[A13] Mod MEGA PACK - reloaded

Started by crusader2010, June 07, 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikiki

Hi all!
I tried to fix the Caveworld Flora for this modpack but unfortunately I cannot get it to work with all the other mods. :(
If any modder wants to lend a hand, there is a null reference exception when trying to access the ThingDef database:
List<ThingDef> allDefsForReading = DefDatabase<ThingDef>.AllDefsListForReading;

Sigan

Just to throw in my problem to the mix...

I have no problem, so far as I can tell, with Caveworld Flora.  No bugs in the startup log (except the aforementioned Embrasures bug, with the same positive results regardless).  The problem I have is random hauling/cleaning jobs being started for a tick, but then stopped with no error logged.  The result is that a pawn with that job prioritized starts it, it fails for whatever reason, the pawn stands, stunned, and then resets.  If the pawn's priorities haven't changed by the time they're ready to start doing work again, about 3 seconds later or so, they try the exact same job again with the same results.

I have forbid a particular stack of resources, for instance, before, and the pawn moved on to the next job possible, without a problem. However, unforbidding that stack, causes the problem to persist, but only sometimes.

Then there's the cleaning problem, which happens and I can't forbid it.  So, the pawn tries to clean something, and is unsuccessful for some reason, trying over and over again until his priorities change to something else - like eating or sleeping.

I removed VeinMiner because there is a pathing error that it causes, and it is a documentable error.  These hauling/cleaning errors, however, aren't documented anywhere.  So, I have no idea why they're happening.

Anyone else facing this?  Anyone?  ...Beuller?

crusader2010

Quote from: Rikiki on June 16, 2016, 04:10:54 PM
Hi all!
I tried to fix the Caveworld Flora for this modpack but unfortunately I cannot get it to work with all the other mods. :(
If any modder wants to lend a hand, there is a null reference exception when trying to access the ThingDef database:
List<ThingDef> allDefsForReading = DefDatabase<ThingDef>.AllDefsListForReading;

Can you tell us what other mod is it conflicting with and when? In my new playthrough I do not have any errors.

I do remember having an issue when the current colony map did not have any mountains to dig through(or had too few of them), because there was no room for any mushrooms to grow (probably).
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

allenwalkergc

hi 
i have a problem  with loading save file after enabling the modpack
telling me that thers error in map loading
and sorry for my bad English
thanks for a fun mod pack

the modpack worked after i delete the modconfig and enabling the modes one by one by the modpack order
and it worked fine with prepare carfully mode.
thanks

Agyptusekunn

Quote from: allenwalkergc on June 17, 2016, 08:08:52 AM
hi 
Yeah the same thing happened to me  :-\

NotSoSubtle

Quote from: Agyptusekunn on June 18, 2016, 01:20:55 PM
Quote from: allenwalkergc on June 17, 2016, 08:08:52 AM
hi 
Yeah the same thing happened to me  :-\
Thirded. Different attempts to load the same file give me various errors, but a few were 'texture not found' problems. Ill look at this again tomorrow, see if I can't be more descriptive.

NotSoSubtle

Quote from: magik20 on June 14, 2016, 03:10:54 PM
Quote from: Havocprime on June 14, 2016, 11:20:02 AM
Quote from: altair2020 on June 14, 2016, 08:45:24 AM
this mod pack was great fun, however, when i try and load my save i get:
Error when loading map :(
Error when loading map - see log for more info.
i checked out the logs and there was an error relating to Caveworld Flora filename null.
I have since came back to my computer / fresh rimworld and found the same issue, i only managed to get it to reload a save if i disable Caveworld Flora.
Anyone else had this issue?

