[A13] Mod MEGA PACK - reloaded

Started by crusader2010, June 07, 2016, 02:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusader2010

The save and load issue could be happening because of the Misc. Map Generator mod. Try disabling it, but it'll require a new colony. You may also try editing the saved game and removing the reference to it... not sure if it's enough to load an older save.
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Tricloid

I was having the loading problem, so I manually went through an activated each mod in turn according to crusader's posts at the beginning.

What seems to be the problem is that DarknessRevampSB is not activated in the mod-list given in the download, when in fact it should be activated just before Darkness_Lights_A13. I don't know if they're connected, but when I activated DarknessRevampSB before the other one, I could load games just fine!

Crusader, you might want to modify the mod_list file in your mod, assuming this is the problem everyone has. I hope this helps some people!

Keldo

Had the loading problem too so i did a full load order check between the ModsConfig.xml file and the  mod order you give on the 1st page.

You need to add the line DarnknessRevampSB between EdBModOrder and Darkness_Lights_A13_1.0 :
<li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>DarknessRevampSB</li>
<li>Darkness_Lights_A13_1.0</li>

And change Hospitality load order :
<li>RT_SolarFlareShield-A13-1.0.0</li>
    <li>Hospitality</li>
<li>EdBColonistBar</li>

Create a new world and loading save games should work fine now !

crusader2010

But DarknessRevamp was disabled specifically because some people complained about it (i know i wrote about it in some change log); removing or adding it again should not affect anything. I'll check the page again though.

NotSoSubtle

Quote from: crusader2010 on June 21, 2016, 01:45:07 AM
Everyone having problems, did you try using the .dll for CombatRealism from the "ORIGINAL DLL" folder??? Copy it over in the \Assemblies subfolder of CR. The embrasures should work properly; those errors are harmless unless something else is happening too :(

I have not tried changing the .dll. Thats something for me to take a crack at.

The embrasure problem was not about the combat physics though. In game, they worked fine. from the error messages, the problem was that CR embrasures and a seperate embrasure mod were creating an object with the same name, and the texture loader broke when it tried to call up the texture. The only repeated error I had loading games was a 'failed to find embrasure texture' but I know for a fact both were in the files.

Then I removed the independent Embrasure mod (I left the CR one) and now my saves load. And I still have embrasures.

Not that I didn't discover other issues after that. Freaking caravans.

HoracioCavalo

Guys,

I've been playing and, so far so good. Playing with Cassandra in Rough, and i found it is very diffcult (new player xD). I'll try to play with Phoebe in Rough, maybe i get better at this.

The only problem i had, was about the ammunition system, after 2 raids i got a few ammunitions and on the 3rd raid, i couldn't reload anymore (the starter pistol and starter rifle that i doesn't remember the name now.).
The question is, what type of ammunition they use, because I don't know if it is a bug, or just bad luck.

Ps. Playing with Prepare Carefully.
Ps2. Sorry for the bad English =/.

Thanks for all!

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: HoracioCavalo on June 22, 2016, 02:25:43 PM
Guys,

I've been playing and, so far so good. Playing with Cassandra in Rough, and i found it is very diffcult (new player xD). I'll try to play with Phoebe in Rough, maybe i get better at this.

The only problem i had, was about the ammunition system, after 2 raids i got a few ammunitions and on the 3rd raid, i couldn't reload anymore (the starter pistol and starter rifle that i doesn't remember the name now.).
The question is, what type of ammunition they use, because I don't know if it is a bug, or just bad luck.

Ps. Playing with Prepare Carefully.

Thanks for all!
You need ammo for your guns to reload them due to a mod.
Go into the weapon Info (the "i" button) screen, it should tell you there what ammo they use. The pistol uses .45 ammo as far as I remember.

HoracioCavalo

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on June 22, 2016, 02:58:19 PM
You need ammo for your guns to reload them due to a mod.
Go into the weapon Info (the "i" button) screen, it should tell you there what ammo they use. The pistol uses .45 ammo as far as I remember.

Maybe it's a bug then, because on my Info screen of the weapon (pistol and rifle) doesn't have the ammo type, only the default infos with the new values from CR.

Tonight I'll try to play without PrepareCarefully, to see if something change.

Darkfirephoenix

Can't load my saves... It stops loading shortly before the assets are fully loaded and throws me back to the main screen.

I have attached a screenshot if it helps

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

BandOfDog

Hi Crusader, Can I just ask what the research curve is like in this mod pack? For example what system does it use? I know Hardcore SK uses parts of superior crafting for the research tree and Arbitration uses a custom one.

Also as a bonus question, are you using any texture packs? I find a lot of the original textures a bit bland after using various modpacks. :P No offense Tynan!

crusader2010

Quote from: BandOfDog on June 22, 2016, 11:02:20 PM
Hi Crusader, Can I just ask what the research curve is like in this mod pack? For example what system does it use? I know Hardcore SK uses parts of superior crafting for the research tree and Arbitration uses a custom one.

Also as a bonus question, are you using any texture packs? I find a lot of the original textures a bit bland after using various modpacks. :P No offense Tynan!

Unfortunately everything is standard, with whatever some mods are adding in terms of research. Same for the textures. The overhaul mods won't work with this pack most likely (because they need to take into account each research option added by each of the mods, i think). Same for the textures. If you have any links for some graphical overhaul pack, let me know and I'll take a look. Had a very busy month so it might take a while before I get to test some stuff out though.

BandOfDog

Quote from: crusader2010 on June 23, 2016, 01:52:07 AM
Unfortunately everything is standard, with whatever some mods are adding in terms of research. Same for the textures. The overhaul mods won't work with this pack most likely (because they need to take into account each research option added by each of the mods, i think). Same for the textures. If you have any links for some graphical overhaul pack, let me know and I'll take a look. Had a very busy month so it might take a while before I get to test some stuff out though.

I know skyark used Jabbamonkeys graphic overhaul, which I assume he updated to alpha 13 as the last update on that page is A9. Here's the link anyway https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10895.0

cakeonslaught

Hi Guys,

I found a solution to not being able to load my save. Below are the steps that fixed the error for me, which i believe was due to caveworld flora based on what the log said. I messed with darkness revamp on a whim.

Step 1: Removed caveworld flora from the load order.

Step 2: Copied the mod load order from the modsconfig file and pasted it in as the load order for my save and its associated world.

Step 3: Edited my savegame xml file to remove all instances of the caveworld flora thingdefs and buildingdefs. I found references in my stockpiles, some buildings, some things, and a map component that needed to be removed.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind i'm not an expert and doing this may have caused other problems, but hey my game loads now.

lughtaj

I was able to load saves after disabling caveworld flora and the embrasure mods like NotSoSubtle mentioned. Too bad though, I really like caveworld flora.

crusader2010

Did you guys try Keldo's solution from above, on this page? There is a mod load order issue if you have't copied over the new modsconfig.xml from the pack (and started a new game).