[MOD] (Alpha 3F) PopCap+ (v.1.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

I assume Zack is correct with why raiders stop appearing when this mod is active. If Zack is correct, there is nothing I can do to fix it.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

keylocke

Quote from: Zack_Wester on March 09, 2014, 09:24:05 AM
hmm I think it have to do whit the fact you rased the popcap aim point for the AI so it will not spawn raider as you are to low on pop... not sure. remember the AI take into consideration your popcap when desiding things and whit the curent pop lev in % set so low it might never roll for raider. Like in DnD where player reported situvation of having an successes if you rolled an 7 on an 6 side dice. 1d6 in other word impossible to get.

any more news on this?

what part should we look at to change the percentage of events kicking off? (assuming that raider spawns are based on the percentage of current population compared to maximum population)

i wanted to play tough cassandra without the pop cap 'coz randy random is too erratic.. sometimes there's so much peace time on the end game that it gets boring, while sometimes i get a string of unfortunate events coupled with simultaneous raids at the beginning.

i wanted a gradual but challenging increase of difficulty (tough cassandra) but with a very high population limit (like randy random). is there a way to do this?

a89a89

I love this mod, will you update the mod for alpha 3?

ItchyFlea

This will be updated in a few days. I need some time to experiment to ensure the game plays as it should with the adjusted population limit.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

burki

Hows the version for alpha 3 coming along?

ItchyFlea

Finally updated to RimWorld Alpha 3!

This works fine with Alpha 3F.  The update changes the maximum number of colonists to 250, instead of 500 like the Alpha 2 version. It also adds a new Storyteller AI, Phoebe Friendly+. She should never throw raiders at you.

Jdalt40

Can you please make it a zip file because I cannot open 7 zip files even though I have 7 zip :D

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Joshy1111 on April 26, 2014, 10:30:31 PM
Can you please make it a zip file because I cannot open 7 zip files even though I have 7 zip :D
Rename the file so it ends in .zip instead of .7z. A quick test shows that WinRAR doesn't notice the difference, so whatever it is your using shouldn't either. I suggest associating .7z files with 7zip, otherwise there really is no point in having it installed on your system.

Bodog999

When I installed the mod I also didnt got any raids until I stopped all possible power sources and drained all the power from my batteries and then the raiders came again

ps I was playing on randy random

Evmeister

ItchyFlea, is it possible to modify it so throttles and averages around 50 instead 25? Is it something I could do myself or would be interested in doing a higher average one?

ItchyFlea

Quote from: Evmeister on May 08, 2014, 09:35:40 PM
ItchyFlea, is it possible to modify it so throttles and averages around 50 instead 25? Is it something I could do myself or would be interested in doing a higher average one?
This is something you could do this yourself, either by making your own mod or modifying this one.
If you go the route of modifying this one, all you need to do is find this field for each storyteller in this file: PopCap+\Defs\StorytellerDefs\BaseStorytellers.xml
<desiredPopulationMax>25</desiredPopulationMax>and change it to:<desiredPopulationMax>50</desiredPopulationMax>
The only tool you need is a text editor, such as notepad. :D

Evmeister

Okay Great! That's pretty simple. Thank you!

Rex705

Will this mod be updated? I really liked having a big colony.

nmid

Mods\Core\Defs\StorytellerDefs\BaseStorytellers.xml

Make the changes to
      <desiredPopulationMin>3</desiredPopulationMin>
      <desiredPopulationMax>11</desiredPopulationMax>
      <desiredPopulationCritical>16</desiredPopulationCritical>
in each story teller mode.

Edit - Oh, Itchy already mentioned this a few posts ago... Didn't you see it ;) ?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

ItchyFlea

For those wondering about whether or not an Alpha 5 version of this will occur: Cala13er has been given permission to continue development of this mod.
In other words, yes, I'm fairly confident there will soon be an Alpha 5 version. :)

Updated version maintained by Cala13er can be found here: [MOD] (Alpha 5) PopCap+