[MOD] (Alpha 3F) PopCap+ (v.1.1)

Started by ItchyFlea, February 26, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItchyFlea

PopCap+ v1.1

Updated version maintained by Cala13er can be found here: [MOD] (Alpha 5) PopCap+

Description:
PopCap+ increases the total population cap to around 250 colonists, although levels off a bit for an average of 25.

Mod Team:
Download:
PopCap+ v1.1

How to install:
  • Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
  • Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
Changelog:
V1.1:
  • Updates the mod to RimWorld Alpha 3F
  • Adds a new Storyteller AI that never has raiders appear. Called Phoebe Friendly+. She's found at the bottom of the list of storytellers.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

a89a89

THis looks great! Keep up the good work!

keylocke

500 colonists?  :o that would be awesome.

but what do you mean about this?
Quotealthough levels off a bit for an average of 25.

it's confusing.

ItchyFlea

Storytellers have 3 fields regarding the number of colonists you can have. Minimum, Maximum, Critical

The max is at 25, and critical is at 500. Once you reach 25 the game will generally make it harder to get new colonists, but not impossible. Once you reach 500, you won't ever incap someone, see a slaver ship or travellers until you have less than 500 colonists.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Dyllionaire

Thanks for this! Trying it out now. One question, my understanding is that because of the way this mod works I won't be required to start a new game. Is that correct?

ItchyFlea

That's correct. You can also stop using the mod at any point without problems.

DarkXess

Thanks for posting your release. Please update your release post with our download links too :)

You can find our mirror here:

OnyxShadow

I started using this mod around day 150 and between that time and day 200 I was never attacked by raiders. Before installing the mod, I was getting attacked about every 5 days almost like clockwork.

ItchyFlea

Odd. What storyteller are you using? Also, how did it go with getting more colonists?

Dark0ne

Just to confirm that I used this mod today and get the same situation. I was on day 180 and was struggling under the strain of raider attacks every 3-5 days without fail. After installing the mod I've currently gone 30 days without an attack (the occasional squirrel will go mad, though!).

Can confirm the popcap stuff is working, however. While originally I'd never incap any raiders, receive no slaver ships or get any passing people, I now do. I've gone from 11 residents to 18 over about 40 days, so not bad.

I am using the casual storyteller for beginners (not the sandbox mode, but the easy mode).

ItchyFlea

Hmm. Very odd, as I've checked the mod code, and the only thing that's different from the original file is the population numbers.
I'll look into it further and see if I can figure out why this is happening.

OnyxShadow

Using this mod on normal raiders stopped. Using this mod on random raiders still are coming.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: OnyxShadow on March 08, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Using this mod on normal raiders stopped. Using this mod on random raiders still are coming.
Was this in already-established colonies, or with new colonies? Also what happens if you disable the mod, do raiders re-appear?

Zack_Wester

hmm I think it have to do whit the fact you rased the popcap aim point for the AI so it will not spawn raider as you are to low on pop... not sure. remember the AI take into consideration your popcap when desiding things and whit the curent pop lev in % set so low it might never roll for raider. Like in DnD where player reported situvation of having an successes if you rolled an 7 on an 6 side dice. 1d6 in other word impossible to get.

Dynastiew