Quote from: Havocprime on June 10, 2016, 11:32:45 PM

• Delete Rimworld entirely (including ludeon folder in %appdata%)
  • Unzip Rimworld onto desktop
  • Launch Rimworld
  • Close the game
  • Open mods directory and paste all of the mods into it (leaving core obviously)
  • Launch Rimworld a second time
  • Click mods
  • Check each mod on, in order that they appear in Crusader's list
  • Close Rimworld
  • Relaunch Rimworld
  • Enjoy

This was the only way I was able to fix the same issue Altair. Hopefully this works for you too!

Taking a clue from your post, I removed ONLY the config folder and tried to load a saved game that wouldnt load before.

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

That did the trick, all i had to do was load back in the modconfig order.  I would suggest at present the issue is somewhere inside that folder.

quickly tried this, did not fix the problem. also tried to start a new colony, save it, and reload, and still got an error.

NotSoSubtle

Alright, think i got it going. Tried removing Caveworld Flora on a whim after reading others had a problem with it. No change in problem. In several attempts I noticed the embrasures mentioned more than once, but not every time. I removed ED-Embrasures and ED-Embrasures patch for CombatRealism, made a new world, saved it, quit to Windows. Reloaded game and save without error. Then loaded old save, which complained that CaveFlora was gone but loaded fine. Saved, reloaded, no problem that time at all.

I dont know code or software, but Im guessing there was a conflict between two different embrasure types in the file, since I can still build them (with the CR pixels.) But I dont know.

This was a fun riddle. Now Im going to bed. Goodnight.

[wilb]

just bought it, installed the game and the mods, can't load the 2hr old savegame. I receive an error message, even with a new game.

Now I receive a warning that the mods aren't compatible

dascholty

Hey guys,

same here.  Caveflora bugged loadings directly. Can start new colonies & play... but cannot load any save with this mod active. ¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

btw. nice modpack! love it -

HoracioCavalo

First things first, excellent mod pack, you're doing a great job.

Now, 2 questions:
Can I, disable Caveworld Flora safely ? or disable will break the pack?
and, PrepareCarefully works ok when loading as last mod ?

Thx Guys!

NotSoSubtle

So been playing the modpack since I cut out the one embrasure thing, yay, buuuuuut now I notice I have no caravans. Awesome. Another riddle to riddle out. Which is a real bummer, since it since i found out when I built and was looking forward to trying the caravan management building....thing.

And yes, I did try debug mode and triggering a caravan event. It's disabled. It even has a [NO] on the button. I don't k[NO]w why. Grrrrr.

Quote from: HoracioCavalo on June 20, 2016, 02:24:52 PM

Now, 2 questions:

Thx Guys!

I removed flora when trying to get other things to work. It wasn't the problem, but I left it out and haven't noticed any related problems. But who knows. I also added prepare carefully, and have the same comment.

crusader2010

Quote from: HoracioCavalo on June 20, 2016, 02:24:52 PM

Now, 2 questions:

Thx Guys!

Caveworld flora should not cause any issues when disabling it. If you cannot load the map afterwards then it needs a new colony :(

The only issue I found with caveworld flora is that it bugs out when there are too few mountains on the map (i.e. no room to spawn mushrooms). If your map is like an open field, CF will bug out. Probably the same happens when you mine a lot of the mountains and your map becomes very open. Please take this into account!

"Prepare carefully" is not compatible with some of the mods from the pack so I advise not using it. You may try if you want, but be prepared for errors :)

Everyone having problems, did you try using the .dll for CombatRealism from the "ORIGINAL DLL" folder??? Copy it over in the \Assemblies subfolder of CR. The embrasures should work properly; those errors are harmless unless something else is happening too :(
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Ventrue

I use Prepare Carefully with the Misc Patch for it ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0 ). I load Prepare Carefully right after EdBModOrder and the Misc Patch right after Miscellaneous_MapGenerator. My game currently runs with no major errors. Once in a while I get an error from Caveworld Flora about mushrooms and 10 jobs in 10 ticks but they're not constant.

lughtaj

I have no mods besides this mod pack. Everything works fine, until I save and quit, and then there is an error when I try to load. So I guess the same issue a bunch of other people are having.