[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgloz

Quote from: Mrshilka on July 19, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
I have loaded the A14 version of this mod alongside a few other mods I am running and started a new game, I have the CCL also installed and my games gives me no errors but both the medium and the industrial coolers are not cooling.

I should point out the small cooler is working as described however.

I tested the industrial cooler and it worked fine could you tell me what are the other mods that you are using? Remember that the industrial cooler needs to have an attatched exaust port to function. I'll test the medium cooler. Found the problem, it's fixed now.

Quote from: Viken on July 19, 2016, 10:18:49 PM
I also have the same problem Mrshilka.  The medium and industrial coolers don't seem to work.  Plus I couldn't figure out if it were possible to connect them to the piping system in the first place, which would be a nice feature.  Lol.

The things that connect to the piping system are in the ductwork tab, so if you want to cool the system you will have to use duct coolers or a duct intake in a cold room.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Last2Night

43d fixes the problem with Medium Cooler not cooling. Thanks.

Mrshilka

BaconBits

Thanks for being on top of all the issues and the quick fixes.  ;D ;D

rekasa

I just downloaded the recent version and started a game - I tried to build a medium cooler, and after my colonist finished, it disappeared  and doesn't seem to exist.

Any ideas?

mrofa

Morgloz looked at compatibility between out mods since atm they seem to not work together, didnt fully test it yet but you basic error is CCL wrong version, which invialidates your mod and couse some wierd errors.
To fix that go to Defs/ModHelperDefs and in xml change the
<minCCLVersion>0.14.0.1</minCCLVersion>
to
<minCCLVersion>0.14.0</minCCLVersion>

Edit: also after testing mod in game found a possible bug that may generate errors.
Duct intakes and outlets blueprints can be placed multiply in one cell, like 4 on each wall side. im not sure if its inteded, since i  cant  place a blueprint on a cell with already build intake/outlet.
So either way you should look at the placeworker
All i do is clutter all around.

lukiono

Maybe (i hope so) it's a fault on my side, but the temperature control doesn't work for me or is very inefficient.... only the campfire heats up rooms as example.
All components in the temperature tab (heaters and coolers) uses low power, regardless of the temperature setting and wont work....

What i'm doing wrong...?

Famous Shoes

Looking back through the comments of this and the original thread, I don't see a mention of anyone tackling or fixing the problems with the "core mechanic" of RedistHeat. That is, the original mod didn't work in complex, multi-room setups (the problems showed up at different times and in different ways for different people, see original thread.) Did I miss those posts and has anyone tried or succeeded in fixing that or have all the updates been about patch "surface" incompatibilities?

Morgloz

Quote from: mrofa on July 21, 2016, 06:00:54 AM
Morgloz looked at compatibility between out mods since atm they seem to not work together, didnt fully test it yet but you basic error is CCL wrong version, which invialidates your mod and couse some wierd errors.
To fix that go to Defs/ModHelperDefs and in xml change the
<minCCLVersion>0.14.0.1</minCCLVersion>
to
<minCCLVersion>0.14.0</minCCLVersion>

Edit: also after testing mod in game found a possible bug that may generate errors.
Duct intakes and outlets blueprints can be placed multiply in one cell, like 4 on each wall side. im not sure if its inteded, since i  cant  place a blueprint on a cell with already build intake/outlet.

Ok, I will change the CCL version requirement and look the placeworker

Quote from: Famous Shoes on July 21, 2016, 10:24:41 AM
Looking back through the comments of this and the original thread, I don't see a mention of anyone tackling or fixing the problems with the "core mechanic" of RedistHeat. That is, the original mod didn't work in complex, multi-room setups (the problems showed up at different times and in different ways for different people, see original thread.) Did I miss those posts and has anyone tried or succeeded in fixing that or have all the updates been about patch "surface" incompatibilities?
By now I am maintaining the mod just enough for it to be compatible with A14. I am new at modding RimWorld so it will take a while until I can make significant changes to the mod. :)
My mods:
RedistHeat

Veyda

I seem to have an opposite issue - Medium Cooler cools, but the Small one doesn't. Just always sits in Low power mode. (43d)

Morgloz

Quote from: Veyda on July 21, 2016, 03:25:04 PM
I seem to have an opposite issue - Medium Cooler cools, but the Small one doesn't. Just always sits in Low power mode. (43d)
I'll take a look then.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: lukiono on July 21, 2016, 06:27:42 AM
Maybe (i hope so) it's a fault on my side, but the temperature control doesn't work for me or is very inefficient.... only the campfire heats up rooms as example.
All components in the temperature tab (heaters and coolers) uses low power, regardless of the temperature setting and wont work....

What i'm doing wrong...?

I tested all heaters/coolers and the only one that doesn't work is the small cooler, If they don't start, maybe the room is at their target temperature

Quote from: mrofa on July 21, 2016, 06:00:54 AM
You are right, up to four can be placed on the same cell! My guess is that it was unintended, since once one is built no more can be designated, but I think it is very cool so I'll try to change the placeworker to let the player build more once one is built.
My mods:
RedistHeat

lukiono

The rooms was definitly not at the target temperature...
Here you have a brand new testing savegame. The only mods used are CCL, CCL Tweaks and RedistHeat in that loadorder...
Only the small cooler works here for me.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

drakulux

I found that the coolers and heaters from this mod are not flickable, so I added the comp flicking code manually. 

Morgloz

Quote from: lukiono on July 22, 2016, 07:13:50 AM
The rooms was definitly not at the target temperature...
Here you have a brand new testing savegame. The only mods used are CCL, CCL Tweaks and RedistHeat in that loadorder...
Only the small cooler works here for me.

Found what is happening. You don't have the latest release, the problem you have has been fixed.
My mods:
RedistHeat