08:53:07 PM
Does bench 'class' refer to mod benches that use the associated stat?

What do you mean, like a thingClass?

Was referring to this snippet
Quoten addition to that, it will make all benches derived from the same base class movable. This includes benches from other mods

hwfanatic

Parity update for B19. As you may know, the vanilla game now enables you to move most benches, so I'm not sure how useful you will find the mod. But people have requested an update and I delivered. Buildings that are currently unsupported and will come in an update:
BiofuelRefinery
FabricationBench
HiTechResearchBench

New building supported:
CommsConsole
Cooler

Kriyppler

I still use this mod tbh, its very useful. I like to keep my bases modular too so I'm looking forward to an update

ultra4

vanilla now moves some big objects but still leaves out basic stuff like a simple passivecooler or torchlamp, which are obviously easy to move around in real life. Thnks for keeping it up to date

Jiro

Has development ceased or can an update for 1.0 can be expected? RimWorld is unplayable if there are glaringly obvious unrealistic limits to what pawns can move. I know the b19 version works okay in 1.0 but ModManager's whining makes me itchy.

Sleeeper

change target version in About.xml to 1.0.2059 and mod manager will stop whining.

Jiro

Quote from: Sleeeper on November 03, 2018, 04:54:28 AM
change target version in About.xml to 1.0.2059 and mod manager will stop whining.
Good idea. So... no update planned?

hwfanatic

Heymom

i have the VG mod.
It cant mini. the adv. hydroponics basins, i seem to remember i modded an old version to enable it. Any chance of a "official" fix ?

i tried this, but it aint working, not sure what def. name VG is using, as i cant locate it.
<!-- Adv. HydroponicsBasin -->

<Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
<success>Always</success>
<operations>
<li Class="PatchOperationTest">
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasinHydroponicsBasin"]/minifiedDef</xpath>
<success>Invert</success>
</li>
<li Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasin"]</xpath>
<value>
<minifiedDef>MinifiedThing</minifiedDef>
</value>
</li>
</operations>
</Operation>

<operations>
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasin"]/thingCategories</xpath>
</li>
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasin"]</xpath>
<value>
<thingCategories>
<li>BuildingsProduction</li>
</thingCategories>
</value>
</li>
</operations>
</Operation>

<operations>
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasin"]/statBases/Mass</xpath>
</li>
<xpath>/Defs/ThingDef[defName = "Adv.HydroponicsBasin"]/statBases</xpath>
<value>
<Mass>10</Mass>
</value>
</li>
</operations>
</Operation>

hwfanatic

To find a defname, go to options and enable developer mode, after that, load the game and open the inspector (third icon from the right). Toggle deep inspection mode (first icon on the top-left). While inspector is open, hover over the building.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Heymom

Quote from: hwfanatic on November 04, 2018, 06:08:13 PM
To find a defname, go to options and enable developer mode, after that, load the game and open the inspector (third icon from the right). Toggle deep inspection mode (first icon on the top-left). While inspector is open, hover over the building.
tyvm.

ultra4

what is the difference between this mod and minifyeverything? this one seems to minify only some items? instead of everything?