[1.0] RedistHeat (Oct 29, v50) Ported to 1.0

Started by Morgloz, July 19, 2016, 02:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tridon

Thanks for the A16 release.

I tried it and it seems to be working, but the active vents are not getting power and therefore not working.

Also I couldn't figure out how the active vents will work. If Vent is pushing Air from A to B will it be smart?
Since you can only specify one temperature will it check if the temperature moved is working towards that temperature?

1. A (temp 20 °C) active vent -> B (-5 °C) Target temperature of B is 10 °C
2. A (temp -10 °C ) active vent -> B (-5 °C) target temperature of B is 10 °C

In case 1. i should heat the room but will it cool the room in case 2. ?

Morgloz

Quote from: tridon on January 07, 2017, 08:02:51 PM
Thanks for the A16 release.

I tried it and it seems to be working, but the active vents are not getting power and therefore not working.

Also I couldn't figure out how the active vents will work. If Vent is pushing Air from A to B will it be smart?
Since you can only specify one temperature will it check if the temperature moved is working towards that temperature?

1. A (temp 20 °C) active vent -> B (-5 °C) Target temperature of B is 10 °C
2. A (temp -10 °C ) active vent -> B (-5 °C) target temperature of B is 10 °C

In case 1. i should heat the room but will it cool the room in case 2. ?
I'll check the power issue, and no, in the 2nd case it will close since it cannot heat the room
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: Goldini50 on January 07, 2017, 03:57:17 PM
Unfortunately for me it is not possible to place any Object.  :(
I tested it without any other mod (Only Core + RedistHeat ) and a new map - still the same problem.
If I try to place f.e. a small cooler, this message appears in my log :

"Exception in UIRootUpdate: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be Null.
Parameter name : type"

Is there any workaround/hotfix for this ?
Cheers,...

Please attach the output_log.txt in your game data folder so I can get more info
My mods:
RedistHeat

Smexy_Vampire

Grabarz

I have question:
- Is it possible to makes storage rooms with temperature -270 Celsius degree?
I tried to do this with stock coolers however minimal temperature was around -110(temp outside of the room was about +20 degree), and don't ask why i temperature of liquid nitrogen in game

Canute

For these deep temp. i suggest Quantum cooling  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26590.0.

And i hope you are geting the ducts to work, who need heater, when we can exploid steam geysirs :-)

Degraine

Thanks for the update, Morgloz.

I've been thinking about the ducts some lately, and I think you may be approaching the concept from the wrong direction. Functionally, the duct cooler building should just be a source of cooling without the network it's connected to requiring an intake. Gameplay-wise, if you have a source of cold air already, why wouldn't you just connect straight to that and not bother with extra complications in the system?

Extending this thought, I reckon the industrial heater/cooler should be made to function the same way. So rather than putting duct intakes on the room that holds an industrial heater/cooler, you could just connect directly to it and it changes the temperature of the duct network directly. The heater would probably still heat the physical room it's in a bit as well, of course.

Goldini50

Here´s my log file.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Morgloz

Quote from: Grabarz on January 08, 2017, 02:50:19 AM
I have question:
- Is it possible to makes storage rooms with temperature -270 Celsius degree?
I tried to do this with stock coolers however minimal temperature was around -110(temp outside of the room was about +20 degree), and don't ask why i temperature of liquid nitrogen in game

I've tested it and you can't achieve those temperatures with this mod. Maybe when I get the ductwork to work you will be able to transfer the cold to a heavily insulated room.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: Goldini50 on January 08, 2017, 05:41:31 AM
Here´s my log file.

Ok looks like you are trying to load the ductwork, make sure to remove the .xml inside DesignationCategoryDefs and Buildings_Duct.xml inside ThingDefs
My mods:
RedistHeat

Morgloz

Quote from: tridon on January 07, 2017, 08:02:51 PM

Mine work as intended try to put a power source closer to them or send me the output_log if that doesn't work.
My mods:
RedistHeat

Goldini50

I deleted both .xml files, but without success.

Here's my log again : http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=ga5b5bed55514d91c9999202911fe7d9cd66c588b5

(couldnt attached it cuz its >600KB )
Cheers,..

Morgloz

Quote from: Goldini50 on January 08, 2017, 10:08:45 AM
I deleted both .xml files, but without success.

Here's my log again : http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=ga5b5bed55514d91c9999202911fe7d9cd66c588b5

(couldnt attached it cuz its >600KB )
Cheers,..

Now it looks like you don't have the .dll. Please delete the mod and download it again.
My mods:
RedistHeat

deathstar

May I ask what is wrong with the ductwork? I'm still using the ported version burando has uploaded and it seems to be working. Are there some changes coming with the real thing?

Morgloz

Quote from: deathstar on January 08, 2017, 03:28:05 PM
May I ask what is wrong with the ductwork? I'm still using the ported version burando has uploaded and it seems to be working. Are there some changes coming with the real thing?

The ported version doesn't fix the bugs with the smart outlets and the overall wonkyness of big nets. That's why I'm redoing all the coding.
My mods:
RedistHeat