[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

faltonico

You might want to remove (or update) the "Neko patch" in the OP, the Orassan_Race.xml is not updated.
A simple replacement of the textures seems to be working without problems (I'm ok with the custom color generation).

Edit: grammar derp.

faltonico

I bumped into this error, in case you are interested in knowing:
Exception drawing Alien_Orassan_Corpse934443: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.PawnGraphicSet.HeadMatAt (Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00085>
at ShowHair.PawnRenderer_RenderPawnInternal.Prefix (Verse.PawnRenderer,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x00725>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnInternal_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Vector3,UnityEngine.Quaternion,bool,Verse.Rot4,Verse.Rot4,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool,bool) <0x00174>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.RotDrawMode,bool) <0x00b82>
at Verse.PawnRenderer.RenderPawnAt (UnityEngine.Vector3) <0x00061>
at Verse.Corpse.DrawAt (UnityEngine.Vector3,bool) <0x00069>
at Verse.Thing.Draw () <0x00047>
at Verse.ThingWithComps.Draw () <0x00010>
at Verse.DynamicDrawManager.DrawDynamicThings (Verse.DrawTargetDef) <0x003f6>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings(DrawTargetDef)
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Destroying what remained of that stopped the console spamming.

Diana Winters

Update 2: Orassans no longer have an aversion to belts

kubolek01

Why Alien Framework is on Steam?
Can you make this link from other site?
That restricts this mod only to Steam version!
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Canute

Diana,
please use the github link, this is the forum not steam, when you point at a mod that is steam only release for your mod, then you don't need to post it here :-)
Alien framework:
https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on July 31, 2017, 12:15:33 PM
Diana,
please use the github link, this is the forum not steam, when you point at a mod that is steam only release for your mod, then you don't need to post it here :-)
Alien framework:
https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces

No. I host my mod on the nexus and steam, and don't use github. I don't care if you don't want to use it. You being so condescending does not make me want to use it either.

Canute

Sorry if you don't understood me wrong.
I don't force you to use any plattform.

But this isn't steam, and not the steam-discussion. But your mod require a mod previously, and you link to steam-download.
And since this forum is mainly for DRM-user they can't access it.

It is your choise to update the link to the Alien framework to the Github project or just ignore the forum.

Diana Winters

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2017, 03:32:24 AM
Sorry if you don't understood me wrong.
I don't force you to use any plattform.

But this isn't steam, and not the steam-discussion. But your mod require a mod previously, and you link to steam-download.
And since this forum is mainly for DRM-user they can't access it.

It is your choise to update the link to the Alien framework to the Github project or just ignore the forum.

Since the github link is on the steam page, I don't see the issue

Canute

And i don't see the point why you don't use the github link. Except you get extra cash from steam to point at the steam page first.

Just made the DRM users happy, that they don't need to visit steam.

mrsebseb

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2017, 08:44:40 AM
And i don't see the point why you don't use the github link. Except you get extra cash from steam to point at the steam page first.

Just made the DRM users happy, that they don't need to visit steam.

Now, when asking people working on things for a community, for free, to do something. Not acting entitled, condescending and arrogant is the way to go. At least if your goal was to have them do as asked.

And if the non-DRM users are "too good" to so much as open up a steam page to get a link they can simply do without said mod.
That is entirely on them.

kubolek01

Ok, I got it, and it works with other mods well.
And everything goes to alliance with GDI (Yea, TiberiumRim on!)

kubolek01

One more thing. Orassan can kite the Thrumbo without any boost,base is around 0,6 higher. Isn't it a little OP?

Skcuske_Lobuk

Quote from: kubolek01 on August 04, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
One more thing. Orassan can kite the Thrumbo without any boost,base is around 0,6 higher. Isn't it a little OP?
from my experience, Orassans are unbalanced and overpowered. it's no fun anymore.

Oblitus

Orassan start and storyteller are boringly OP, but their tech is relatively sane and makes decent late game tier if you compare it to many other mods. Just don't start with them.

Well, unless a mad rabbit attacks their caravan. Then they kill each other with cryo launchers, and you can loot a ton of top-tier guns and armors early.

kubolek01

Found most expensive item in whole game. Legendary Orassan Rocket Launcher. Value:120k silver!